IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 70 - April 13, 2018 - Short game work with a college player of mine, then 18 holes at Whispering Woods.

URL is: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2084338.

8 hours ago, Billsy said:

chipping and putting indoors if I cannot get outside everyday. Inside 100 yards is the key to golfing success!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's not at all, @Billsy. Check out the links that @klineka posted up above.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 8 of 10:

10 Minutes of mirror work inside since the weather is wet. Worked on addressing the golf ball with correct posture, worked on my usual elbow work with the right elbow chasing the belly button. 

4/13/18:

Played golf today outside. I mean no A4 to A5 drills indoors at home. I was so excited I played 27 holes.

Day 378. Perfect 2018.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

4/14/18:

Day 379:

I have to work today, besides winter is rearing it's ugly head again, So I did a few drills for A4 to A5 with my 4-wood (don't carry a 3-wood) indoors. I have a lesson coming up on Wednesday.

The supersoft conditions, wind, and how heavy and damp the air was caused me to lose a good bit of distance. I hit a couple 8-irons from 140 that were coming up short, and this was after I had adjusted for the wind and heaviness of the air. Maybe in a couple weeks, I can get a couple days when it's warmer and the air density is normal.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 17 - played 18 holes in a bowmaker. Much better with contact, but poor close range putting didn't help. Must get better from 6ft and in... 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Day 71 - April 14, 2018 - Practiced downtown after junior clinics.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Went to go play golf today..    but, couldn’t.

0294E053-B2FC-4C42-97F3-224DA3B1FC04.jpeg

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Day 104.

Just got off the practice green. Shot a +5, 77 for 36 pins. This Heavy Putter and myself are developing a decent relationship.

Greens were rolling fast. I had 7 three putts. Most were misses that continued to roll down hill if the ball went past the hole. This practice green seems to be tougher than most of greens on the course.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 19 - Net work for about 40 minutes. Worked on my pitch elbow feel and shaft flattening from the top. Finished with pitching in the back yard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 9 of 11:

Short game day. Worked on pitching technique, hitting crisp pitches and hit to some targets in my yard working on getting the ball to land in the right spots. Updated my swing thread. 

Day 58 - hit at range with my 8yo. Lots of fun. Focusing on centered turn and steady head

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

DAY 146   Got out early and put in 2 1/2 hours on the range working on my downswing sequence and posture throughout the swing.  Then played 9 holes in the WIND!!!!    Will be doing some work with my KPlayer and Impact Ball later after lunch.

4/15/17:

Day 380:

Did some A4 to A5 work again today most of the focus was leading my body into a good position so my weight is forward. 

105 of 105 this in 2018.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 105

Chipping, one putt practice this morning. Focus was on green reads, and chipping the ball close enough for 1 putts. Only used one ball.

After that I practiced 4' putts. Made all the straight ones, missed a few breakers. 

Still nursing the reminants of a pinched nerve I suffered a few weeks ago.  No full swing allowed yet. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 72 - April 15, 2018 - 15 minutes of practicing the backswing before a lesson from Pittsburgh.

Day 10 of 12:

20-30 mins of mirror work and making slow specific swings with a 6 iron working on priority piece. Then filmed a full swing 6I from FO view. First full swing in over a week with anything more than a lob wedge. Everything else has been very slow. One thing I liked was I noticed in the mirror in my DTL view that the club was working away from me to start the downswing....I have never been able to do that before without hitting some wonky shots. Today things felt good even if mostly slow. 

Day 59 - Some swings in front yard with UW focusing on centered turn and steady head

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny