IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 426  Another raining and cold day.... and the forecast is more of this during the remainder of the week!!    So I am stuck indoors and doing my drills with a shortened 5 iron.  Working on rotating versus swaying.   Thinking of RoboGolfPro as I do it... in how I was "forced" to stay more centered or be pulled off the ball/ground.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 113, January 27 40F

Worked on my priority pieces today and filmed them. The looked much better than they felt. I couldn’t seem to get loose even with a longer warm up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 348 - January 27, 2019 - Ten minutes of swing stuff, good work on the backswing and a little arm stuff, and then SuperSpeed today. Got to 135 again twice, both during the warmup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 107: Same full swing mirror work as the past couple of days. Working on softening my wrists and closing the face a bit in transition again.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 114, January 28

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on set up and pitch elbow down from the top. Did mapping swings and slow swings. Will do SS training later.

Edit: Did SS training outside. 95/104

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 1: 

Starting over again. Another miserable day at the range. No more full swing for me until I can save up enough for lessons in a few weeks. All short game until then. 

Day 392 (consecutive)

Just some putting today. Same old routine, using one ball, and 6 practice pins.

Played 6 clockwise. 6 counter clockwise. The next 6 were what ever I chose to roll a ball to. Did this sequence twice for a 36 pin total. 

All starting putts were at least 10' feet, with some as much as 25' feet. 

Focuses were on reads, square alignment, and my back stroke length. 

Had 4 three putts, which were offset by 7 one putts. Rest were 2 putts. 

It was a good morning out of doors. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 28, 28 January

After two long hard practice days over the weekend, today was more restful. I spent 5 mins putting from 11ft, working on alignment. I also did some stretches focussing on keeping my head over the ball.

Starting reading ‘train for golf like an Olympian’ as I saw a few contributors reference it.

Day 196:

Arrived at the range for about 1 hour ofpraytice time as I spent much of the morning running errands.  Nothing was going to keep me away from the range after my good day yesterday.

After some warm-up time with the Orange Thing, I continued warming up with my 50º;  I was getting serious distance and height with it.  I was hitting shots that went high with a spin that allowed for only a tight short roll. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Moved on to reviewing a few clubs from yesterday that I was not totally happy with: 5i, 7i/w, and some with my GX-7.

By taking time on the first few shots with the 5i to make sure I was employing the full motions for the strike, I had no shots that took a wide spread off of the line I was aiming for. With the exception of one topped ball (my fault on club positioning), all were quite good.

Fairly much the same with my 7i/w.  I worked on making sure the club was addressing the ball had a good angle and proper stance distance. Sometimes, I find myself ending up with the club more angled toe-up off the turf, resting on the heel and not properly using the shape of the club to sit prior to the backswing.  If it is not, as I downswing, not enough adjustments can be made to assure a proper strike and I end up very much hitting on the hosel, and we all know what the result of that will bring! So in that way, it was a great day.  No hosel hits meant this was a good day for the club, both off the turf and off the tee!

GX-7 was acceptable at best off both the tee and turf.  No blasts to my right or wide left,  but distance and ball speed were at best OK.

So this week, as time permits, I will focus on the whole action of the swing by looking first at the various components of the swing and then the combining of those actions into the whole. I will use the GX-7 as the map and then apply what I learned there to my driver.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 349 - January 28, 2019 - Got a good 15 minutes in. Started off with the backswing work and then transitioned to a little transition work. 😄

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 108: Full swing mirror work again today. Working on softening wrists in transition and closing the face a bit still.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

DAY 427    Another cold day... so I worked with my shortened 5 iron taking practice swings focusing on staying center -- not swaying off the ball... by rotating.   One of these days, I will get this where I want it to be!!!

Day 393

Hit shots up to 60+/- yards this morning. Longer one to practice pins out in the semi rough. Shorter ones to a practice green.

There is a sign on our practice green that reads "SHORT PITCHES & CHIPS ONLY". This to save the practice green from damaging ball marks. Why folks insist on ignoring these types of signs is beyond me. 

Today's focuses were on acquiring target areas near practice pins, intermediate target spots, body alignment, club face alignment, weight shift during the forward swing. Also, on a few one piece take aways to start my back swing. I tend to pay attention on the path my left hand takes during my take away. Just some stuff that are part of my overall preshot routine when playing for a score. 

Finished up with a few chip shots. Nothing fancy there. Just dropping a ball, chipping to a landing area, a couple of feet on the green. 

Just another pleasent morning out in the fresh air. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 115, January 29

Eased up a bit today and just worked on set up and centered hip turn in the mirror. Followed with golf specific resistance workout.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 428  Back at the range at last!!!  Spent three hours on the range working on the same things I have been working on for months.  Rotating on the backswing instead of swaying off the ball, staying more centered and down through impact versus early extension.  Feel like I am making progress based on my personal assessment and a couple of PGA Coaches who frequent our range.

Then spent 45 minutes on the putting green, using the Pelz Putting Tutor, to get feedback on my ability to start the ball on line, then finished off with a little 9 hole putting round with holes ranging from 20-65 feet.  I easily two putted all of them, ... :-)

And a special shout  out to Marc Casullo, one of the guys that I see and speak with regularly on the range and putting green at Legacy Golf Club who shot -10 in the Latin America PGA Tour Q School to earn provisional status.  It was great to see him and catch up with him today.

pgatour-latinoamerica_fb.jpg

View the latest golf scores and results of the 2019 PTLA Qualifying Tournament-Mexico.

Day 2: 

Focused on chipping and pitching today. Worked on using the bounce more on my pitches, and worked on the bump and run with my pitching wedge. I think I am leaning towards keeping the ball lower more often around the greens. I think I try and take it up in the air too much sometimes. 

Day 29, 29 January

I started with a warm-up using my 8i, but ended up hitting 48 balls as i needed to get my swing plane right.

Working on the same thing, I moved onto my driver, and finished off with a 3 wood.

This amounted to well over 1 hour.

• Administrator

Day 350 - January 29, 2019 - A little putting work today as I've got a LOT of other work today. I did a workout that's golf-specific, too, but I do that three times a week and never count it.