IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 9:

needed to let the body recover from my swinging program.  

i spent 15 minutes practicing putting on The Master Putting System in my office. 

Everything is at the 8' distance - focused on getting the toe of the putter on the surface as i have been healing the putter lately.  Even back and forth with constant speed.  No stabbing at the ball, as well as alignment.

i used my wife's putter as i am done with my current putter.  i am in the process of setting up a putter fitting.

i also have my 2nd lesson tonight.

Edited by djake
needed to add content

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 6: Hit some balls into a net with the driver.  Trying to work on the backswing to put myself in a better position to avoid coming over the top/out to in during the downswing.

Day 7: Indoor putting drills

Tomorrow will be a range day and will have some new videos for my swing thread.

Day 137 - Range work today focusing on secondary axis tilt. My instructor wants me to set up with more.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 199 - July 15, 2020

Played 18 holes. Knocked off a hole from the birdie challenge. Almost got all three others.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 16: Putted for 10 minutes then did some 9-3 swings with the new 716 AP2s.

The more connected backswing is feeling so good.

Hitting mat will be here tomorrow and by an awesome stroke of luck, the net I ordered that was on back order until the end of the month ended up being moved up to delivery this Friday.

Day 218

Put a new hybrid in the bag today, so hit 30 balls (15 with old hybrid, 15 with new) with full swings to get an idea of how the two compare (for gapping purposes). Between the two hybrids, getting slightly more carry on the old hybrid, but it is lofted 1 degree lower, and shaft is 1 inch longer. Difference is negligible, and the look of the new club at address inspires more confidence (a touch deeper spoon shape, and larger face).

With full swing I'm not having to make a conscious effort to "feel" hip rotation anymore, which is good I think. I still try to feel it in my rehearsals/practice swings though.

Did a superspeed workout after kids were in bed.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 28.  Medicine ball drill from LSW.  I gave blood this morning so I didn't want to do any heavy impact (real swings) and I've overloaded on putting lately. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 31

Full swing practice into a net with my driver.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 10:

I had a lesson last night with the PGA Instructor at our Club last night, it was great.  I incorporated the lesson into my sklz training club work out.

30 minute workout - built up a great sweat it was great.  I have lost 11 pounds since the beginning of the year!!  i ballooned up to 241 and i touched 229 today.  1st goal meet, drop below 230.  2nd goal is 225, 3rd goal is 220 and final goal of 217 at 1 pound at a time,.

on to the workout.

Stretching exercises to start, after each swing set and to wrap up the session - hamstrings, back, shoulder and neck.

Focus points during workout.

take away - straight back, not going inside - straight back

on the balls of my feet - stop swinging from my heals 

explode those hips thru, get my weight transferred from the right to the left.  I have been living on the right hip.

sets done

2 sets of 10 cross arm with proper posture and on the balls of my feat

2 sets of 10 with the sklz tempo grip trainer

2 sets of 10 swing drill working on exploding the hips thru and lifting up for Driver

2 sets of 10 sklz gold flex, odd number swings starting with the head at about 1 foot behind where the ball would be even number swing with the head at the ball position.  

1 set of 15 baseball style singing back and forth on the balls of my feat maintaining balance while getting that core work in.  Hard and fast thru and back

each set was rotated from sklz tempo grip trainer to gold flex and back.  Izzo swing trainer band was used on all full golf swings.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 138 - Played nine this morning then went to the range in the afternoon to work on some things.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8:  Went to the range.  Intended on really trying to work on the inside out swing with the driver.  Not sure I was effective. Didn't get much good video and fell into the trap of just swinging, mostly too hard, over and over again until the bucket was done.  Then i got another bucket and did the same.

I wouldn't say it was a total waste, there were some take-aways, but i wish i was more efficient and effective with my time.  Going to try to go again tomorrow with a more specific plan.

Day 219

Did some full swings off a mat with a 7-iron. Two days out from a tournament, so just worked on pre-shot routine, and executing the swing I have now. Not going to work on priority piece anymore until after competition.

Also did some chipping/pitching practice into the net, just making sure contact was good.

Finished with a little bit of putting in my living room, making sure my new posture/alignment is natural.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 200 - July 16, 2020

Day 200! Hit balls in the morning waiting for Ben to show up for his lesson checkup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 32

I got a new 3 hybrid to replace my 3i and practiced hitting balls from different lies with it. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 29.  Did a 5' around the world drill, averaged barely over 50%.  5 on first pass, 6 on next, then it took me 4 attempts to sink the last one (if straight-uphill is at 6:00, this was the 4:00 putt).  

Also I've been calling it around the world when it should be called around the clock.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 30.  Small bucket, outdoors (off a mat), range balls, this morning.  Focused on setup and alignment;  I'm playing tomorrow.  I did a little bit of putting afterward, but no organized drills.  I may go back later for more putting and/or I might do some more indoors full swing practice today. 

-- Michael | My swing!