IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 31

Same as prior days. I think I figured out that I am still rolling over my forearms quite a bit in the backswing. Added in focus of getting hands higher and back with rotation of body, not rotating my forearms. It seems to have helped with OTT, but made some horrible contact on quite a few. I’m due for a video check in if I can get out to the range

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 3

I have a neighborhood captain’s choice tourn coming up in three weeks and I’ll need to hit  seven 5W’s in that one round (a lot of doglegs which prevent Driver off the tee) so I did my Right Elbow drills with it today and will try to give that club a little more attention that usual prior to a round. 

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 47

Did 2 sets of 10 with the Sklz grip tempo swing trainer as well as 2 sets of 10 with the Sklz Gold Flex. 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 83.  Played 18 holes.  Hit 6 GIR and drove it well for the most part.  6 GIR and didn't break 90 wtf.  6.66 SLP.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 256 - Sept 9, 2020

Some backswing rehearsals in the mirror.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 273

Lesson today. A new priority piece to work on, and two minor sub-pieces.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 4

right elbow drills with 5W - hit a few on the range, then went to chip/pitch (15-20 yds) and putt for 45mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 38:  Another day of swing basics.  A really positive session.  Finally started to feel less robotic.  And the results were similar to the practice sessions a couple weeks ago when I felt like I had a breakthrough.  The problem was that I didn't understand what the breakthrough was other than it felt good and results were good.  Hopefully, doing a better job of documenting my swing sessions and swing thoughts this time around will help me when the swing goes awry.  Maybe I can get back on track sooner and sooner each time.  Of course this is just how I feel now.  We'll see how I feel after tomorrow's session, and then the 27 holes I'll play this weekend.

Day 32

same practice as prior days. Trying to work in a feel at transition to help  fix my OTT. It seems to be helping but it’s proving hard to fix completely. 

• Administrator

Day 257 - Sept 10, 2020

Hit balls after a few playing lessons and before some standard lessons. Downloading PGA Tour 2K21 on the Switch now, too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 274

Horrendous AQI today, so just did my new turn and jump drill indoors. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 84.  Speed Sticks protocol 1 in my backyard.  Finishing green swing was 116mph. 

Side note:  my round yesterday wasn't good from a scoring perspective, but I averaged 207 yards with my driver, despite a 146 yard pop-up on hole 2 and wet fairways.  200 yards used to be a good poke for me, still is some rounds.  I do attribute some of the difference to the Speed Sticks. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 48 - while under 14 day Quarantine

I copied yesterday's routine.  2 sets of 10 with SKLZ Tempo Grip Trainer and 2 sets of 10 with SKLZ Gold Flex while also using the Izzo swing trainer.  Lots of stretching as well.  Fell asleep in the chair last night before i had a chance to post  - shhhhh

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator

Day 258 - Sept 11, 2020

Putted during a playing lesson.