IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 25:  Went to a practice facility in a nearby suburb with a dedicated short game practice area.  My biggest goal today was simply to check out the facility as it was my first time there.  I hit a variety of shots, but mostly worked off of instinct and feel.  Before next time, I'll study up more on actual technique and see if what I think I'm doing is real.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 18

spent about 7 minutes working on my same routine. Not happy with my swings at all today. Filmed the whole session with my new tripod that arrived today. 

woof. 

Day 36

My goal today was to get to the range and work on 135 to 200 yard shots.  All irons for me.  Wife 'honey do list got in the way.

So I grabbed an 8 iron and redid Day 3 and Day 4 drills from the Covid 30 day challenge.  It felt good to watch videos and do the drills hand in hand.0. 

Hopefully tomorrow I can get my wedge practice in and play 18

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 260

More work on priority piece with a 7-iron with half swings. Ended with some full swing shots. Did a bit of pitching and chipping technique practice into my net as well.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 70.  Barely made it, but did a 5 minute routine.  Wall mock swing, 2 balls (with a few practice swings each), hit slowly, and then once more of the full routine.  Indoors, swings with a club were made on a mat. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 19

Got my work in early thanks to a busy day at work. Same routine but seem to have made a breakthrough. I will need time to see if it is real or an aberration. Picked up a feel at the beginning of the downswing that seems to have me on plane. I filmed it to see if the feel was real and it looked good. 

Day 26:  Full swings into a net with irons and driver.  Continue to focus on stance and posture with a steady head.  Stance and posture is getting easier and easier to get into.  Today, I added free and easy as a swing thought with the stead head.  Playing 27 holes this weekend.  Looking forward to seeing if I'm able to implement what i've worked on this week.

Day 71.  After work (was only this morning for defined time commitment), I hit a few balls and did the wall drill (I'm trying to make that my default "I'm home and have five minutes" thing, even for days when I've already practiced or will practice more time later).  Then, I did speed sticks protocol 1 outside.  Got the green stick at the start to 121 and the red stick to 102.  Those are both personal bests for me I believe.  However, I couldn't get the green stick past 114 on the "swing as hard as you can" at the end, even with more than three attempts.  Wish I knew what I was doing right when I get a high number... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 38

Spent a solid 20 minutes on the putting green then I played 18.  Hitting the Driver better and better.  Just need the rest of the clubs to follow now

- Dean

Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6

• Administrator

Day 244 - August 28, 2020

Stayed after some lessons and hit some pitch shots. I really need to get some time in a mirror tomorrow. Planning to go in before lessons tomorrow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Let’s try this again. I’m getting the time in each day, just need to spend the 30 seconds and log it. 

Day 1 - Played 18, focus was on backswing hip turn. I played really well, hopefully I can build off this. 

Day 261

Did some indoor putting, and some half swings hitting into my net working on priority piece. 

-Peter

Day 27:  Played 9 holes this morning.  Also stayed after the round to practice 25+ foot putts.  My round went ok.  Driving was good, short game was improved, no major issues with putting.  The major problem today was, with the way the round played out, I only had 4 full swings with irons and I mishit all of them. I'll hit a couple balls into the net before my round tomorrow morning.  Hopefully some simple adjustment is all that is needed.

• Administrator

Day 245 - August 29, 2020

Well, I went downtown early to hit balls, and the first swing I made, my toes cried out in pain from an injury I suffered last night in soccer. Basically, I can't roll my toes on the trail foot upward (like the downswing/follow-through). I could probably get a stiffer soled shoe to help, but oh well. I practiced putting for a little bit, which I almost never do typically.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 262

Played 18 in really thick fog that never cleared. Played a lot of partial shots with longer clubs (1-2 clubs longer than GPS distance) attempting to keep the ball flight lower and visible for longer, which worked out well for the most part. Thinking this might be a good approach for normal conditions. 

-Peter

Day 20

same routine but not as clean as yesterday. Staying with what I’m working on but I’ve never mentioned that I am also working on the palmor flexion at the same time. It’s getting easier and more ingrained. 

Day 39

Hit wedges at the range and then some putting at the practice green before playing 18.  My group told me after the round that I could drop 20 strokes off of my game if I only got my short game under control.  This will be my focus all week.

- Dean