IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 64.  Took some time out during work today to go to my indoor practice room to repeat my practice strategy of the past week:  some motions against the wall, then two balls hit (each of which included slow practice swings and very slow backswings, both on the practice and the hit)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 13: short practice today but got in 5 minutes of the same practice. Swing looked cleaner today. Also working on delivering clubhead drill. 

• Administrator

Day 238 - August 22, 2020

Played about five holes. Hit a 3W about 300 (flat ground, not #8) at Whispering Woods on #5. Was almost on the green.

Also got super muddy trying to get Natalie's ball out of the crap on four. It wasn't even her ball. 😞

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 65.  Speed sticks in the backyard after the Northern Trust.  Did okay, didn't get red past 100 (got to 99).   This marks day 8 of protocol one since the last break of more than two days, after 18 I'll move to protocol two. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 12: not sure if this really counts... but left my clubs at my partner's house, but watched some videos and tried to do visualisation of finish position, especially shoulders square to target, belt furthest ahead (arched back) and extended legs... which I'm currently struggling with.  If it doesn't count, I'll reset to 1 tomorrow.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

47 minutes ago, Dornenglanz said:

Day 12: not sure if this really counts... but left my clubs at my partner's house, but watched some videos and tried to do visualisation of finish position, especially shoulders square to target, belt furthest ahead (arched back) and extended legs... which I'm currently struggling with.  If it doesn't count, I'll reset to 1 tomorrow.

Just my opinion, but any work should count. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself.

Heck, I do mirror work waiting for the water to heat up o for my shower. In a pinch I will use that.  

Edited by Antneye
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 32

Did a workout at home.  Tired from the business trip out West.  Worked on stopping that dreaded outside in swing.  Rotated by doing the toss the ball drill and then I used my Gold Flex and focused on that same principal of tossing the ball.  Did a solid 20 drill session with lots of stretching.  My Achilles on my right was just killing me today so I added a lot of stretching.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 256

Did some half swings working on feel for current priority piece. Did some distance mapping with Mevo for a new Edel 50 degree wedge that is replacing the GW in my iron set. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 20: Indoor putting drills.  Been pushing a lot of puts lately.  Hung a string over the putting line to check my head position.  Also worked to bring the face more closed at impact.

Day 21: Played 9 holes.  Not very well.  Putting was pretty good.  Everything else not so much.  Time to get more practice in the next few weeks.  Want to finish this year strong.  Index went up over 19.  My goal was to be an 18 this year.

Day 14

More swings focused on getting to top in proper position. It's cleaned up but not perfect. I'm also working on delivering the clubhead. I really seem to roll over my forearms quite a bit and seem to slightly be flipping the club. Working this in as well to see if I can improve that. 

• Administrator

Day 239 - August 23, 2020

Played 18 holes with @Hardspoon, @saevel25, @georgep.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 33

Played 18 today. Hitting the ball better and better.  My wife commented that this was the straightest my Drives have been all year.  I crushed a couple Drives.

Worked on using and trusting my sandwedge from 90 yards in. Significant improvement in wedge play.

- Dean

Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6

Day 66.  Busy day, but I found 5 minutes (period break in hockey) to go to my golf room and have five consecutive minutes uninterrupted.  Against the wall, then a few with a club, then repeat.  Total of 5 balls hit, but they were quality practices. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 257

Indoor putting practice today, and a little bit of swing mapping with a SW.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 34

15 minute work out.  

Did throw the ball drill, 1 swing of the sklz tempo grip trainer, throw the ball, 1 swing with sklz gold flex.  I did this rotation for for 15 minutes.

Goal, continue to fix outside in swing, paid strong attention to keeping a strong grip.  Both have been keys to the last week of hitting the ball straight

- Dean