IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Played 18 today

spent time on the range warming up

Emphasized the stuff I’ve been working on lately, weight shift, ball contact etc...

all in all it went pretty well, played a fairly well contained game considering the high winds and stiff, early season lower back pain

Need to work on flexibility and endurance so I’m not running out of steam by the end of the round

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 32 - Shoulder turn work and some easy swings. Cold and windy out. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(29)

Practiced on speeding up my arms on the downswing. Thrusting hard with my hips and body, I made it a point today to speed up the club-head with my arms. Didn't record video, and didn't hit balls - just wanted to hear a quick swish, and fly into a strong balanced finish position.

• Administrator

Day 30 - March $, 2018 - Played 18 holes in North Carolina with @NCGolfer and Mark and Brock.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 63

I spent about 20 minutes hitting balls with my driver, working on turn, tempo, and alignment. My turn is pretty decent for a 60 year old, but need to keep everything in sync and not over-turn. I slowed down the tempo a bit today, to find the center of the face. I have more work to do, but it was better than last session. I worked a little on alignment at setup, as I am having directional issues, but  i am focusing more right now on hitting the ball in the air, which was better today. I am only missing right, so that is good. Once I am consistently hitting it solidly, I will work more on direction.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 20 - Centered turn with kettle bell for balanced weight shift.  Part 2 - 6ft putts for routine reinforcement and bead work.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 31

played a round of golf today. Course was tough and had narrow fairways and crazy elevation changes. Also it had slow greens. It was tough putting shots in play, but was able to scramble to save par. After the turn it was starting to flow. I had a lot of great birdie opportunities, but left a lot of short putts and was still able to finish with par. Need more work with driver, but the rest of my game looks pretty good. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

10 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Used a swing sequencing version 3 club simulator with a swing speed radar to do the above. will be using this from now on with or without SS monitor.

Morning weight 201.5

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 64

10 minutes of putting, mostly on the metal ruler from 3 feet. Working on  aim and stroke. After rolling several all the way down the 36 inch yardstick and into the putting cup, I hit a few from 3 and 6 feet without the ruler.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

3/5/18:

Day 339:

Back to work on my first move down and path drills this morning. 5-iron swings, hit about a dozen or so balls into the net. Main focal points, start the downswing with the arms, and keep the path coming from the inside.

26 days to one full year. When I get to a year, I'll have to post my summary sentence in bold blue or green or something.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 33 - Mirror work at the gym. Focuses on hip/shoulder turn from the top through impact. I may get the hit balls later if the snow melts.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(30)

Went to the range and started to practice normal things, but I switched things up at random. Decided to practice on my pre-shot routine. I wanted to focus on getting setup quick, and swinging quick without giving myself too much time to analyze etc. 

Then I went to a nearby course and played 9 holes in about 1 hour, shooting 3 over. Hit a lot of good shots, and few bad. Good times!

Day 64

Spent about 30 minutes on the putting green this morning. Worked on reads, address, and 3-12 foot putts. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

45 minutes today of chipping work today

I practiced a new routine aimed at simplifying my current technique, improving contact with the ball, and making it more reproducible. I then applied this routine to a game of target practice and hit my mark roughly 50% of the time. 

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

DAY 95    Spent 2 hours on the range, continuing to focus on the downswing sequence...   Then spent 90 minutes on the putting green working on putts of 3 and 5 feet in length as part of the 10,000 Putt Challenge.  Tried to play 9 holes today, however, after completing the first hole, I came to the second hole with 3 groups on it!!  The course was really crowded and I had hoped to find a lull, BUT, I didn't.  The only nice thing is that I hit the fairway off the tee, hit the green in regulation, and two putted.  A par.   Lots of golf the next few days, with little time to practice so I will be using my KPlayer.

day 30

3/5/18

plsyed Streamsong blue today.  I’ll make a more extensive post about it elsewhere.  

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator

Day 31 - March 5, 2018 - Played 18 holes at the Grandover Resort on the East course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(31)

Picked up a club and swung it around for 15 mins. Trying to keep the feel with my irons that I had from yesterday, and exploring some mechanics on the down swing with driver that I was using to get the ball launching straighter/higher toward the end. Finished up by hitting a few putts into a cup at home for fun.