IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

2/9/18:

Day 315:

More work with my first move down drill today. Working with my starting the downswing with my arms today.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 7: DIdn't get downtown today, but spent at least eight minutes doing stuff in a mirror with a stubby club (so as not to hit the ceiling) in my basement, and then another three or four testing out the Power Package Pro training aid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 40

A few minutes of practice swings with driver, working on set up, turn, and speed.

A few minutes of putting working on aim and stroke.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

10/2/18 - Day 1

Priority piece - as per last lesson working on my body movement in the backswing, so that rather than moving off the ball and kinking my hips to target to keep my head steady, coil so that my sternum and hips rotate rather than slide. This is done through mirror work and slow swings (can only handle 25% speed at the moment), and predicated on proper practice.

Today - worked 5 mins mirror work no ball.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Day 9

Played a round of golf today. Horrible day for the most part. Need more work on driver, I hit hooks, slices, hit ball into ground, and sky the ball. I pretty much hit all the shots other then straight. There is light at the end of the tunnel, I was getting all the bad shots out of my system and was getting a little better as the day went on. my irons were good, but I lost distance roughly 10-15 yards. So i had to go up one club on all my shots. most of them were straight down the target, but then falls out of the sky short of the green. chipping was rough in the beginning, but was able to hone it in as the day went on. I was starting to get my feel back in the short game.

Next time i go to the range I need to work on driver and long irons. mid to short irons were working fine and need to just get my strength back up since i haven't played a round for about a month and have just gotten over my 2 week sickness. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

10 Less aggressive reps. Took it easy today to prep for a round. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture.

Power walk with wife. Passing 5 mile mark...now. :-)

Waiting 20 seconds to get the maximum speed between reps, but doing a few less aggressive warmup reps in between. 

Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Chipping/pitching practice yesterday. Getting a little better, but not as good as a month ago.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2/10/18:

Day 316:

More work with my path drill with the soda bottles. Hit about 10 or 12 shots, focusing on not hitting the bottles with a 7-iron. Didn't hit the bottles once. It's kind of like the gate drill, just slightly different.

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

10/2/18 - 5 minutes of full swing position work, still focusing on left knee movement in front of the rugby and another 5 on the putting mat, trying to get the setup position just right.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Day 41.

Did some carpet putting this morning. Nothing really big about it  3-6 footers, with another ball as the target. After that it was a 2 mile, fast paced walk uphill to look at a water fall. 4 miles round trip. Healthy legs contribute to balance in the swing.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 8: Only got about seven or eight minutes in (but that's enough), and I focused for a change of pace on my downswing/shoulder piece. My backswing is better, but it gets boring and I lose focus if I ONLY work on that ALL the time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 13:

2/10/18

made jokes with friends about how Ted Potter is about 1 birdie away from stealing Dustin Johnson’s wife. 

Then, headed to the hitting bay to work on driver.  Came to understand at my lesson yesterday that I am pushing my driver the the right not bacause of path, but instead, face angle.   My path is actually quite nice, pretty consistently 2-3 degrees in to out. But my face is often open 3, 4, and sometimes even 5 degrees. Annoying.  So we worked on pronating my wrist at the top to help close down the face a bit quicker.  

Today while hitting, I worked on that.  Had some nice balls, mixed in a few snap hooks.  Kind of expected if I am working on closing the face and occasionally I get a neutral path.  Not a big deal.  I can fix it.  

Had a couple nice balls last that went Way right and hooked back to the middle.   A good exaggeration of what I am trying to do.  So it was fun that I was able to do it.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Day 10     Started the morning by playing in a 9 hole HCP scramble.  We were 6 under but out of the money!!  Then spent 2 hours on the putting green.  The first 45 minutes doing an assessment from The Scoring Method (counting the number of putts made out of 10 tries from 3, 4, 6, 8 and 10 feet).  Then the remainder of the time on Day 17 of 50 of the 10,000 Putt Challenge.  Today I made 100 putts from 3 and 5 feet.

Practiced some clubface control which I like to do when I'm bored with everything else, especially being cooped up inside all the time due to weather.

It is pretty simple stuff without a ball, just swinging out through the impact zone and closing the face a lot/some/a little. Swinging across the target line open face hitting would be big cuts, low pull slices, and etc. Don't ask me why but I like to hit it fat on purpose, and then have the club land well forward "thinning it." I do all of this with my hands and little turn, then try to quiet the hands and manipulate things with my body more.

Day 41

10 minutes putting. Working on aim and stroke. For most of my life I have been more of a feel putter and I am trying to be a little more mechanical and consisten in set up aim and stroke.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 10

went to the course and spent an hour around the chipping and putting green. Chipped with 8 iron bump and run for 15 minutes. Lob with 58 for 15 minutes. Hit short putts clockwise and long putts from across the green. Getting a better feel for distance. Goal was to 2 putt from a long way. Started off bad with a lot of 3 putts, but after 20 minutes or so I was getting them in closer for a more bareable 2 putt. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Day 11 - shoulder turn work in the basement. I’m a bit stiff from hitting balls for the first time in 6 months yesterday even though I only hit about 30.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 2:

5 mins mirror work in front of glass door. Can't make this turn happen properly at above about 10% speed. Am doing at 10% speed. Feeling better. Also found a good video on instragram which highlighted this - So Yeon Ryu - watched that, then repeated. Seemed helpful to have a visual clue.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306