IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

2/25/18:

Day 331:

I worked on the "first move down" drill this morning for about five minutes. Just trying to get the feeling that I'm starting the downswing with my arms. I also worked with my path drill with the water bottles today. Continuing to make sure I am coming slightly from the inside to hit a slight draw.

34 days to 1 year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 25- Stretching and slow swings on a rainy day. Went to golf galaxy to get some free swings in, but the place was packed. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

24/25 /2/18 - replying for today and yesterday (birthday, so kind of forgot to update). 24th saw a good 30 minutes of putting in front of the TV working on the Visio template and tempo. Today, played about 8 holes before retiring due to it being -1 and just unbearable. Couldn't feel my hands, so it was becoming a bit of a pointless exercise!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

On 2/24/2018 at 8:46 AM, woodzie264 said:

Day 11 - worked on my PP (priority piece) of steady head (no dipping) while maintaining centered turn x 5mins w/7i

Day 12 - same as above with 8i

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

OK I can use the accountability. 

I played my 2nd bit of golf on real grass since December. I played 19 holes in 25 mph wind. The focus was on contact and committing to the shot. For the short game it was on landing zones and starting putts on line.

Day 87   Woke up and spent about 45 minutes stretching my hips, shoulders, etc. while listening to the 18Strong Podcast.   Then spent 30 minutes doing drills using my KPlayer,.   Finally 3 hours on the range seeing how I transfer the drills I am doing on the KPlayer (sequence and backswing) to hitting real balls.   About ready to play 9 holes and then the rains came!!! (Grrr)

Day 24

2/25/18

spent 25 minutes working to “flight” wedges.  I’m not 100% sure I’ve got this down.  Read through the flighting wedges post on this site.   Just kind of difficult to judge wedge ball flight on the launch monitor.  

I get to play golf in a week, so we’ll see on the range. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Day 56

Played 27 holes today. Shot 40/42/43 for my troubles. Felt good playing in drier, warmer weather again. 

The only focus I had was just hitting shots with a nice easy swing. That, and paying closer attention to ball placement in my stance. 

Prior to the round I spent some time warming up with my version of the pump drill. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 23 - February 25, 2018 - Played 18 holes in the mud and muck and water and 50° temperatures.

Was pretty pleased with my "pieces." Don't feel I overdid a swing the whole day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 56

15 minutes of putting 3-6 feet.

15 minutes swinging driver. I hit about 25 balls. 

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 25

picked up a new 3 wood. More of a tour 3 wood with a smaller head. It is fantastic off the deck, but I miss the slightly bigger head  of my old 3 wood off the tee. Worked on it in the indoor range for an hour. Mixed review, will try it on the course tomorrow and see real life work. My old 3 wood is automatic off the tee, but half and half off the deck. New 3 wood is a lot better off the deck, but I am struggling hitting it consistent off the tee. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Day 13 - chipping whiffle balls down the hall at work before the day gets going. Focus was on impact position/low point control

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

On a diet. Starting weight 217. Been losing 2 pounds a day for two days currently at 212. Goal is 1 pound a day for 4 days with exercise and higher water consumption. Virtually no fats or salt.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 57

15 minutes putting 3-7 foot putts. I did about 10 putts on the ruler drill, then 3-7 feet, several from multiple distances. I hit a few from longer then return and do 3 at 3 feet. Rinse and repeat. Working on bead and speed, and setup conducive to bead and speed.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

2/26/18:

Day 332:

Work on my "first move down" drill combined with my path drill with the water bottles today. Again, the focus was to start my swing with my arms, not my body and to stay in sync, so I don't hit the bottles on the path drill.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 57

Just finished some warm up swings with various clubs on the driving range. Just nice, easy, correct ( for me) tempo swings. No real drills, since it's game day for me. 

Going to play another 18 holes in a few minutes. My target number is 80, but a 79 would be even nicer.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

26/2/18 - 5 minutes of mirror work on the shoulder/hip turn without a club. Still trying to get that feel of the coil working and it's far too cold to do anything outside at the moment!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Day 24 - February 26, 2018 - Took some slow-motion swings with my new PING BeCu irons. ;-) Gonna have to re-grip them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets