IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 10 1 miss

I did contact drills today.  would do the drill till i was happy with the result, then I wuld do a full swing. If i had good contact do another swing, if not back to the drill.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 203 - August 25, 2018 - Hit some practice trouble shots (big hooks, low punches, etc.) while focusing on solid contact. Skill that comes in handy more often than you might think.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 82.  Indoor, real balls, into a net, off a mat.  However many balls I have in that collection area, I think it's about 40.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 238

Just some ptting practice this morning. Same routine, except I went to the other course that is nearby. Their green fees are a little higher, so there is less weekend humanity to deal with. Plus I am not that familiar with there practice greens, which calls for more focus on my reads. 

Focus was on reads, alignment, and back stroke length for the distances involved. Went counter clockwise , clockwise, and mixing up my targets. Used 8 practice pins, and just one ball.

Par was 48, and I had 50 putts. Had 6 three putts, and 4 one putts. 4 of the three putts we're on one pin that was cut on a shoulder of the green. First putts ranged from 8' to 25' +/- feet. (C+)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 48

Worked a bit with 4 hybrid off of Matt then worked same off real grass.  Confirmed my recent troubles due to placement of ball off left foot and a need to keep my head down.  Result: much better loft and distance.  Happy with few right turns off of hit.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 277   Rise and Grind.... spent four hours going through chipping drills and tests around the putting green,  There are 7 drills and 3 tests, cycled through them 4 times... and finished with chips to a hole 15 feet from the edge of the green and another  35 feet from the edge of the green.  Hit a total of 46 chips and holed 4.   Now resting and reading the latest issues of Golf Digest and Golf Magazine..

Day 39:

15-20 minutes of full swing work in the yard. Working on my OTT move. Feels are good, just not getting the club face to the ball very well. 

• Administrator

Day 204 - August 26, 2018 - Hit a few putts and short shots with some wedges while the kids were completing their final tryout day.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 83.  Two dozen pitches, gap wedge, off mat into net at home. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 239

Hit a bunch of 100+/- yard shots this morning. Focus was on accuracy to a pin down range. Used my preshot routine on most shots. 

A good practice session in really comfortable weather. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 69, August 27

worked on partial wedges using my MEVO to get distances in to my net. I had some frustration with hitting but not getting a read. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 278   Continued to focus on chipping...spent almost 4 hours around the green including a short coaching session from my coach.  Making progress, though slower than I would like. :-)   Decided to continue the #EvenParChallenge by playing all the different tees at my club.  So started today at the front tees -- and will be playing 9 holes from each. I had a couple of birdies, BUT, did not pay attention on the par 5 third hole and drove the ball through the fairway and into the pond resulting in a double bogey.  The hole is a dogleg right, so I usually hit over the trees on the corner... and end up with nice position in the middle of the fairway.  Today, that driver was WAY TOO LONG for this hole.  I learned the hard way -- on the scorecard.  I still ended up being even par for nine.

• Administrator

Day 205 - August 27, 2018 - Hit balls downtown before/between/after some lessons. Grand total of about 20 minutes. Started to feel better about things. Really regretting the two injuries I had earlier in the year just as things were starting to bake in a little. Oh well.

Day 49

Today and tomorrow will be limited to what I can do during breaks in the election, as for the 15th time I am a precinct inspector.  Today is only a half day to set up the polling station.  So I was able to get in 25 minutes of tee shots and 8i shots.  Direction good, no real worm burners.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 40: 

20 minutes or so of hitting foam balls working on set up position and distance from the golf ball prior to swing, and then my actual swing thought was focused on soft body contact with right arm through backswing and downswing. First day I have hit balls that well in awhile. Obviously it was foam balls so all I could really tell was contact, but things felt a lot better than in the last few weeks. Hopefully early signs that I am starting to get comfortable without the OTT move again. 

Day 27.

Took a look at the video I took yesterday and compared it to Robert Rock's swing and realized that it keeping a flat left wrist wasn't really the culprit in my going back too far and crossing the line at the top of my back swing.  Rather, it was my failure to cup my right wrist at the top like Robert does.

So, I did mirror work focusing on cupping my right wrist at the top.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf: