• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Day 462 - April 4, 2021 Played 18 holes with @Hardspoon and then a nine-hole scramble with @NatalieB. Shot 30 on the latter nine, and around par with the first 18. I haven't gone through the roun

Posted Images

10 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Power walk with my wife this morning. Our hike yesterday morning was cut short.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 49. Still dealing with a chest cold.

Today it was some indoor carpet putting. 3'-6' footers. Just hitting sraight putts. 

Also hit a few short chips. Worked on my little chip, flop shot. 

We are in NorCal at my cousin's house. (Sonoma County). He will kick my butt at tennis, and I will return the favor on a local golf course.

(15)

Hit some partial pitch shots outside. Just focused on hitting a specific starting direction, flying the ball through a gap in the trees. Worked in the mirror a few minutes before hand, and liked the feeling of driving my trail elbow into myself while creating space with my pivot on the down swing. 

Day 80    Spent the morning on the putting green doing my 10,000 Putt Challenge.  Today I had to make 100 putts from both 3 and 5 feet!!   Then to the range to do my GGGA Workbook Technical/Motion Drills to help with my pivot and staying in posture throughout the swing.  AND also did my Level 3 Protocol with the Super Speed Training System. Three hours later at home for dinner!!    Great weather.

I have attached a picture of the range I use.

IMG_20180218_132618739_HDR.jpg

Day 49

15 minutes of putting 3-6 foot putts. Today I think I am getting closer to a repeatable setup. More relaxed, arms hanging, hands lower. Pretty conventional set up, reverse overlap grip, square stance. Last drill was a ball at 3,5, and 6 feet, and I made all three.

My putting cup has a normal size "hole" but the entrance is 3 inches.

• Administrator

Day 16, February 18, 2018 - Practiced hitting some pitch shots as I had to demonstrate it for the golfers on my college team, and then worked on my full swing. Just five minutes on the latter par, 15 on the former.

I also hit one foot putt. Left it in the jaws, an inch short from 27'. So typical. ;-)

Day 18

Spent 20 minutes in front of mirror swinging my air club. looked from different angles on my swing. front, back, left, and right. looks like i am going past 270. going to try to keep at 270 so stoping my swing before that. almost feels like i am taking a 3/4 swing and not a full swing, but mirror shows differently. will try to hit the range tomorrow with a smaller mirror and see how i am doing. 

2/19/18:

Day 325:

Did some refresher work with my path drill with the soda bottles this morning. Most of the focus as usual was to miss the bottles. I still have that nice draw path going with my longer clubs, which I what I'm looking for..

It's down to 40 days to a year.

Day 50

15 minutes putting 3-7 foot putts. Working on bead and speed-aim and stroke. I am working on getting into a repeatable position, and also working a little bit on speeding up the routine. I tend to take a few seconds to hit once I am settled. I am not frozen, but my mind is contemplating the stroke I want to make. I am trying to shorten this length of time slightly.

5 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Light walk with my wife this morning, we walked all around UCSB to check out the school for my younger kid. 

Day 120:

2/19/18

Hit about 25 putts of so in my living room, then hit some chips on the putting mat.   I like hitting chips on the putting mat, because it''s only 8 feet.   it's so short that you really want to decelerate so you don't accidentally hit it across the living room, but that creates chunks.   just trying to make it automatic to be able to confidentially swing at short chips.  

Edited by lastings

(16)

Went to the range with the mevo. Got some carry yardages for the whole bag. Need to work on some partial shots to fill a gap between my 54 and Pw. I'll need to do some testing off of grass to compare before I come up with an average. Even still, I'd feel confident on the course going with the numbers I was getting.

So far in my rounds I have mostly just been guessing, and hitting to greens with random speeds and club choices. It's really exciting for me to finally get a handle on my yardages as I know this can only boost my GIR%.

Day 50

Spent about an hour on a driving range using my longer clubs. Also added in a couple if my favorite drills in between my real, ball smacking, real swings. Getting ready for tomorrow's round with the tennis pro. 

After my range time, I did some maintenance on my ClicGear, and golf bag. Have to keep other things besides my swing in decent working order. :whistle:

• iacas changed the title to "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge