IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 25:

18 holes of short game golf. Been working a lot on my priority piece lately so have sorta neglected Short Game and it showed today. Need some reps here. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 96, January 10

Mirror work at the gym with driver and foam balls. Worked on the same stuff, head position at setup, pitch elbow feel from A4-6.

Finished with golf specific core workout.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 10, 10 January

i feel so inept posting alongside those folks who are in the hundreds, but getting to double figures is the most consecutive days that I have ever done. But it is working because keeping it going is making me work on my game when ordinarily I wouldn’t bother.

Whilst it’s only a paltry ten days, I really feel that it has already made a difference. This coincides with me signing up a winter programme with my pro so the quality of my practise is better too. Quality and frequent!

Today - 15 mins working on my new swing: the feel at the top of the backswing, staying over the ball and whipping through at impact.

5 mins on 12 foot putts too - taking the putter back on a straight line and a consistent stroke.

More to follow tomorrow after my new driver arrives!!

Day 90: Worked on my pitching motion again today. Working on making sure my set up is solid and that my head is staying steady during the motion. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 178:

40 minutes with 2 clubs: Driver and 3w off the tee. More to keep building on comfort factor. I know I will hit a god awful shot off the tee, perhaps, every round I play.  So today was not about reaching perfection and nirvana but to keep working on a  check list to prepare for the shot and then just doing it. 

Solid acceptable shots for the most part with a few screaming yellow bonkers (slices) from each and one very fat show from the 3w.  Some were not as long as I would have liked, but nicely into the fairway.  Between each shot I walked away, sat down and watched others, so that I would not simply hit a lot of balls too quickly.

What was good was that after the terrible shots, I did not spend a lot of time replaying the last drive, rather, I put "what makes  a well done drive" and just focused on what I need to do.

It was a concerted effort to focus on on making sure I neither over nor under thought any aspect of my technique.  In the final analysis I got acceptable results and I had fun.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 331 - January 10, 2019 - Some backswings with good rotation, before a workout and before evaluations for JEP.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 8.  As yesterday, club across my chest, going through the motion (not as in "phoning it in," but as in "practicing the motion"). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 375

A short walk over to the course for some early morning putting practice. Nothing major to work on. .Focus was on green reads, and to start rolling the ball on my chosen line. A few lag putts too.  Every pin was two putts, or less. 

Going to be a pretty nice, mid 60 degree day. Little or no wind forcasted.  My wife is done with her volunteer stuff, so maybe I can get her out on the course later. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 97, January 11

Mirror work at the gym with 7 iron and 3W. Focused on head position at setup, centered hip turn and pitch elbow feel again. Hope to hit balls outside tomorrow but it's going to be chilly, 30F.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1/10/19:

1 - 90 Minutes at driving range

a - 20 worked on getting hands down from top of backswing to shallow my swing plane (rather than pushing out and forcing steep) - minimal progress, likely need another lesson to figure out how to make this work better

b - 20 minutes varying distance with my GW - from 20 to 100yds trying to move forward in 5yd increments varying choke down on grip and 1/2, 3/4, full swings. big improvement from start to finish

c - 30 minutes sand trap to various flags - 40 balls - only left 1 ball in trap and only skulled 1 to 50yds 

d - 20 minutes simulated first 5 holes at DB GC. #1 = dogleg left that is going to vex me until I can get my left to right ball flight under control.

Andy - Awful Golfer With Horrible Slice Hoping to find something resembling a correct golf swing in 2019 - Determined not to let my pursuit of better than awful get in the way of enjoying being out on a golf course

WITB:
Ping G400 LST / Orlimar 3W & 4H (circa 2012) / Cobra King F7 One Length Irons (5 - GW) / Top Flite Wedges 52* 56* 60* / Orlimar Putter

My Swing Page

Day 26: 

Hit 6 Iron off the mat in my garage this morning. Still working on not moving towards the ball with my upper body in the downswing. So far shanks have disappeared. 

Day 11:

34 degrees at the club today, but still went and worked on backswing and rotating knee towards target to initiate the downswing. Most pure I’ve hit the ball all year. Walked 9 after. Even par. 

• Administrator

Day 332 - January 11, 2019 - Good work today. SuperSpeed takes me about ten minutes, and then I got in some good work on the backswing and a little of the transition work.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 11, 11 January

Spent one hour in my practise area focussing on staying over the ball and dropping into the slot at the top of backswing. A slow start, i didn’t feel loose today, but I got there.

I brought out my new driver for the last 15 minutes. Lots of work ahead with that!

DAY 411    Took off yesterday but back at it today.  Spent 3 hours on the range working through the drills on pages 170-73 of "Train for Golf Like An Olympian."   The drills focused on the six positions throughout the swing AND the swing motion itself. Lots of great drills.

Continued with my swing speed improvement program -- Jet Express from Michael Romatoski.  The drills take about 30 minutes which I do three times a week.   The goal is simple -- faster swing speed.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

1/11

Day 2

20 minutes of putting. Half at 3 and 6ft. Half at 25'

Realized that I was gripping with right index finger down the shaft, remembered this blog post and changed it.

https://thesandtrap.com/blogs/entry/298-finger-down-the-shaft-putting/

Andy - Awful Golfer With Horrible Slice Hoping to find something resembling a correct golf swing in 2019 - Determined not to let my pursuit of better than awful get in the way of enjoying being out on a golf course

WITB:
Ping G400 LST / Orlimar 3W & 4H (circa 2012) / Cobra King F7 One Length Irons (5 - GW) / Top Flite Wedges 52* 56* 60* / Orlimar Putter

My Swing Page

Day 179:

My day's plan to focus on a specific adjustment to my 50º wedge changed for non golf reasons.

I had agreed to substitute teach at a middle school I have worked at before, as well as for the past few days.  It has been a few days where my buttons were pushed.  I was tired of the foul language kids used to basically say "you can't tell me what to do" or keeping to disrupting the class as a whole.  Today one even physically threatened me.  Now to be truthful, the administration has been magnificent in backing me up and in generating a new focused tone for the school. While only a small handful of students were total miscreants, it did not take many to disrupt fo much!

I left today distraught and a bit wondering what good was my life's work.  Ok, enough about haw my mood was.

After 30 minutes at the range, golf allowed me to return to something that brings me joy even in all its frustrations.  My inability to hit a non-slice on a given day pales against the concerns I have as I worry about the lost ways of the next generations of young people.

I am now more relaxed and my blood pressure has lowered.  

I wish for all of us to improve our games to improve and for us to focus on this things we can do to make things in this world to improve as well.

May we return to this as our only frustrating thought...

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 91: Mirror work today on the full swing. Still ingraining that soft wrists feel in transition. Also working to close the face a hair in transition as well.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: