IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

4/26/18:

Day 391:

About ten minutes with my 6-iron this morning, focusing on a swinging hit, as opposed to a hitting swing. Impact drills trying to get inline impact and weight forward.

Considering we lost one of our daytime cooks on Monday night/Tuesday. I haven't had a day off this week yet. (and probably won't) Finding time to practice for five minutes has been rough.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 116 Thermometer reading 97* in the sun light. 

Just putting practice today. Same as always, using one ball, and 2 or less putts per pin. 

6 pins clockwise; 6 pins counter clockwise, and the last 6 pins clockwise again. 

Graded myself a B+. One pin location gave me fits, as it was cut on the shoulder. Just tough to get the ball close enough, to avoid it from rolling down hill, off the green, and stopping on the apron. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 69 - putting in the office, mostly 6ft for bead. Hit at the range earlier working on 120-150yd approaches.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

DAY 157   Spent 15 minutes on the range working on impact, then 15 minutes on the putting green working on distance control.   Then played 18 holes at Ocala National.   Obviously my pre-round warm-up and practice needs to change.  I shot 45-35 for an 80.   9 over on the first 8 holes and 1 under for the last 10.    So looking for inputs on a better warm-up routine.    

My work with Super Speed is helping with my distance as I had 5/13 drives over 230 yards... maxing out at 266!!

Day 30. - played nine with the league. Did some mirror work at the gym at lunch. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 83 - April 26, 2018 - Enough swings before/between lessons to account for at least five minutes. If I felt like it wasn't I'd put more time in while watching TV tonight, but it's easily my lightest day so far.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2
Played 9 holes this afternoon. Tried to keep things simple and deliberate. Goals are to grade my attempts honestly. 

Backswing: Slow Pace (Grade: "C+"), trying to keep the right hip against the chair when I turn (Grade "C", guessing a bit here)

Downswing: Medium Pace (Grade: "D"), downswing was super quick. It lead to a lot of thin shots and a few topped shots. I think I was dipping back and flipping (guessing, but history says yes). Also hit a handful of great shots. 

Pitching (Grade D), a bit scared to give pitch shots some speed. Ended up with some very weak results. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 21 of 23:

Was supposed to hit the range on my lunch break but I was in the same meeting at work from 8 to about 1pm. So instead it was another mirror day doing 5+ minutes of working on elbow chasing belly button and proper body rotation through the shot. 

Day 70 - putting in the office...mostly 6ft for bead.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 31 - Mirror work at the gym. Raining out, so no net work. Focusing still on my priority piece and I am really trying to slow it down. Tomorrow I will work on slow swings hitting into my net and film it. Still have a way to go.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 22 of 24:

Played 18 holes of "short game" golf. finished +11 for 18 holes. Essentially got up and down 39% of the time. I am getting very comfortable with my new pitching technique and feel like it could become a strength in my game (if a 20+ handicap can have a "strength"). 

Day 116 Thermometer reading 97* in the sun light. 

Just putting practice today. Same as always, using one ball, and 2 or less putts per pin. 

6 pins clockwise; 6 pins counter clockwise, and the last 6 pins clockwise again. 

Graded myself a B+. One pin location gave me fits, as it was cut on the shoulder. Just tough to get the ball close enough, to avoid it from rolling down hill, off the green, and stopping on the apron. 

In My Bag:

Day 117 I see my day 116 didn't post up correctly yesterday. Thought it did, looked like it did. 😩

After warming up, I hit 15, 7 woods, and 5, 3 woods. All off a tee. Focus was to swing longer clubs, without feeling any discomfort in my shoulder. So far, so good. 

Afterwards, I went to the 19th hole quinch my thirst.  🍺

In My Bag:

DAY 158    Started early with a lesson from my coach at the Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy.  Was given one drill to use for the next week to work on keeping my head more centered and a better release of the club.  Then spent 90 minutes hitting balls using the drill.  Home for lunch then off to play 9 holes. Struggled on a couple of holes with the small changes to my swing as a result of the lesson, but still hit 7 GIR... just could not make a putt. :-)  Looking forward to the coming week -- focusing on this drill.  Will be interesting to see how well I can do the drill and carry it over to my full swing.

Day 3

Worked on hip turn with a chair as a reference point. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 84 - April 27, 2018 - Played along with the kids hitting a few shots here and there working on things while they played with 4-irons or shorter from the back tees at Lawrence Park.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm in. Spent 15 minutes putting on the practice green at Oak Tree Golf Course, Ontario OH after work today (would have been longer but a brief thunderstorm chased me off). Specifically worked on lag putting from over 40ft. Goal was to have 2 out of 3 balls being automatic. I only succeeded in about half of the sets. Then it was on to baseball, which I coach. This achievement will be difficult for me due to my work and coaching schedule and I might not achieve it. But I'm going to try. If I do achieve it there will probably be a few "practiced mental game by holding a club and thinking positive thoughts about swing plane" type posts. Since this is golf, I won't fib to accomplish this. If I do it I'll post it.  If I don't I won't. Going to be tough with other commitments but I'm going to give her a try. If I don't make it prior to July, my busy season ends around then so I'm sure I can then. 

Day 1. 

4/27/18:

Day 392:

Played 18 holes today. Didn't really keep score. Don't do much of the score keeping anymore. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”