IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

26/1/18 - 5 minutes rolling putts with the left shoulder high feel and working on tempo. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 26  January 26     Spent a little more than an hour on the putting green, completing Day 8 of the 50 days for the 10,000 putt challenge.  Today I made 100 putts from both 3 and 6 feet.  Then headed over to the range and used only 4 drills to hit 160 balls..   The drills were right arm only, left arm only, feet together and right foot back... working on staying in posture, and turning instead of swaying.   Will see if this helps tomorrow morning when I play in the weekly 9 hole scramble!

1/26/18:

More work with my path drill with the soda bottles today. Mostly 9-irons, but swung a few 7 and 5 irons today. This drill sounds like a broken record. But it is helping me, a lot. Come on nice weather, get here. #UpstateNY in January.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 26

Ten minutes on 3-6 foot putts.

Today worked on  aim and consistent address for consistent strike.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

27/1/18 - Half an hour on the mat this morning, checking shoulders are level in the mirror and working on tempo to improve distance control. Really happy to see it improving this much - just the one slight shove, but quick back and slow through feel is seeing tempo really improve.

B9AF4B25-DF9A-4AA5-B9BC-49FD4426D6EF.jpeg

Edited by b101

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

5 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Focusing on the whip motion after A6.

Going to the driving range and course after my morning walk with my wife through our neighborhood. Awk, starting to do old people stuff, not that Golf isn’t... :-P 

• Like 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 27

Had a chance to practice shots from uneven lies this morning. Up hill, down hill, and both above, and below my feet side hill lies. 

Focus was on body, aim, and ball adjustments for which ever shot I was working with. Also watching what the ball will do from those lies. Helps with club selection too. 

I don't like surprises, due to bad lies when golfing, and is why I practice with poor conditions from time to time. If I don't know how to handle a poor lie, it's probably going to cost me more than an extra stroke. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 27 January 27.   Played in a weekly 9 hole scramble for the third time ... and our team won with a score of 28.  We were 8 under par.  I am always the last person to putt on our team -- and all my putting practice paid off as I made a couple of putts one for a birdie the other an eagle!!  Just got in from spending time on the putting green continuing the 10,000 putt challenge.  Today I made 100 putts from 3 and 5 feet.  I chose locations that had 3-4% amount of breaks to challenge myself, as straight putts are boring.    About to spend time at home working with the Momentus Strength Trainer and Impact Ball to continue to build strength and rotate into my right side.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

1/27/18:

Day 301.

More work with my path drill with the soda bottles today. Hit a 10 5-irons into the net, followed by 10 7-irons, followed by 10 pitching wedge shots. I missed the bottles every time. 30 shots, not doing too bad with this drill.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 27

Fifteen minutes putting 3-6 foot putts. This is going good in general but struggling a bit to settle on ball position in stance.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

28/1/18 - Made it to the course and spent a bit of time pitching and putting, played 9 (not brilliant, not abysmal) and had a decent range session. Now back home looking over the video - the latest evolvr piece that I tried to take to the course is definitely showing some changes, so I'm doing something right, but I've got a lot of work to do to make those changes look like the picture Preston and I want to see!

www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1994518

DAY 28

A few minutes on driver alignment/ball position

Fifteen minutes putting 3-6 foot putts. Working on bead and stroke, and ball position and address. For most of my golf life, I have tended toward feet slightly open and shoulders square. I am experimenting with feet a little more square and ball back just a little, like left heel rather than left toe or instep.

28 days, only missed one.

Don

In the bag:

10 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Focusing on the whip motion after A6.

Went to my home town’s driving range yesterday. Getting slightly better results with my strikes. Starting to hit the ball clean again. Still getting used to the new setup, I don’t know why I my setup seems to drift forward? I’ve been through this many times already.

Hit really close to the “150” sign 3 times in a row with my 8i. Working on accuracy by reducing my swing effort. Same distances, less effort and less dispersion. Too bad my driver is still all over the place.

My Mevo didn’t work because the stalls are so close together I kept picking up other peoples swings, plus it doesn’t get left right dispersion anyway. Xi+ might be in my future? Arrgh, the Mevo gives you enough of a taste into Launch monitors that you want more data. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 28.

Did some chipping practice this morning. Using different clubs, my focus was on hitting a chosen landing area. 

I like landing my chips +/- 2' on the green. Sometimes when I can't putt,  on shorter chips, my landing area might be less than a foot on the green. I might even do a mini flop/chip shop as needed . 

I just lay some shop rags on the ground, and practice landing the ball on them from various distances. The various clubs I use, will take care of the roll out needed after landing. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 28   Put in a couple of hours on the range, working with 4 drills, which focus on me keeping in my posture through the swing, turning into my right side on the backswing and releasing the club.   Solid session.   Then off to the putting green to continue on the 10,000 putt challenge.  Today I made 100 putts from both 2 and 4 feet.   Lots of time left in the day to sneak in some more practice, which will have to be indoors as it has begun raining!!

1/28/18:

Day 302:

More work with my path drill with the soda bottles today. Swung some 3-irons for about 7 minutes. 15 swings or so, didn't hit the soda bottles once.

Just as a side note: My instructor has me swinging at about 75% my contact has been incredible since we've made this switch.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

7 hours ago, Lihu said:10 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Focusing on the whip motion after A6.

Went to my home town’s driving range yesterday. Getting slightly better results with my strikes. Starting to hit the ball clean again. Still getting used to the new setup, I don’t know why I my setup seems to drift forward? I’ve been through this many times already.

Hit really close to the “150” sign 3 times in a row with my 8i. Working on accuracy by reducing my swing effort. Same distances, less effort and less dispersion. Too bad my driver is still all over the place.

My Mevo didn’t work because the stalls are so close together I kept picking up other peoples swings, plus it doesn’t get left right dispersion anyway. Xi+ might be in my future? Arrgh, the Mevo gives you enough of a taste into Launch monitors that you want more data. :-P

Hit the driving range with a retired from long drive friend of mine.

I hit one drive out of these, where’s “Waldo” :-D

DA0A9F1D-7F1E-4837-AB73-683DC47BB4DA.thumb.png.36e255fc50bec3aea4e4fd089ff5bc48.png

To be honest, I’m pretty sure he hit a couple over the pond behind the fairway past the back driving range fence. I could see a few people scattering on the 11th hole about where his ball would have landed. He was definitely over the 300 yard carries reported. He told me when he was young and a long drive competitor he could hit over 400 yards.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

21 hours ago, Lihu said:

10 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Focusing on the whip motion after A6.

25 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Focusing on the whip motion after A6.

Using assorted training aids I’ve bought or made. 5 reps each. The large fan seems to put emphasis too far back and the speed sticks lose their resistance at the critical point of impact. My new club simulator model seems to give resistance where needed, but I’m working on a new design that will hopefully make it even better.

Cobbling together a LM with the identical sensor used in Mevo to build a hybrid SS radar and Mevo-like device. Thinking of putting in multiple sensors for full launch capability. Going to take a while to build in my spare time. I’ll start posting in another thread to report the progress.

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56