IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Patch said:

Day 31.

Do you just not want the badge? :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

53 minutes ago, iacas said:

Do you just not want the badge? :-)

Not to sound ungrateful, but I only did this just to be doing it. I do something with a golf almost every day as it is. At one time I already had the 5 minute badge. . It disapeared after a while. Maybe someone can use my last 31 days to their advantage for their own improvement.  

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

It used to be monthly.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3 - 

1/31/17

had a lesson today.   working on transferring weight better.  As I have been working on making a better turn, my weight has stopped transferring.  Hips and shoulders turn much more, but weight stays on lead foot, for whatever reason.   trying to make a good turn and get the weight back.   did not go well.  will have to work hard on this, i believe. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

31/1/18 - Busy day, but squeezed in my 5 minutes of mirror work before bed, really contrasting the old backswing hip turn with the newer one and having the 'ideal' finish position on the laptop screen next to the mirror massively helps. Subtly different feels, but the feel of the left knee working down and my right side swaying slightly away from the target is creating a much better coil and consequently making it easier to keep my left arm straighter at A4. Looking forward to taking it to the range tomorrow.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1/31/18:

Day 306:

I actually took a day off from the path drill. Instead I did some chipping practice, and pitching practice indoors today. Mostly just trying to work on a shorter backswing and accelerate through just trying to get this motion down.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

(edited)
16 hours ago, iacas said:

It used to be monthly.

Is it not monthly now?

2/01 - getting back into the swing of things ;-):

wall drills, 5lb kettle bell swings for balanced, forward weight shift while focusing on centered turn (10mins)

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Is it not monthly now?

See the OP. I made it an ongoing thing. Complete 26 out of 28, and you're "on the streak."

On 1/31/2018 at 6:38 AM, Lihu said:

20 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Focusing on the whip motion after A6.

Did slow motion turns to Check arm positions. My head seemed to be dipping down at impact on a couple videos my partner took. Doesn’t normally dip in front of mirror. Will try some attempts at “aggressive” swings to do if it happens then.

10 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Focusing on the whip motion after A6.

Foam roller and ball massage work according to this speed workout I’m starting.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 4:

2/1/18

Spent about 20 min working on putting this morning on the putting mat at home.   Heavy focus on posture and setup.   I hit 100 putts, taking the time to back off and get re-set between each one.   
Probably going to get some swings in later as well..  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

1/2/18 - Had a 45 minute range session and I'm definitely further away from this left knee piece than I thought. A couple of really nice swings toward the end but the good feel that I thought I had in front of the mirror is evidently not what I need with a ball in front of me - lots of swaying! Will review video tonight and go again. I was really frustrated when I left the range, but I think it is getting there, just need to be more patient with what I'm trying to accomplish...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

4 hours ago, iacas said:

See the OP. I made it an ongoing thing. Complete 26 out of 28, and you're "on the streak."

2/1/18:

That must mean I'm "on the super streak"

Day 307:

Had a lesson today with my instructor and he's very impressed with my ability to complete both path drills. So today we started some first move down drills, just to make sure I'm dropping the club "in the slot". With this and the path drills, we're trying to "unlock" some of the effortless power I had when I was younger. On the launch monitor, which I understand is just guessing, however... My smash factor is up. Prior to the lessons 145 mph ball speed was about all I could expect. (My average clubhead speed was around 104-106). Now, my ball speed is in the mid 150s on average. My instructor thinks I can get to 110+ mph clubhead speed with work. My next lesson will be an outdoor one (weather permitting) in April. So for now, I'm continuing with the drills. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 1 of February    Spent 2 1/2 hours on the range doing the Motion Drills from my Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy workbook.  The drills are designed to improve my motion of swinging the club.   Drills include hitting balls with Feet Together, Feet Apart, Split Grip, Right Leg Back, Finger Down the Shaft,   ....

Day 32. Sorry, i don' t have red available

Simple swing drill that helps with weight shift , and a proper divot location.

Out of my address position, I move my lead foot back to my rear foot, almost touching. From there as I start my down swing, I step forward with lead foot. This shifts my weight forward, and moves the low point of my swing forward. I continue this swing into my follow through, and step through with my rear  foot.

10 reps, and then hit a ball from my normal stance. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Patch said:

Day 32. Sorry, i don' t have red available

Everyone does. It's in the "A" menu.

Day 1

Just got back from a 3 week vacation without touching my clubs. Starting from scratch and working my way up again. Feels weird and unnatural right now.

Putted in living room.  Practiced 5,6,7,8,9,10 feet  make 20 and moved on. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Day 32

20 minutes putting 3-6 foot putts.

Working on setup and stroke. I am seeing good progress. I think I only had two today that would have been outside a real hole out of a bunch of putts.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1