IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 50

Met up with a buddy after work at a local driving range. Hit a small bucket, 30 balls or so. Used a different club and target for each swing. Pretended I was playing different holes at my local course. Started with a tee shot, followed by an approach or recovery shot if my tee ball was shitty. Then maybe a chip/pitch if approach was offline. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 51

Hit about 60 balls in my backyard with 7-iron this evening. Swing felt smooth and ball striking was crisp  for a change  

-Peter

Not sure why my day 52 entry From yesterday didn’t post. Will have to check the streak to see if it’s still going. Will return to this entry and update is streak is gone.

Day 53

Another day with driver in my backyard today. About 20 balls, again focused on keeping my head from moving down the target line. 

Edited by Darkfrog
Soelling (spelling)

-Peter

Day 54

Worked on sand/bunker shots in the practice area after my round today. The practice bunker is in pretty shitty shape, so it was a good real world scenario for the local muni bunkers I’m faced with.

Still need to verify if streak is active but it’s too much of a pain on a mobile phone.

-Peter

Day 55

Still working on keeping my head from moving down the target line during downswing. Hit about 20 balls at 50% speed with a 7 iron focusing on this. 

-Peter

Day 56

Christmas day, only time for a bit of indoor putting in the living room. 

-Peter

Day 57

Visiting in-laws today who live close to my lesson facility, so dropped in and rented time on the launch monitor today. Started working on establishing partial swing distances with my wedges per lsw. 

-Peter

Day 58

Worked on anti flipping drills with PW, 6 iron, hybrid, and driver today after a rough round with lots of snap hooks. Hit about 100 balls into my net. Flipping is a problem that pops up for me from time to time and I need to consciously work at it to keep it at bay. 

-Peter

Day 58

Had a solid round today (86) with regards to ball striking but putting and short game cost me a better score and the opportunity to match my personal best (81). So did some indoor putting with my daughter. Also worked on chipping off my mat but it doesn’t really adequately simulate some of the lies I struggle with.

-Peter

Day 59

Worked on pitching technique in the “pitching off hard pan lies” thread. Struggling with it but it was cold and rainy today. Will keep at it this week. 

-Peter

Day 60

Worked more on pitching technique from the thread quoted in my previous post. Hit about 30 balls off my mat with a 60 degree wedge. Needed to move the mat much closer to the net.

Calling a foul on myself: Finally got back on a real computer and verified my streak. Not posting a practice day on 12/21 (I actually did practice though) technically ended my streak, but regained the 26/28 rolling practice days on 12/29.

-Peter

• Administrator

I worked yesterday but can't count it, because I didn't post. So…

Day 1 - December 30, 2019

Full swing work, about 20 minutes (split up to last almost 45 minutes). I'll post in a bit about what I'm working on in my Member Swing topic, but basically, feeling the trail arm throw out behind me a little and feeling that the hands keep the face pointing right (it isn't) while I rotate hard through the shot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 28 (days adjusted to reflect current streak)

Played well by my standards in my last round, but I started to feel a little over the top for the last 3-4 holes, and a pull-fade-y ball flight indicated this too. Balls were still going generally where I was targeting so not a complete breakdown. This usually happens for me when my head moves down the target line at the start of the downswing. So this morning I worked on some full swings at what felt like about 25% speed, really focusing on keeping my head from not moving down the target line. I didn't really worry too much about solid contact, but I hit the ball okay. Did 20 reps with a 7-iron.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 2 - December 31, 2019

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Today it was in the glass doors (reflection) while watching some of the Shell's series that's been on Golf Channel all day. Mostly getting comfortable with the backswing pieces, because if that's not right - if that right elbow stays too tight or gets around me a bit too much - it'll be almost impossible to do what I need to do on the downswing.

Plus, it's easier to practice backswings when you can't hit a ball or anything.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 29

Did some putting practice in my living room this morning. Worked on starting putts on target. 

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 3 - January 1, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Mixed in some faster speed stuff but also mixed in some things to make sure I wasn't getting too much weight too forward too early. A bigger turn with a bit more depth really helps get the depth too.

Recorded a video for an online student, too, while I was down there. Good 30-minute session. Probably 25-30 balls.

Day 30

Did more work on the pitching technique described here. I tried this for all my shots inside 60 yards yesterday and found it to be much more forgiving than using the leading edge. Distance control wasn't great, and I hit a couple fat, but the result wasn't nearly as bad as a fat shot with the leading edge. I also hit one thin and sent the ball flying across the green. All this to say I need more practice for this particular shot.

I hit about 50 of these shots into a net with my 54 degree wedge. I focused on weight forward at address, letting gravity bring the club head down instead of trying to hit the ball, and pivoting through.

-Peter

Day 1 of restart!

Mainly a get the muscles moving day. 20 sots each with 5h, 6i and driver.  OK at best, too wise of a dispersion.  Tomorrow same clubs, with video.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).