IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Played around with a Ping G5 12º driver.  Without changing ANYTHING in my driver stroke, I was hitting about 220-235 with only a very slight fade.  Wow.  So the 10 minutes I planned on hitting ended up as 30 minutes.  Lots of fun!!!

images.png

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 9: Mirror work again today. Think I’ve got a good feel for what I want in the backswing. Going to the range tomorrow to see what it looks like. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 43.  Focused well and hit a dozen great 8-iron shots.  Nothing like a well flushed iron after a long day of work.  Indoors, on mat, into net, real balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 10: Went to the range and hit some balls. Took a look at my swing on camera - not what I was hoping for. That's okay though. Still know what I need to work on.

-- Daniel

DAY 331    Another couple plus hours on the range working on keeping my head from swaying backwards on the backswing and getting more over the ball at impact position.  Maybe someday I will get it....  until then I will keep practicing.  :-)

Day 293

Was going to play today, but they are expecting poor weather in the area, so I decided on a basket of range balls. 

Went through most of my bag. Focus was on landing the ball as near as possible to my targets. Used my preshot routine on just about every shot. That being club selection, alignment, stepping into my stance, while keeping the club face square to my intermediate spot on my target line. Started all my full swings with a one piece take away.

I was happy with most of my shots, especially the shorter ones. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 102

Worked on the extremes today.  Started out with 20 shots each on 50º and 56º wedges.  While both ended with good shots each, the warm up 5 for each was rather mediocre.  Same for the 12º Ping driver.  Over all I. was happy but it too a few balls in before I was happy.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 259 - October 20, 2018 - Putting work in the living room while watching some TV. Or, really, "listening" to the TV a bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 36:

Played 18 today. Haven’t really practiced the feel I tried inenting today, but it worked a lot. Didn’t play well but I didn’t expect to. Just glad to be making solid contact again. 

Day 44.  Phew, I really cut it close, but I got home at 11:40 pm and was able to spend ten minutes in my practice room (indoors, real balls, into a net, off a mat).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 294

Work on my shot trejectories this morning, as a prelude to playing later today. Weather permitting. I noticed I was becoming complacent in how I was hitting chips, pitches, and longer approach shots. I was basically hitting the same lower trejectory on all shots. On some of those (non flop) shots I would have been better off hitting higher shots.

Complacency has ruined many scores for golfers. I am no different. It happens with out notice. 

Simple routine of just reminding myself to assess the shot at hand, and on ball placement in my stance. Ball forward, creates a higher shot. Ball in the middle is not as high. Ball back in my stance creates the lower trejectory of the three. Also, if I open the club face, I will send the ball higher, and just the opposite if I close the club face. Regardless of what I do with the the clubface, it is always aimed aimed, square to my target. A target that may, or may not be the pin.

After my trejectory practice, I spent a little time on my own, old school version of a bump and run shot. There was a mound available, where I could hit the ball  into the up slope of the mound, and "bump" it over the top of that mound, where the ball would "run" out after the bump. I might use this shot on a raised green, if my flop shot was some what "iffy".

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 260 - October 21, 2018 - 6-iron swings downtown while DD prepped for the state championships. We leave this evening for York.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 12, October 21

Played 18 today. 45F 20-30 mph winds with gusts to 40! Played alone. There were only 4 cars in the lot. 😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 332  Lazy day.... the "old" body needed a rest.   So I worked indoors and on my patio today... swinging my Orange Whip, and Impact Snap, and lots of turning drills.   Well maybe I just did not want to go out again in the 90 degrees plus heat.... it is wearing.

Day 103:

Very Very windy. While impact was very solid, I had to spend a lot of time woking on countering the wind, or figure out how to use it to my advantage. Actually it was a lot of fun.

Day 45.  You know, for a semester where I've barely played golf (two months into the semester), I sure am practicing a lot, thanks to this challenge.  I hit a dozen balls s-l-o-w-l-y, something I realize I haven't been great at.  11/12 came out excellent.  Indoors, off mat, into net, real balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

-- Daniel