IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 14.  26 putts (indoors, on carpet, real balls) aluminum ruler drill from LSW.  Long swings, part of my goal was (1) swing with my shoulders and (2) hit a long putt on line.  2 missed left, 1 missed right, 23 got to the end of the ruler. 

Also hit 10 balls (off a mat, into a net, indoors) with an 8-iron (usual practice things, focus was setup as per latest evolvr) and another 10 by 6-iron. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1: Worked on takeaways to A2. Working on staying connected with the arms and chest until this point.

I need to change this picture below. Way too much bend with the trail elbow.

takeaway.png.4390d5dd303923963638a6d079971e88.png

Day 204

More backswing mirror work after dark. Earlier in the day I hit 50 balls into my net, with visual post shot notes for start line (left / center / right) and strike (heel / center / toe and fat / thin), then combined that with Mevo data for ball speed and launch angle. Plan to do this every other day and bring notes to instructor. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 123 - Range work again today with focus on set up and alignment.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 15.  I went to a nearby course with a practice facility, with the hope I'd be able to hit the range and get some video for evolvr (the requested angle isn't one I can get to taping at home, at least not in a spot where I can hit a ball).  I spent 30 minutes on the putting green, mostly within 15' (but some going back to 30';  nothing in the dead zone of course), focusing on setup, including grip, alignment, and moving the shoulders (not the hands).  I made quite a few, but I didn't do any measurable drills, which in retrospect is an obvious mistake.

After 30 minutes, I realized the range was only getting busier, so instead of waiting further (and to hit balls outdoors without the need or getting video), I went home.  I hit 30 balls at home (indoors, off a mat, into a net, 3 foam to start then 27 real), roughly half 8-iron (flight shot) and half 6-iron (full).  Focus was on setup.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 2: Went to the range and mostly worked on slower half-swings to emphasize maintaining spine angle. I'm continuing to use the feel of getting pressure into the left heel. If it gets into the toe area, it almost always means an early extension move happened. Did some full speed swings with the 3w off of the deck, and I ended up realizing the lie of the club was quite flat, so I messed around with some of the Surefit settings and really liked how I was striking the ball with it 1.5 degrees upright and adding .75 degrees of loft. Then at home I did some takeaways to A2, continuing to feel connected with the arms and torso.

Days 16-17

More indoor putting on the carpet from <5 feet. The weather will be nice tomorrow and I'm looking forward to playing 18 holes.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 205

Superspeed session and mirror work. 

-Peter

Day 124 - Range work again today with focus on set up and alignment. Grass range this time. Travel day so not enough time to play. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 16.  Before my morning meeting, I went to the golf course near me to hit the range (and see ball flights) and to get video for evolvr.  I hit a small bucket at the range (range balls, off a mat, outdoors not into a net, unless you count a few drives into the net at the back of the range).  Focus was on setup, as per latest priority piece.  Some 8-iron (flight) and 6-iron full (my usual), plus a few 3H, 4W, and drives.  Then I hit some partial wedges (PW, 56) and flight wedges (same two clubs), along with a few quarter shots.  

I really don't know how to use a full small bucket anymore.  I've been spoiled by being able to hit a dozen or two at a time at home!

I also spent 15 minutes putting.  I'd have spent more, but I had to get home for a work meeting.  Putting practice was setup (grip and stance) and swing (shoulders not hands) and routine, mostly working within 10'.  The putting green here was pre-pandemic style, with real cups and such.  I missed putting this way! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

Day 186 - July 2, 2020

Hit balls for 45 minutes in the sweltering heat at CHQ after the kids lesson and before the noon lesson. Hit the ball pretty well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3: More takeaway work until A2. Continuing to focus on staying connected with the arms and chest. The trail arm is looking much better overall.

Day 206

Took a break from full swing to work on chipping and pitching. 

-Peter

Day 18

I shot a 100 playing 18 holes at my home course. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

• Administrator

Day 187 - July 3, 2020

Hit 15 balls on the range. This takes about ten minutes. All but two were really well hit, and those were a bit heavy because I was exaggerating a piece intended to help me get "into the ground" a bit more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets