IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 114

As I planned yesterday, my 1/2 hour of practice today focused on puts from 6'.  I was working on finishing the putts either in the cup or a tap in.  To many shots in my round yesterday were not as accurate in terms of speed.  This required me to concentrate a lot more; but also not overthink. Tomorrow I will putt some more, but first stroke will be from off the green 10-15' so I can practice those short chips without seconds guessing. I simply got too caught up in tee shots and a long second shot and I did not even do 15% of my practice on my putting skills last week.  As I near the end of this year I want to fee solid improvement in my total game.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 306

Spent about 30 minutes hitting short pitch shots with my SW. 

Focus was on ball position, alignment, and dropping balls on, or near my targeted landing area. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 345    Got a couple of hours of practice in today.    Warmed up and then used the JetStick which is a training aid designed to help you learn to increase your swing speed through the ball.  I will be doing this everyday for the next 10 days then 3 times a week after that.   Then continued to work on my backswing -- keeping my head steady and rotating versus swaying.  Then worked on my impact position for a while before the sprinklers came on!!! :-(     So headed over to the putting green working on 3 footers... however, my I could not get focused..... so finally I just gave up.  Not good, but too many other things on my mind.  :-(

• Administrator

Day 263 - November 3, 2018 - Completed my workout. For the first few weeks I'm mostly going to do the workout while doing some chipping and putting or slow motion stuff. My arms and legs will have days they feel a bit jelly-like, after all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 23: Mirror work again today. Working on that shallowing feel.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 115

Worked with only my 5i, 5h, and a bit with my driver 3 rounds of 10 swaks with each clubs.  First round was as expected, inconsistent, some real stinkers, and some really fine shots.  Each round got better and by the time I finished, each club did almost what I expected.  The 5i and 5h had first 2 roads only off the turf and in the last round the 5h hit all of its shots off the tee.  Had a bit of some hooking problems got  with the driver.  I corrected a bit with resetting my hands on the grip.  Still got s soft off line even at the end.  My check list seemed all checked off, but I still was more than a little bit off line at the end. My ball speed did increase quite a bit as I went through each round but rarely went over 110. So we will see what these clubs give to me in tomorrows DR session.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 57.  Halftime of CFB, did some putting (carpet, metal ruler, real balls, real putter).  Spent a little more time on each putt than I normally do with the ruler drill.  At one point, I managed 11 in a row straight before slightly pushing one.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 307

Time change is messing with me. lol

Chipping, and putting practice this morning. Same as usual. After warming up, using one ball, I chip towards a practice pin, then putt the ball as needed. 

This, on a new to me practice green.

I chip from various areas, and distances off the green. Usually to various pins if available. 

Focus is on green reads for both chips, and putts. Then hitting my chosen line.

A good chip is a hole out, or when the ball stops close enough to the pin for a one putt. Two putts are acceptable. Three putts are a failure on my part, usually caused by poor reads, or complacency. 

In My Bag:

DAY 346   Spent about 2 1/2 hours practicing today.  The first 1 1/2 hours included using the JetStick to work on improved swing speed.  Then drills to help with Key #1  Steady Head and Key #2 Weight Forward. Also lots of swings with the Orange Whip to help improve range of motion and improve tempo.   Then over to the putting green... worked on a Distance Drill.   Twenty in a row within 3 feet of the hole from 20 feet, then 30 feet and finally 45 feet.  You have to make 20 in a row to move to the further distance.  Using a full pre-shot routine with each putt.  A little more focused today, so putting was better :-)

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 30, November 4

Net work after raking leaves for two hours. Pretty stiff back so I just focused on slow swings with low hands and pitch elbow at A6.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 51:

spent 5-10 minutes outside doing some full swing work. Hard rain last night so it was wet. Hit a few foam balls, but mainly did some mirror work on some positions and feels. 

• Administrator

Day 264 - November 4, 2018 - Full swings in a mirror focusing on A3/A4 and the transition.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 58.  Another putting practice on carpet with a ruler.  Still pushing.  May have time to practice outdoors in this upcoming week. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 116

A frustrating day turned into a fairly good one.

One of my DR regular pals noticed a bit of a hitch in the turn of my hips that I could not sense.  The end result was a swing that came way too much from the top and out of balance, ending up wit a lot of mishits and topped balls.  She suggested that part of it may have been coming from over thinking and then tensing up to try too hard to correct what I have been doing.

He helped me develop a repeatable checklist before every swing, from eyeing up the direction, grip, check of balance address and swing.  We got it down to about a 12-15 second process.  I ended up trusting my self a LOT more and ended up hitting my 3h 140 years and eliminated a slice which was rearing its ugly head.

It is amazing that we know so much of what we should do but trust what we do so little.

I ended up hitting about 100 swings with about 70% ending up good.

Day 24: Mirror work again, working on that shallowing feel.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 31, November 5

Mirror work at the gym focusing on lower hands at A6 with my right elbow down and in front of my torso, hip rotated. I am working on this feel to get in better position at A6 and subsequently, A7.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 308

Played 18 holes earlier today. Same course as a couple days ago. I broke 90 with an 88, but it wasn't pretty. This course is not that tough. 

Just didn have it today. No worries, as there is always another 18 holes to apply my efforts to. . 

In My Bag: