IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 23 - 40 minutes Net work. Focused on my pitch elbow feel. Hit around 20 balls only.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 149.   Played 18 holes of golf today at World Woods Pine Barrens course. After a rough start, I played the last 10 holes in two over par.  Starting to see where my practice is moving over to my play on the course.  Then came home and for 15 minutes I worked with my Gravity Fit training system to help with my posture. 

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

• Administrator

Day 75 - April 18, 2018 - Ten or fifteen minutes practicing my full swing. I didn't do a great job today. Part of it may have been the oddly fitting jacket. When I took that off it was better.

Plus a few minutes practicing pitching from the putting green (to return @NatalieB's balls to her, chipping).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 13 of 15:

Played 18 holes at one of my favorite Houston area courses...Memorial Park. Shot a nice little 91. 20.7 differential. Looking forward to more practice and more improvement, but my handicap is trending the right way again. 

Day 63 - back at work today. Jeeez, can't wait to retire...only 25 yrs to go. Anyways, did kettle bell work at the gym this morning for emphasis on balanced weight shift forward with centered turn.  I'll get some lag putting in over lunch break down the long hallway. I'd guesstimate it runs about 9.5 on the stimpmeter 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 109

Stopped by practice green after dropping the Grand Daughters off at school. Rain in the forecast, so decided to get an early start. 

Chip, and one putt practice today from 5' off the green. Focus was on reads, club selection, alignment, and landing areas. Idea was to chip close enough for a one putt. 

Probably graded myself a B+. :-P

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 24 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on form.

Scott

My Swing Thread

4/19/18:

Day 384:

I started some work today on impact drills. Craig and I are really trying to maximize my abilities to hit the ball further. Especially with my irons. We're looking for me to have an average carry with the 7-iron in the 170s. So we're working on angle of attack. Trying to get it from 0.5° to about -4°. When you think about it, that's not much. We have my path where we want it, we have the first move down where we want it. We are now just fine tuning things to make my swing more efficient.

109 of 109 in 2018. I bet you guys thought I would miss a day. Damn snow.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

Day 76 - April 19, 2018 - Putting work while watching the LPGA play at Wilshire CC. Cool course. Michelle, c'mon man.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

4/19/18:

Day 384:

I started some work today on impact drills. Craig and I are really trying to maximize my abilities to hit the ball further. Especially with my irons. We're looking for me to have an average carry with the 7-iron in the 170s. So we're working on angle of attack. Trying to get it from 0.5° to about -4°. When you think about it, that's not much. We have my path where we want it, we have the first move down where we want it. We are now just fine tuning things to make my swing more efficient.

109 of 109 in 2018. I bet you guys thought I would miss a day. Damn snow.

We have a pool going. I have 643. :-P

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 15 of 17:

Half Hour of mirror work with long irons/hybrids. Slow specific swings working on elbow chasing belly button and turning through the shot. Sometimes I pull the club across trying to get to my belly button instead of letting the elbow lead and follow my torso as I turn through the shot. Also worked on ball position and posture. 

Day 110

Just more putting practice. All 5' footers.  

Using Using one ball, dropping the ball in the 5' +/- range, I needed to go through my whole putting routine. (Read, aim, alignment, and stroke) 

Doctor's appointment later today. Hoping to get permission to move on to a longer swing. I hit a couple of 9 irons yesterday with no issues. They were on the ugly side too. :~(

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

4/20/18:

Day 385:

A little impact work with my drills. Brush with the left stuff. Hit about 10 2-irons. (Yes 2-irons I pulled out my V-Blade 2-iron). It's a great club to see how your impact is, and if you're helping it in the air or not. And I'm not. I just am focusing on a swinging hit mainly. 

110 of 110 in 2018. I'm going for the entire year.

@boogielicious 643 would be Jan 3, 2019 by my math which is a Thursday. I'm trying to make this record nearly unbreakable. The longer I go the harder it'll be to break.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

4/20/18:

Day 385:

A little impact work with my drills. Brush with the left stuff. Hit about 10 2-irons. (Yes 2-irons I pulled out my V-Blade 2-iron). It's a great club to see how your impact is, and if you're helping it in the air or not. And I'm not. I just am focusing on a swinging hit mainly. 

110 of 110 in 2018. I'm going for the entire year.

@boogielicious 643 would be Jan 3, 2019 by my math which is a Thursday. I'm trying to make this record nearly unbreakable. The longer I go the harder it'll be to break.

My money is on you!

Day 25 - Went to the range today to look at ball flight with the swing changes. It was a waste of time. It was very windy, 20mph with gusts and either in our face or right to left. So a draw became a hook. The 7 iron did look higher, but the wind may have been doing that. I hope to play Sunday.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 77 - April 20, 2018 - Some full swings and putting work (invisible float loading).

DAY 151    Spent a little over an hour on the putting green working with the Putting Tutor to help me learn to hit the ball on line, and then 60 putts from the 6-12 foot range where I need most of my work to improve my scores and my Percent Make from the Pro Tour Golf College short putt assessment.   Then two plus hours on the range working on posture and positions.   And then a quick 9 holes.... finished with a birdie on the par 5 final hole.   Way to finish a productive day!!