IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

2/18 - Day 5

8i swings with centered turn and steady head.

then chipping & pitching work in backyard with kids

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2/18/18:

It's day 324.

More work with the first move down drill again today. Working on, irons mostly. Just making sure my arms start the downswing and then the body.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

10 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Power walk with my wife this morning. Our hike yesterday morning was cut short.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 49. Still dealing with a chest cold.

Today it was some indoor carpet putting. 3'-6' footers. Just hitting sraight putts. 

Also hit a few short chips. Worked on my little chip, flop shot. 

We are in NorCal at my cousin's house. (Sonoma County). He will kick my butt at tennis, and I will return the favor on a local golf course.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

(15)

Hit some partial pitch shots outside. Just focused on hitting a specific starting direction, flying the ball through a gap in the trees. Worked in the mirror a few minutes before hand, and liked the feeling of driving my trail elbow into myself while creating space with my pivot on the down swing. 

Day 18 - Shoulder turn work and some slow swings. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 80    Spent the morning on the putting green doing my 10,000 Putt Challenge.  Today I had to make 100 putts from both 3 and 5 feet!!   Then to the range to do my GGGA Workbook Technical/Motion Drills to help with my pivot and staying in posture throughout the swing.  AND also did my Level 3 Protocol with the Super Speed Training System. Three hours later at home for dinner!!    Great weather.

I have attached a picture of the range I use.

IMG_20180218_132618739_HDR.jpg

Day 49

15 minutes of putting 3-6 foot putts. Today I think I am getting closer to a repeatable setup. More relaxed, arms hanging, hands lower. Pretty conventional set up, reverse overlap grip, square stance. Last drill was a ball at 3,5, and 6 feet, and I made all three.

My putting cup has a normal size "hole" but the entrance is 3 inches.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

• Administrator

Day 16, February 18, 2018 - Practiced hitting some pitch shots as I had to demonstrate it for the golfers on my college team, and then worked on my full swing. Just five minutes on the latter par, 15 on the former.

I also hit one foot putt. Left it in the jaws, an inch short from 27'. So typical. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 18

Spent 20 minutes in front of mirror swinging my air club. looked from different angles on my swing. front, back, left, and right. looks like i am going past 270. going to try to keep at 270 so stoping my swing before that. almost feels like i am taking a 3/4 swing and not a full swing, but mirror shows differently. will try to hit the range tomorrow with a smaller mirror and see how i am doing. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

2/19 - Day 6

knocked the dust off the putting routine - playing Wed, so I went through a bunch of 5 ft putts this morning working on bead and the routine

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

2/19/18:

Day 325:

Did some refresher work with my path drill with the soda bottles this morning. Most of the focus as usual was to miss the bottles. I still have that nice draw path going with my longer clubs, which I what I'm looking for..

It's down to 40 days to a year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 50

15 minutes putting 3-7 foot putts. Working on bead and speed-aim and stroke. I am working on getting into a repeatable position, and also working a little bit on speeding up the routine. I tend to take a few seconds to hit once I am settled. I am not frozen, but my mind is contemplating the stroke I want to make. I am trying to shorten this length of time slightly.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

5 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Light walk with my wife this morning, we walked all around UCSB to check out the school for my younger kid. 

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 120:

2/19/18

Hit about 25 putts of so in my living room, then hit some chips on the putting mat.   I like hitting chips on the putting mat, because it''s only 8 feet.   it's so short that you really want to decelerate so you don't accidentally hit it across the living room, but that creates chunks.   just trying to make it automatic to be able to confidentially swing at short chips.  

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

(16)

Went to the range with the mevo. Got some carry yardages for the whole bag. Need to work on some partial shots to fill a gap between my 54 and Pw. I'll need to do some testing off of grass to compare before I come up with an average. Even still, I'd feel confident on the course going with the numbers I was getting.

So far in my rounds I have mostly just been guessing, and hitting to greens with random speeds and club choices. It's really exciting for me to finally get a handle on my yardages as I know this can only boost my GIR%.

Day 50

Spent about an hour on a driving range using my longer clubs. Also added in a couple if my favorite drills in between my real, ball smacking, real swings. Getting ready for tomorrow's round with the tennis pro. 

After my range time, I did some maintenance on my ClicGear, and golf bag. Have to keep other things besides my swing in decent working order. :whistle:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 19- Shoulder turn work and some slow swings.  Built a new stand to do my home practice and bought a new net.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave