IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 72.  My social group had an online game night, and I realized I hadn't done my 5 minutes practice yet today.  I took a break to do so.  The use of wall to adjust my backswing that I've been working on for a while now, then two balls' worth of slow swings, then repeat.  Indoors, off a mat, into the net (a real ball when hitting a ball).

The annoying thing was putting on shoes just for 5 minutes of practice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 28:  Played literally the best 18 holes I've ever played.  Beat my previous best score of 89 with an 84.  Previous best 18 hole differential was 17.4, today was 14.6.  Driving was very good, approach was good enough, short game was better than its been, and I sunk a few putts.  I really don't think its any coincidence that this round comes on the day I hit 28 days of consecutive practice with focus on the priority piece from my swing thread and a few weeks after reading and understanding how to implement Lowest Score Wins.  Still lots of work ahead, still too many flat out mishits.  But I'm feeling good and having fun playing golf.  That's what its all about.

Day 21

Same routine with same focus. I posted one of my sets to my swing thread hoping for some feedback since I feel kind of stuck right now. 

• Administrator

Day 246 - August 30, 2020

Got a good 15 minutes of work in downtown. Re-connected with a few good feelings and hoping to play well tomorrow, with a small event to play in on Wednesday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 39

I played a practice round.  Hit Driver, dropped multiple balls to work on shots, focused on short game. 60 yards in, bunker shots, putting from multiple angles on the greens.

Really happy with my short game advances tonight 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 73.  Speed Sticks, protocol one, outback (outdoors), with the radar.  Not my best night, not sure what's happening, going to re-view the "how to" videos before I do these next.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 263

Worked more on priority piece. This time with faster 9-3 swings, and also working on making sure I’m covering the ball and not hanging back while focusing on my priority piece because I tend to get singularly focused on one thing then forget another thing. Got my 7-iron launch angle down from 23 degrees to ~19 degrees, and my 9-3 swing ball speed was the same as full swing, with similar carry and spin, so seems like this is moving in the right direction. Lesson in 9 days to see if I’ve made good progress. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 22

New approach today. Doing a lot of drills from covid first 4 days. Also doing a pattern of slow to the top and back to left arm parallel trying to stay on plane.  3 or 4 slow and then a swing. It looked good. I am going to keep this new routine for a few days. 

• Administrator

Day 247 - August 31, 2020

Played 18 holes at Whispering Woods.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 40

Played a Par 3 course tonight to help work on accuracy with my short irons.  My wife really enjoyed the round as well.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 29:  Practice with the Driver.  Really trying to hone in the stance and posture.  Took some video for my swing thread.  Also worked on partial swings with the lob wedge.  Trying to get consistent swing speed reading for each of my full, arm parallel, and club parallel partial swing points.  And did some indoor chipping practice.

Day 74.  This morning, I made better use than normal of my indoor practice room.  I took a few movements against the wall, then hit two balls (each with some slow practice swings), and repeated this several times.  Indoors, real balls, off a mat, into a net.  I'm going to be out of town for a few days, but I plan to continue practicing while out (stay tuned!)

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 264

Continued working on my priority piece. Wasn’t as successful as yesterday, so moved back to slow, 9-3 swings with the feel I’m using and just focused on getting in the right positions and making some sort of contact with the ball. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 23

Lots of slow swings with foam ball. Same primary piece but really trying to dial into proper A5. As it gets better other pieces are falling into place. I know I seem schizophrenic but today felt like a good day. I'm sure I will be miserable by tomorrow 😁

Day 30:  Practice into net outdoors with irons.  Priority piece is stance.  Working on a way during set up/shot routine to find the right posture for the length of the club in my hands.  I also think I may have found something today in regards to keeping my left arm straight thru impact.  Hard to say because outdoor practice was cut short due to rain.  Moved inside for chipping and putting practice.

Day 5 - Been working on my centered pivot all day, taking some video here and there. I don't know why there's such a disconnect, but I can make a good turn with the club across my shoulder. Once the club is in my hands, my hips just stop. I'll continue to work on this in the mirror.