IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 77      Started the morning with a 90 minute session on the putting green.  Continuing with the 10,000 Putt Challenge. Focus on posture and balance.   Then to the range for 3 hours.   Working through the Technical/Motion Drills from my GGGA workbook.  Still focusing on turning on the backswing instead of swaying :-)   Making progress.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 17:

2/15/14

went to hit balls, focusing mostly on Driver.  (again).   Frankly, today was not as successful.   was pushing a few balls out to the right a bit, that had a touch of right spin.   which, for now, is ok.  As long as my path is to the right and I'm just leaving the club face open a bit.  1 degree in-to-out path and 1.5 degree open face will produce that result.   unfortunately, I don't think that was what was happening today,   seems like path was neutral and face was open a bit.   there may have been a few swings where path was out-to-in a tiny bit.   That is not not ok.   it's just really a step back from what i am trying to change.  

on the positive side, I was not pushing balls far right at all.  closer to dead straight just tailing off at the end.  these would have been right edge of the fairway or short rough.   So it is encouraging that on a bad swing day, the misses are getting better and better.   But, I just feel that if I can't control the direction the ball is spinning, I'm just not going to find the consistency I'm looking for.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator

Day 13: February 15, 2018 - Slow motion stuff at home, with a mirror. This is the one day this week I won't be downtown at Golf Evolution. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 14

putted in the living room for 20 minutes from 5,10,15,20 feet. putted with only one hand, left hand 1st, then right hand 2nd. this was difficult. left hand i was pulling putts, right hand i was pushing putts. after practicing, I was able to recognise i suck. now I am able to keep it on line and straight now. put both hand together and no problem. will try again when i go to the course tomorrow and practice with breaks in the green instead of just a flat surface.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Day 46

10 minutes of putting working on alignment and stroke. Having some progress at settling on a comfortable, repeatable setup.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day - 3

raining outside. 20 mins worth of lag putting down hallway (approx. 45ft) for speed work

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

12 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

(13)

Too rainy/windy for the range, so no Mevo action today. Bummer

Decided to work on turning my body better in the back swing, and then explored a bit with deeper hands. I've been liking my wrist behavior and angles I'm getting, just not...a lot of other things.

Noticed a nasty slight shoulder tilt toward the target at address (lazy? maybe. bad? yes), and with my tendency for the hand path to go across the target line I was on a crash course with steepness, and potentially even lost balls.

Day 47

10 minutes putting working on aim, setup and stroke.

I took a few driver swings. I am mainly working on speed. I have sufficient turn. My right leg straightens a little more than I'd like, but I have a decent amount of shoulder and hip turn. As suggested in LSW, I am experimenting with my backswing/downswing ratio, and also just trying to "swing my arms faster", coordinated with faster hip rotation.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 16- Mirror work at the gym. I got the Hanger Golf training aid in the mail yesterday and tried that out. It will be fun to hit balls with it. I can see the benefits. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16/2/18 - Played my final round of the half term at Swinley Forest. We made the bad decision to play from the tips, thinking that 6300 wasn't that long. Turns out, much of it is uphill, it plays every inch of that length and there are 5 par threes, all between 180 and 225 yards. Didn't drive the ball well meaning that I had a lot of 200 yard approaches, which are absolutely not my strength. Wedge game was decent, putted ok but not brilliantly, but it's so hard to score from those distances. So, tomorrow will be back to the swing rebuild...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Day 47 Feeling a bit under the weather, I am..

Worked on my pump, and step through drills this morning.

The pump drill being the one I use to not cast the club. The early release bugaboo. 

The step through drill I use for forward weight shift, which also helps moving the divot part of my swing in front of the ball.

In an earlier post in this thread, I mentioned putting these two drills into one motion. After a few days, it's looking better, but still a ways to go. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

2/16/18:

It's day 322.

More work with the first move down drill again today. Working on, irons mostly. Just making sure my arms start the downswing and then the body.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 18:

2/16/18

Last night, I put my Arccos sensors on the clubs.  I was curious to see if there was any difference.   Took, My 7 iron, 4 iron and putter over to the hitting bay today and took about 20 swings with each, and then about 20 putts on the putting green.  

maybe a little different for the first few swings (just the sensation of it being there), but pretty quickly forgot all about it and was unnoticeable.  no difference at all on the putter.   

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Day 78   Another long and productive day.   Spent 75 minutes on the putting green making 100 putts from both 3 and 6 feet -- which is continuing the 10,000 Putt Challenge!!   Worked on balance and timing of putter stroke.  Then spent 3 3/4 hours on the range.  It was a massively long session.  I did 24 drills from my GGGA workbook, and then hit 15 shots to a hole location of 110 yards, and 15 shots to a hole location of 51 yards.  In each case working on distance control and aim.   I will see if these last three days of hard work pay off in the morning when I play in a weekly 9-hole scramble.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 15

was at the course early before i played my round and practiced more of my putting with breaks this time. I practiced my putting for about 40 minutes one handed on left hand 1st then right hand 2nd. very awkward feeling at first but starting to gain muscle memory for both hands working independently.  I am feeling more confident with my putting. When I played the round, everything feels new, but good at the same time. most of my puts were close tap in putts. I didn't sink any long putts, but I knocked a lot close for an easy 2nd putt.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

• Administrator

Day 14, February 16, 2018 - Slow motion swings in my living room while watching TW hack it around the entire course. Took great care not to hit the overhead light. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(14)

Practiced pitching motion after work ~10 minutes. Nothing too specific mechanic wise, just trying to use the bounce more, seeing if I could strike 3 balls clean into the air.