IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 161. Early, cool mornings at the golf course, is pretty darn relaxing. 

Was at the DR this morning with my full bag of clubs. Hit a basket of 80+/- balls. Warmed up with the ugly, well used looking balls. 

Focus was on alignment, and just hitting balls to my chosen landing areas. I made it a point to watch the ball flights.

I went through my bag, in a staggered sort of way, one club/ball at a time. Driver, LW, 3W, SW, 5W, AW, 7W, PW, 5I, 9I, 6I, 8I, and 7I. I hit each club 3 times in this manner. (B)

I took my time between each shot. I would walk to my bag, clean and replace the club with the next one. I'd look at each shot, step into my stance, and make my swing, which were all full swings. 

The last 20, or so swings were pitches, longer chips, and flop shots. The whole session took around 80 minutes.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 162. I see my day 161  was duplicated again. Probably my phone again.

Today I worked on sidehill, and uphill/down hill lies. 

Ball below my feet I want my shoulders to follow, level with the slope. My weight some what on the balls of my feet. Club sole follows slope. Ball position is a little more forward than normal. I also going to aim a little more left of my target.

Ball above my feet is basically the same, except I would aim a little more right of my target. 

Downhill lie, my shoulders match the slope. I take a shorter back swing for more control. Ball is back of normal just a little.  Ball is going to fly lower, so club selection for distance required is important. 

Uphill lie I grip down on the club a little more. Shoulders follow the slope. Ball is a little back of normal. Ball is going to fly higher, so club selection needs to be looked at for the required distance. 

Above is how I handle these shots. I am not implying these adjustments will work for everyone, and should be carved in stone. These are kind of a find your own way type shots. The main thing is, make sure the shoulder line follows what ever slope the ball is on.

It was a good session, (B-)

In My Bag:

Day 7

Worked on my short game. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 11.  I had a ten minute break during work from home today;  I worked on a mat, with a gap wedge, swinging and focusing on my right knee not straightening too quickly.  I hit both half and full swings, no ball.  But my swing net did ship today, so maybe next week I'll do this drill and hit a ball in the process without flinching!

I also did the driver/medicine ball drill (and some squats with a medicine ball).

I have noticed some days I have a little practice and other days I have fuller practices, not surprisingly;  I'm glad to have the extra motivation to do the minor practices, as I'm sure they help.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

DAY 202    Spent an hour on the range working through my 6 drills and then played 9 holes.  Nothing really exciting happening, just work , work, work... get better.

Day 2:

10 minutes of putting practice, focused on distance control.  Mostly rolled 10-foot putts to try to get some sort of a "baseline".

- John

• Administrator

Day 128 - June 11, 2018 - Went to the range later to help Natalie with her swing (it's fine but slipping) and worked on my own game for 15-20 minutes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 11 part 2 went to the range this evening;  same long game focus as last session (back knee in A1-A3;  the "punch shot" drill too) for one bucket (40 balls, mats, outdoors), a little over an hour.  I then spent about 30 minutes on the putting green, various 6-10 footers. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 2: Spent 30 mins in the short game area hitting 5-20m pitches. Had a lesson on this a couple of months ago but haven't really had a chance to ingrain it. Re-watched lesson summary and then tried to execute. Hit a number of shots fat/thin (old issue) before first realising I had too much shaft lean at impact and that I was swinging massively from out to in. Sorted these issues out and it started to rain so came home.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Day 73, June 12 - Playing 18 today. This is the 4th round in 6 days and the body is holding up pretty good.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 163.....out early due to the current heat wave traveling through the area.

Spent the morning with a small basket of balls, and my metal woods (D, 3, 5, & 7) Focus was on an easy swing tempo, and staying in balance. Alignment, and aim we're also important, as I wanted the balls to land in areas near my target pin.(B-)

I also hit a few balls "off the deck" with my driver just for the heck of it. I have hit worse shots with other clubs, but my "DOTD" effort can use some work (C-)

After the DR, I went, and played my one ball, 18 pin, practice putting round. Played the 6 pins, clockwise, counter clockwise wise, and the last 6 we're just pick a longer longer pin location. First 12 initial putts we're in the 10-15 foot range. The last 6 we're in the 20-30 foot range. I did well, with no three putts. (A)

In My Bag:

• Administrator

Day 129 - June 12, 2018 - Hit balls on the range. Got into a good rhythm, lost it, and worked to get it back again. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 41: 

Short Game 18. Actually pitched the ball quite well and had 5 pars, but had probably 10 opportunities inside 10 feet and only converted half. Had some bad random lies that cost me quite a few doubles as well. Those "loose" dirt type lies kill me. Then hit sand shots from the green side practice bunker. I usually can only hit 5-6 out of the bunker in a row before a mistake. Playing 18 tomorrow at a course with a good amount of bunkers. I may need to avoid even them when I dont have a bail out option (lay up short). 

DAY 203   Almost forgot to enter the information today!!!   Spent 1 hour on the range at my course, going through my 6 drills focusing on keeping the club more in front of me and my head quieter.    Then drove to Citrus Spring GC to play 18 with a buddy.   I was 3 over par.... leaving at least 6 putts short (the greens are slower than where I normally play and I did not adapt well).  I hit 14 GIR so it was a solid ball striking day!!   #hardworkpayingoff

Day 12.  Hit balls on the range, same focus as before.  Got video.  Spent another 30 minutes putting, primarily inside 10'. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 74, June 13 - Off day today. Just some shoulder turn work and stretching. Pulled a groin muscle yesterday on the 9th. They watered just before we got there and I slipped on the downswing. :mad:

I will need to rest it for a few days, so only light work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 163.....out early due to the current heat wave traveling through the area.

Spent the morning with a small basket of balls, and my metal woods (D, 3, 5, & 7) Focus was on an easy swing tempo, and staying in balance. Alignment, and aim we're also important, as I wanted the balls to land in areas near my target pin.(B-)

I also hit a few balls "off the deck" with my driver just for the heck of it. I have hit worse shots with other clubs, but my "DOTD" effort can use some work (C-)

After the DR, I went, and played my one ball, 18 pin, practice putting round. Played the 6 pins, clockwise, counter clockwise wise, and the last 6 we're just pick a longer longer pin location. First 12 initial putts we're in the 10-15 foot range. The last 6 we're in the 20-30 foot range. I did well, with no three putts. (A)

In My Bag:

DAY 204   Rise and Grind!!  Out at 7 am. Spent 75 minutes working on my wedge game from 10-30 yards.   Spent 75% on technique and 25% on target.   This is the weakest part of my game at this time.... so the goal is to get a lot better this month.  Then spent 75 minutes on the range working through my 6 drills to help me keep the club more in front during the swing and the head more quiet.   Home to shower... with the Feels like in the 90s and humidity in the 80s... it was swing, sweat and wipe dry.