IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

day 29 (I think, on my phone.)

3/2/18

chipped balls in my living room for about 10 minutes.  Then, packed my bag for Florida.  Streamsong, here I come. 

Really hoping issue 3 of golfers journal shows up on the doorstep tomorrow. Anyone get this yet? Scotty Cameron made a post that he got his.

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 61

10 minutes of putting, mostly at 3 feet. Used the metal ruler for 12 putts, then just putted using the same stroke. Did a couple of putts from 6 feet using a slightly longer stroke.

Took a few driver swings, working on turn, and getting the weight to my right heel on the backswing while maintaining a little flex in my right knee.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 29

used a towel on the range for 55 minutes. Put towel under right armpit. In the beginning the towel kept dropping, finally at the end I was able to make pretty good contact without the towel falling. Really helping me on the backswing and follow through. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

3/3/18:

Day 337:

The "first move down" drill again. Working starting my downswing with my arms instead of the body, and not getting too quick in the transition.

28 days to a year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

10 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Hit driving range yesterday evening again, but the covered one since it was raining. Could not see any ball flights, but hit pretty solidly into the void :-D

Lost a little more weight, feel better at 205. 12 pounds so far...eating small frequent meals. Divided up my normal meals. Cuts out all my between meal snacks and I’m eating less because I always feel satisfied.

Edited by Lihu
Spellchecker

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 18 - working on PP (centered turn with steady head) with 7i. Just some swings in the yard...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 62

Played 9 holes today in a pretty good wind storm. Was going for 18 holes, but the windy conditions beat me up pretty good. So much for my streak of no 6s.....lol  (46)

There's always tomorrow.:-)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 93    Continuing to put in 4 hours of practice each day.  Spent 30 minutes training using my KPlayer working on address, backswing sequence, top of backswing and impact positions.   Then 3 1/2 hours on the range doing drills from my GGGA Workbook focusing on my downswing sequence when doing all the drills. 

KP2.jpg

(28)

Went to the range and practiced an hour and a half. Did a lot of work, but I would say the emphasis was just on rotating well through the shot. Swing feels great - sensation is that I'm swinging more with momentum now, and less and less by directing my hands.

day 30

3/3/18

welp, I wasn’t going to do anything today, but then while planning for my round at Streamsong, I remembered it’s walking only.  I packed my cart bag.  I’m dumb.  

Unpacked bag bag and putted in the living room for about 20 minutes.  Then switched the clubs to the walking bag and going to re-pack. 

As a side note, got my new issue of golfers journal today.  Excellent plane reading coming up.

check out my swing here

1 hour ago, lastings said:

day 30

3/3/18

welp, I wasn’t going to do anything today, but then while planning for my round at Streamsong, I remembered it’s walking only.  I packed my cart bag.  I’m dumb.  

Unpacked bag bag and putted in the living room for about 20 minutes.  Then switched the clubs to the walking bag and going to re-pack. 

As a side note, got my new issue of golfers journal today.  Excellent plane reading coming up.

When will you be there? I'm heading with there with some buddies this week. There Thursday-Sunday.

22 minutes ago, chspeed said:

When will you be there? I'm heading with there with some buddies this week. There Thursday-Sunday.

I’ll be there on Monday.. too bad it’s not same time, as I’m playing solo..

check out my swing here

Day 62

5 Minutes of putting, mostly on the ruler. A few follow ups without.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

10 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Used a swing sequencing version 3 club simulator with a swing speed radar to do the above.

4 mile power walk with my wife in the dark...

Lost a little more weight, feel much better at 203. 14 pounds so far...eating small frequent meals. Divided up my normal meals. Cuts out all my between meal snacks and I’m eating less because I always feel satisfied. Will be adding more lean protein back into my diet. More vegetables and meat, but taking away 90% of the sugars. So far, my fat intake has been well below the recommended daily. The goal is to get to 190 before putting 100% recommended intake again. I was eating probably close to 180% daily recommended before the weight loss.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 30

worked on bunker game. I used my 54 degree sand wedge for 35 minutes. Green side bunker and worked on getting it out and carrying the green short, medium, and long. Short was easy. Medium was ok, most of them being short of the flag. Long was tough, a lot to carry and my dispersion was everywhere. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Day 63

Tried something different today just for fun. Because of all the posts on Norman's single plane swing in other threads, I decide to have s go at it. 

Yesterday after paying for 18 holes, due to weather, I only finished 9 hole. The guy running the course allowed me to finish out my round. 

I have an old 5i club that when using Norman's grip, and swing the club sits pretty well at address. So I played 9 holes with that 5i, and my putter

Shot a 44, and it only took 1:15:00 :beer:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 19 - I aerated the yard yesterday, so I was working on a centerned turn without head bobbing while hitting dirt plugs x 15 mins 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

DAY 94    I went a little overboard today.   Spent 30 minutes working with my KPlayer on Backswing sequence, top of backswing positions and address.   Then 4 hours and 15 minutes on the range working on downswing sequence (hips, torso, ...) while doing lots of motion related drills.   Tomorrow's range time will be all about hitting targets.