IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 7

Finally made it to the range. Worked from 58 all the way up to driver. Spent about an hour on the range. Could use my range time, but so far not so bad.  Making pretty good contact. Putted around a bit and worked from 5,10,15,20 feet clockwise. I have a competition this Saturday and will see if my game holds up. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just swung my 6 iron without thinking about much for ~20 mins. Some slow swings, some medium speed but nothing hard. Cannot provide a lot of detail here, as that's somewhat the point of practicing this way. Just swinging or hitting balls casually from time to time keeps me from getting too intense/analytical/negative.

Kind of want to play but tired after work and it's fairly cold.

20 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture.

Used a roller to work the glutes and calve muscles.

Tried to practice 65/20/15. The long game part didn’t feel like a workout at all, and I got kicked off the short game area because of a birthday party or something?

Hit my irons pretty decent. Carried my 6i a couple times out to the black and white pole mostly landing 10 yards short.

Longer clubs even driver we’re a bit anemic because my latissimus muscles felt kind of “rubbery” from yesterday’s practice and I didn’t roll the latissimus muscles the day before.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 39

Literally 5 minutes of putting practice today. I am chauffer for two adult daughters today, lunch maker for wife, and barista for wife and one daughter and likely a crazy day at work. But my priorities are in order-did the putting first!! 3-6 foot putts, working on bead and speed. 

PS: read a few minutes in LSW

Edited by dbuck

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 9 - Slow swing mirror work at the gym. Focused again on hip turn and pitch elbow through impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 10: 

2/7/18

Went to hit balls, worked on speed training with my driver.   Really just trying to get my balance right.   I've changed my shoulder turn to make my path much more steep on the takeaway.  This has had a great effect on my ability to shallow out my downswing.   Swings with irons are consistent, which is nice.   But, everything all out of whack with the driver.   I really do not want to have a different swing with my driver than I do my irons.    Working on weight transfer and picking up speed with the driver without spinning out and falling off to the left.   for the most part, unsuccessful.   

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

2/8/18:

Day 312:

Did more of my first move down drill and my path drill with the soda bottles. Most of the focus was missing the bottles and starting the downswing with my arms.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 39.

Just easy going chipping, and putting practice today. Previous rounds are catching up to me. Just a bit tired.

I did take a 3 iron, and hit a dozen balls. Had one fatty, and couple with poor altitude. The rest were ok. I don't use this club that much as it is. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 8   Worked with my Impact Ball and shortened club for 10 minutes to continue to effort to improve my turn on my backswing, reducing the sway off the ball.  Then spent 90 minutes on the range before it was too rainy to continue.  While on the range, I continued to do drills and monitor my efforts to turn on my backswing and stay in posture through the swing.

• Administrator

Day 6: 20 minutes working on my piece/pieces while waiting for a very late prospective college player to show up. I'll post more details in my Member Swing topic, and I'm trying to elaborate and provide details per the OP… but it's pretty simple stuff. I'm just working on the same piece just about every day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Focused on driver again. Teed it up a little higher and hovered the club at address to get  more of an ascending impact to get it higher. Last round I was teed lower because of fear of topping it. Something I've done lately. Now I feel more comfortable with it higher and hopefully it translated to a longer and higher ball fligh.

Day 8

putted for 30 minutes in living room. I have ball return putting aid. Worked from 5,10,15 feet. My carpet has a straight line so I put my ball on the line and put cup on line as well. Working on feel and pace of putts. 

Got my bag and clothes ready for tomorrow’s competition. Will wake up at 5:30, be out the door by 6, get there around 6:20ish, register and practice a little, tee off at 7:06. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

More swings, with a ball (not hitting it), on video dtl ~20 mins. Focus has been on the back swing a bit. I have a tendency for the arms to lift too soon, and otherwise create a position where the butt end points just outside the target line past the ball on the takeaway. I'd prefer the shaft to be steeper on the back swing, with the hands working more inside.

Come to realize I like the feeling of the body turn chasing the hands on the back swing. The result is a really stable clubface on the takeaway, and very little tension in my body. Plus I can make a really quick back swing this way while keeping everything in sync.

20 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture.

Had to wait 20 seconds to get the maximum speed between reps. Tried to do multiple in a row and the speed reduced dramatically.

Used a roller to work the lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Putting practice at range yesterday. I was told to relax and suddenly I. Plus make 10 foot putts two in a row a few times! Now I just need to learn to get into that meditative state when I putt on the course.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 40. Time sure flies....

Did about 15 minutes of work/play with my Kallassy Swing Magic club. This is a pretty old swing practice device. I'm not even sure they still sell them. 

I use it to just keep my swing body parts limber. It's also helpful with swing path. If I use it long enough, I get a little cardio work done too. 

It's a travel day for us, so I will be using it on and off the rest of the day. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 11:

2/8/18

putted in my living room for about 10 min last night.   really for no other reason other than I wanted to keep this streak alive.   I don't feel like I get much from putting practice in the winter, seeing that I am a good 2 months from seeing an actual green.   but, maybe it does.  at the very least it keeps me in a groove of practicing.  

Day 12: 

2/9/18

I'm not sure if this is legal, as it is a preemptive post.    I have a lesson at 1 today.   working on Driver.    I'm posting now instead of after as I'm not planning on coming back to the office after and not sure I will be using a computer tomorrow either.   

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Day 9   Spent 75 minutes on the putting green continuing with the 10,000 Putt Challenge... made 100 3 and 6 foot putts... while working on balance at address and relaxing my right shoulder.

The spent 2 1/2 hours on the range doing Technical Drills from my GGGA workbook, focusing on rotating instead of swaying on my backswing and staying in posture throughout the swing. We will see what impact this week of practice has had when I play in the Saturday morning 9 hole scramble.      Now some stretching to loosen up.

9/2/18 - 10 minutes of putting work on the mat with the Visio template. Setup is good, just working on the arc through the ball this evening to get the roll more even.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter