IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

4/21/18:

Day 386:

About ten minutes with my 6-iron this morning, focusing on a swinging hit, as opposed to a hitting swing. Impact drills trying to get inline impact and weight forward.

111 for 111 in 2018. 254 days to go in the year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 152   Spent 30 minutes working with the Pelz Putting Tutor on getting the ball started on line for each putt.  Then spent 30 minutes hitting putts from 6, 9 and 12 feet -- focusing on make percentage.    Then went to the range for 2 1/2 hours doing drills.  Doing 8 balls and 3 sets with each of the following seven drills --  Step Drill, Pre-set In front Drill, Preset to the side drill, 4 o'clock Drill, Step 2 and Hit, Step 3 and Hit, and Step Through Drill. 

Day 111

Nothing but putting this day. Not really a good day of putting at that. My best efforts were just barely missing either side of the cup. 

Chalked it up to "just not my day" and left it at that. 

Good news is I can start pitching some balls on Monday. Limited to 20 balls, 3 days a week. It helps when your doctor also golfs. They know the itch. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 64 - long day of yard work. Just hit 15-20 balls into net with focus on steady head (no bobbing on downswing)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 78 - April 21, 2018 - Putted with the kids, and a little short game practice with the kids, before the tournament at Whispering Woods today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 16 of 18:

Cutting it close today, but got 5 minutes (at least) of mirror work in today. Same elbow work, though I am also making sure I rotate/slide my hips  to start my downswing because I have noticed one of miscues with this swing is leading with the right elbow, but not pushing forward enough and swiping across the ball. 

First week back at work broke the little streak I was on... Will try to do better this time!

Day 1: Spent an hour at the range working on partial wedges with grip change and tempo and launch angle with the driver using the Mevo. Successful day :-)

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4/22/18:

Day 387:

About ten minutes with my 6-iron this morning, focusing on a swinging hit, as opposed to a hitting swing. Impact drills trying to get inline impact and weight forward.

112 of 112 this year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 112 (?)

Did some cardio work today. A long 6 mile hike round trip. Hiked up to a mountain top. Hiking is also good for my legs. Need those for balance in the golf swing. When I reached my summit, I was breathing pretty good. 

With the warmer weather, I started my hydration process yesterday for today's hike. Took along a few bottles of water. 

I have also dusted off my copy of 'The Red Zone" which is a golf book with various short game training programs. Did this in preparation to getting back into the swing of things in golf game. I can start pitching shots tomorrow, on a limited basis.  With the extra body movements, hopefully I won't aggravate the pinched nerve in my shoulder/back areas. 

In My Bag:

Day 27 - Played nine today with my wife.  Driver was surprisingly good on 4/5 holes. Short game was good. Irons need work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 153    Spent 1 hour on the putting green ... first 20 minutes using the Pelz Putting Tutor to provide feedback on starting the putt on line, then 10 putts from 6, 9 and 12 feet working on make percentage.  Then a game of 21 from 25 feet working on distance control AND making putts -- this drill is in the book, "Make More Putts".  

Off to the range for 2 plus hours working on posture and downswing sequence... using the same drills as yesterday from the GGGA Motion Drills section of the workbook.  Also did Level 1 Protocols with the Super Speed System.  

Then played 15 holes in VERY WINDY conditions. ... how windy?  Well on the par 4 5th hole I usually hit a 5-6 iron as my shot into the green... today I hit a 5 wood and just made the front of the green...   on the par 5 13th hole, normally a 8 iron or less into the green as the third shot... today a 5 wood made it to pin high from only 145 out!!!   Scored well.. I was one over par when I completed 15, however, it was dinner time so I stopped.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 65 - played today. not awful, not good either

90 (diff 17.4): 12/14 FW, 6 GIR, 35 putts (2 three-putts, with 3 1-putts), 2 penalty strokes. Driver was strong, ball-striking was lacking

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 79 - April 22, 2018 - Hit a few balls while helping my college players before a tournament round today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 17 of 19:

Hit 25 putts ranging from 3ft to 5ft at one of those undersized golf holes. Mostly straight putts working on bead. Made 13 of 25 of them. 

Edited by HJJ003
Spelling

4/23/18:

Happy Birthday Bill Shakespeare:

Day 388.

Played 27 Holes... Shaking some winter rust off... It was hard taking my range swing to the course though.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 66:  worked on flighting LW-8i for controlled ball flight on approaches

-Jonny

DAY 154   Spent an hour on the putting green using the Pelz Putting Tutor to gain feedback on starting the putt on line, then hitting putts from 6, 9 and 12 feet. followed by a lag putting drill.   Then after warming up on the range, played 18 holes.... another WINDY day.  Can someone turn the fan down a click or two??

Day 113

Nothing fancy today. Started my full swing again after a several week lay off. 

Warmed up with some longer chip shots, using my putting stroke. 

After the warm up, I hit 20, 9 irons with an easy, full swing. Timing is way off, but I did hit a a few good ones. Lots of work to be done. 

Later tonight, or tomorrow morning will tell me some things. Hopefully their won't be any pain in the shoulder. 

In My Bag: