IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 74

15 minutes of indoor putting today after regular weekend round. Had a rough round on the greens. Completely botched 4 birdie putts inside 15 feet, and by botched I mean didn’t even get inside 6 feet. So putted back and forth across living room rug using a ball as a target. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 37.  After yesterday's round, I particularly felt I could have hit my half shots a bit better (in retrospect, I don't know why I thought that, as I had so few to hit).  Anyway, so I did 10 minutes of half shots with my U-iron (gap wedge, from the iron set), indoors, off a mat, not actual golf balls (but balls, not just practice swings). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 49 - February 17, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Hit 30 balls or so, with Luke and Breckin. Really exaggerated the move in transition (which probably means it wasn't doing it much), and hit the ball well when I felt that. Excited about the next month or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 38, February 17 2020.  15 minutes pitching (half swing, U-iron) off a mat, into a net.  Focused on setup, as I realized I was pushing a bunch when I was lazy about this.  I wonder if that's come up in rounds?  I'll make it a point of focus.  Also, among my not-golf-balls, I really like the plush ones better than the whiffle ones.  Also, hitting a real ball with a half gap wedge in my set up makes me nervous. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 75

Missed Monday 2/18.

Did some Planemate advanced protocol transition drill today. No golf balls, just the transition motion with the full swing band in my office.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 50 - February 18, 2020

Messed around with the counter-weight SuperSpeed clubs that just arrived. They are too light, I concluded, for working on what I'm doing. So, I spent five more minutes doing mirror work.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 39.  Speed Stix, protocol one..  First time with triple digits (100 on the nose) on the red stick in this iteration.  

Didn't do the Speed Stix the past week due to not feeling as great.  Somehow didn't stop me from playing two rounds of golf in the time though.

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

Day 51 - February 19, 2020

Hit a number of balls today righty. Really liking the last feel I had yesterday. Hit one shank when I went pretty slow, and the rest were smashed.

Also hit about 30 balls lefty with my 8I. The swings felt like half swings, which probably means they were 3/4 swings. 🙂 I like the lefty clubs… except the shitty Winn grips.

Day 76

Worked on Planemate advanced protocol 4 - delivery position. Afterward hit 15 balls with a 7-iron. 

-Peter

Day 40.  Medicine ball drill after work.  I had gone to the gym this morning but somehow felt I needed to do this tonight.

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

Day 52 - February 20, 2020

Relatively light day. Mirror work for ten minutes listening to a podcast in the morning, and some putts in the afternoon to check out a teaching feel.

Day 41.  Two different practices.  Went to a real putting green (with my real putter and some real balls on real grass).  Did 3' and 6' putts.  I attempted an around-the-world from 6', but without carefully marking beforehand.  I made 9 out of 12.  There was a time not too long ago 2/12 would have been a good score for me on that.  And this green breaks more than the one I used to practice on.

Then got home and did speed sticks, protocol one.  113 mph for the Green Part 2, might be a personal best?

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 77

Worked on Planemate advanced protocol 4 - delivery position some more. Then hit 30 balls without the band. 

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 53 - February 21, 2020

Full swings (a few lefty, which didn't go well) and a good number of righty ones.

Day 42.  I spent 10 minutes hitting half swings with a 9-iron (typically the longest pitch shot that comes up semi-regularly).  Off a mat, into a net, combination of whiffle and plush balls, a few real ones.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 78

Frustrating practice day. A little tired and achy from a long day of being on my feet, so didn’t feel like dealing with Planemate bands which require extra effort.  Hit some balls with 6, 7, and 8-iron, working on completing a full turn before starting downswing. Contact was really poor, thin and off the toe almost every strike. Maybe because it was dark. Had to hit a few little pitch shots to finish up just to feel like I had some solid strikes. 

-Peter

Day 79

Only time for some rehearsal swings today using  patio door as a mirror to check positions.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 54 - February 22, 2020

About 20-25 6-irons in preparation for playing 18 tomorrow near Pittsburgh.

Oh, and I hit one driver, and the tee broke, so I gave up on that.