IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 77: Back to the mirror work grind again! Still working on that soft wrists feel in transition. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 362

With the cold front and wind keeping this morning's temp some where around freezing, (or below) it was just some indoor, carpet putting for me.  

34 degrees, with a 25 +/- mph north wind makes being out of doors pretty uncomfortable for me. Weather guy said yesterday's high temp was the lowest recorded in our area since February, 2018. 

Actually I should call this practice routine  "dime putting" since my focus was on rolling the ball over a dime 18+\- inches in front of the ball. This simulates hitting a straight putt. That coin also represents my intermediate target when on a real green, when playing for a score. 

It has always been my belief that all putts are straight putts to a point on the green, that is not necessarily the cup.. That after hitting that straight putt, the green's even, or uneven surface, and gravity takes over, and leads that straight hit ball to the cup. Or, sometimes away from the cup due to the golfer's poor read of the green. 

Most likely when it warms up later today I will cruise on over to the short game area for some more practice.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 84, December 29

Shoulder turn work and stretching.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 13:

20 minutes of practice in my garage. 15 minutes working on full swing shallowing. I like what I am seeing so far. It is starting to get more comfortable and I can pick up speed a little and maintain the shallow feel. Only using 9 iron and below so far. Spent the last 5 minutes or so hitting chips with my 9 iron to various landing spots in the garage. 

DAY 399    Spent about 90 minutes on the putting green.  I started with a 100 putt assessment.  Setting up a three foot circle around the hole, I hit 10 putts from each of 15,16, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36, 39 and 42 feet.  The goal is to get each putt within the 3 foot circle.  Out of these 100 attempts, I got 99 in the circle.  I missed on from 42 feet.  This assessment is one of several from the Elite Golfer Improvement System from ProTour Golf College that covers all parts of your game.   After completing the assessment, it offers guidance on how to develop your daily practice plans so over time you can be sure to improve those areas where you are weakest.  Tomorrow or Monday I will do the Short Putt Assessment which involves 160 attempts from 3, 6, 9, and 12 feet.  In this case you track the number of putts made.

Then I moved over to the chipping/pitching area, where I worked for over two hours on my short wedge technique as well as my chipping.

Day 78: Not doing anything different today. Still doing mirror work on that soft wrist feel in transition. Hoping to get to the range tomorrow to see how it's looking on video.

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 319 - December 29, 2018 - Spent time feeling the right elbow piece I feel is important. It was a big thing last year, and I'm reminded of that now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 167

Getting ready to drive to my brother's place, today I found myself limited to 15 minutes with the orange wonder followed  by some time gripping and re gripping a 6i.  could myself getting to the point of a somewhat strong grip and good placement of my right hand.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 363

Target golf at the driving range this morning, while using most of clubs. 

From my hitting station, I would select a different flag to hit to. Idea was to fly the ball towards the the targeted flag with as little disperion as possible. 

Doing this meant I had to use my preshot routine after every shot. The routine started with my club selection, and ended with the start of my one piece take away. 

Some balls were hit off a tee. Others were hit off the turf. 

It was a good session. 

In My Bag:

DAY 400   Made another milestone.   As mentioned in yesterday's thread, I was out this morning to do the Short Putt Assessment part of the Elite Golf Improvement System by ProTour Golf College.  I set up tees in a North-South- East-West configuration at three feet around the hole, and then hit 10 putts from each location, then did the same thing at 6, 9 and 12 feet.   My results were as follows: 3 feet: 100%. 6 feet: 80% 9 feet: 55% and 12 feet: 37.5%   The goal was 100/80/60 and 40 percents.   So as I know, I still need work to do on the 9 and 12 footers.

Tomorrow I will probably do the 120 ball Chip/Pitch/Bunker Assessment.   There are four areas to assess in the Preparation Phase on the Program.   So tomorrow Phase 2.

Day 85, December 30

Putting and some easy swings today. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 79: Didn't get to the range today, unfortunately. So I'm back on the mirror work today. Still working on that softening feel in transition, trying to get that feel a little past transition as well.

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 320 - December 30, 2018 - Good work with the elbow today. 20-25 minutes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 168:  on the way to m brother's, about 3.5 hours away, we made 3 rest stops.  At each one I spent 15 minutes with the orange device.  When we arrived, I sent time with my 6i to make sure I was gripping the club correctly.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 364

18 holes of par 36 putting practice this morning. 

Focuses were on reads, and stroking the ball over my intermediate target about 18" inches in front of the ball. 

Played 6 pins clockwise, 6 pins counter clockwise, with the last 6 being a mix/match of longer putts, in various directions, across the green. All initial putts were at least 12 feet from the cup. 

Had 4 three putts, that were offset by 5 one putts, so I finished under my putting par. 

In My Bag:

Day 26.  Played 18 this morning.  We were 1st two off the tee at just before 7am.  Shot 86 with a quad and a double.  Hit 9 fairways but only 1 GIR all day.  27 total putts, no 3 bangers.  Easily could have shot 5 or 6 strokes better if my 8 and 9 iron shots could have been better.  

DAY 401   And the last day of 2018.   Wishing all on this board a Happy New Year and may it be filled with good health, tremendous happiness, and lots of success... AND lots of low scores.

Got out by 9 and home by 2 ... so a long day.  Started my day on the putting green -- 30 minutes with the Pelz Putting Tutor to get feedback and train on starting the putt on line.  Then I did 40 putts from 12 feet, with 10 from each of NSEW positions around the hole.  I made 14 or 35%   Starting with 30 minutes of technique improvement and then 30 minutes of short putts, will be my go as I start the new year.

Then headed over to the chipping/bunker green where I worked for more than an hour on chipping technique with my 7, 8 and 9 irons.  Then headed over to the green near the first hole and worked with my 7 and 9 irons on chips from 30-65 feet.   Working exclusively on distance control for more than an hour.  

I had planned to do the Chipping/Pitching/Bunker Assessment today, but the course was REALLY busy so I could not find a spot.  Hopefully sometime this week.