IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 190    Started with an hour's drive over to  the GGGA at Howey In The Hills for a lesson.  Focused on keeping my arms in front more throughout the swing and doing a better job of getting onto my left side.  Assigned 6 specific drills to work on to help with this issue.   Then spent an hour doing the drills before heading home.

Had lunch and then played 18 holes at Citrus Springs with a good friend. I hit a lot of good shots, but putts were not dropping, only made 1 birdie.  I like to play golf soon after a lesson to see how the ideas I am working on hold up.. did pretty well hitting 14 GIR.

IMG_20180529_102646495.jpg

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 115 - May 29, 2018 - Played 18 holes with Richard and @NatalieB. White tees, which were weird. Didn't have the right lines on some holes, and hit the wrong clubs. Plus the wind was out of the east, which is rare.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 27:

Tuesday’s are hard for me. 5 minutes of mirror work today. Hip turn (backswing) and started downswing with right elbow. 

Day 24: Full swing mirror work. Still working on my takeaway, but also trying to make sure my shoulders are continuing to be closed at address.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 150

Played 9 holes earlier today. Shot a 44. Just didn't have a good day. Had fun though. 1 par, and 8 bogies. 

Shot of the day was a putt. It was 20 footer, with two breaks. Broke left at first, then back right to the hole. 

I don't know how others treat this kind of putt, but for me I see it as two separate putts. I read green backwards from the hole to see the break points better. There are two. 

I hit the first putt,  and it curls to the start of the second (putt)  starting point. From that second starting, the ball curves towards the hole.

I came with in a whisker of making that snake of a putt. Close enough, I was hoping the wind would put the ball in the hole. It was maybe a club and half wind. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 191    Rained all day so far... cancelling my weekly Wednesday Golf Group outing.  So stuck indoors with my Impact Ball and shortened 5 iron.  Trying to keep my arms in front of me better on both the backswing and downswing.  Hope to at least get a few swings in the driveway with the Orange Whip when the weather clears on 5:30. 

Day 28:

woohoo!! 28 straight days of at least 5 minutes of practice! Woke up early this morning and did some full swing work for 15-20 minutes before headed in to work. Still struggling with pushes some, but worked on hip rotation and elbows in the downswing. 

Day 60, May 30 - mirror work at the gym at lunch, then net work for about 30 minutes. Focused on tempo. I seem to rush on the course and need to slow down. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 116 - May 30, 2018 - http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2189393 

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 25: hit the angle for about an hour and a half. Spent 40 minutes on full swing, and confirmed that my mirror feels are working. Backswing looking really good. Have to tackle downswing now!

Spent about 20 minuts pitching and chipping. Mostly working on distance control.

Spent the rest of my time putting. Doing a couple of drills. Took some video of my putting stroke to submit to evolvr and post here. Hopefully I can get some good feedback. 

-- Daniel

Day 151

Got in some range work with the longer clubs. Didn't  plan on it, but a guy gave me a 1/2 basket of balls he didn't use. He declined my offer to pay him. Nice guy. 

Worked with my 5W for the most part, both tee'd up, and off the turf. Focus was address position, aim, and balls landing near my intended targets. Worked with all my metal woods. (B)

After that, I went over to short game practice area. Got in some chipping, and pitching practice. Used various clubs, and various targets. Focus was on green reads, and correct landing areas. (B-)

Hit a few flop shots with various clubs. Open club face, with a 3/4 swing, using my 8I, PW, and LW.  Just checking distances with those clubs for future use as needed. (B+)

Finished up with some putting practice. Worked on lag putts, and no 3 putts. The "new" pin locations on the practice green are such that most longer putts, (5'+) have slopes to contend with.

Got an early start to beat the heat. We have triple digit heat on the way. This session lasted about 75 minutes. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 61, May 31 - Mirror work at the gym focusing on my lesson and tempo. I'm playing 9 with the league later today. I seem to get amped on the course and really rush my backswing and transition with bad results. When I slow down, things get better. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 29:

18 holes of short game golf. finished +18, with 4 up and downs (22% scrambling). Essentially If I hit 18 nGIRs I would shoot 90 (on par 72). Yuck. 

DAY 192    Worried I was not going to get in much practice today as I had to take my car in for routine maintenance....(well there were a couple serious issues)... ended up with a loaner for a few days.  SO I headed to the range for 90 minutes working through the 6 drills I was assigned on Tuesday... focusing on keeping my arms more in front of me and doing a better job of getting onto my left side earlier on the downswing.   Then played 9 holes.   I birdied the first two holes....  YEAH!!  Ended up 2 under par.  With a couple of nice up and downs.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/JuanTheGolfer/round/2190808

Starting Over, Day 1

Played 9 holes today. Hit the ball extremely well off the tee. No tee shot had much curve at all. 

Distance wedges were a struggle. Short game was good around the green, but mid to long range pitches were an issue. 

My full shots, I focused on slow backswing, slight pause, then turn right shoulder down at the ball. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 117 - May 31, 2018 - Practiced with one of my college players after helping him out. I have a video, but it's gross (well, it's way better than months ago, but not as good as a month ago, if you know what I mean). Then I practiced a bit with Nat after a storm.

Day 26: spent about an hour and a half at the range. Hit some balls, focusing on contact. Hit some drivers, doubling checking my launch angle (looking good!). Worked on hitting it at my target and it went pretty well. Also fooled around with some draws and fades just to have them in the bag if I need them. 

Also spent about 30 minutes putting, focusing on some feels for better contact. Seemed to work okay. 

-- Daniel

Day 30:

Early morning practice with my 4hybrid. Practiced hip turn in backswing and squaring the club face at impact. 20+ minutes. The practice started really well, but I got a little sloppy near the end of the session so it was time to shut it down. Really trying to get my ball to start on my intended line.