IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 5 - right elbow str8 with hybrid (see MySwing thread)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 39:  Full swings with Driver, 7 Iron, and Pitching Wedge trying to cement the swing basics I've been working on all week.  Another positive session.  Hopefully, doing this kind of work this week is setting a baseline for my swing to build from moving forward.  I've also got plenty of confidence now heading into the weekend.  I would not have been able to say that earlier in the week.

Day 85.  Real green, real balls, putter, did 4' drills.  12 coins around the clock, putt each in turn, pick up the coin when I've made one from it.  First iteration took me 23 putts, second took me 19.  On second iteration, I nailed 7 in a row at one point and my third go-around on the second iteration had only two coins left (9 on first, one of the remaining three on second... and then some tries). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 49

Yump another day of quarantine so no outside range, no putting green, no chipping area, no golf course just me and my SKLZ training clubs.  So here it is 2 sets of 10 with the SKLZ grip swing trainer and 2 sets of 10 with the SKLZ Gold Flex.  Really itching to play Fall golf, my favorite time of the year to play

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 275

Did some turn and jump drill reps indoors, and then went outdoors with N95 respirator and hit a few balls working on the feel. Added a pre-shot routine check of A2 to make sure I’m not dragging the club too far inside. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 6 - right elbow str8 with hybrid as yesterday

Edited by iacas
cleaned up HTML

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 86.  This morning, I went to the golf course but the range was busy.  I went to the putting green and did 6' drill, around the clock (12 markers, with 6:00 being straight up hill), pick up the coin when I make the putt.  After 29 coins I had only two (5:00 and 4:00) remaining, but it took me 36 total to finish everything.  Yikes those two! :-(  

Yes, this makes two short game days in a row, and this will likely be the case for Mon + Tues also because I have a tournament coming up.

Later in the day, I did speed sticks, protocol one (one week left until I move up to protocol two!) in my backyard.  Big green swing at the end capped at 114, which I'm pretty happy with. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 40:  Played what ended up being a practice 9 holes on my "home" course this morning (Shot a 48, a pretty typical below average round for me on this course).  No playing partner and tested the Arccos system.  Turns out I'm making the switch to Arccos.  I really liked it.  As for the golf, wasn't great.  My swing quickly deteriorated after my chip in birdie on the first (which of course doesn't count for the birdie challenge in a practice round), a three putt GIR on the 2nd, and then a duffed pitch shot and lipped out par putt on the 3rd.  All downhill from there.  Was making terrible contact on almost every shot after that.  I came back home this afternoon, did some more swings into the net. Really trying to figure out where my "swing basics" went wrong.  Turns out I believe it was mostly due to posture, and I think i was able to build a check into my pre-shot routine how to make sure the sole of the club is flat enough against the ground, and how to adjust my posture to account for the different lie angles throughout the bag. Standing more upright with the longer clubs produced much more solid contact.  I'm playing an actual 18 holes tomorrow.  We'll see if I'm able to bring that to the course.

• Administrator

Day 259 - Sept 12, 2020

Hit a bunch of wedges on the range before my students showed up (my college golf team) for playing and a little work pre-round.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 276

Did my turn and jump drill for a bit, and then hit some full swing shots with a variety of clubs to work on the feel a bit more before tomorrow’s round. 

-Peter

Day 7 - worked on straight right elbow more (it’s my PP) with 8i. The picture isn’t changing much; I think I’ll have to really slow things down to swing-mapping speed for a while with it.

-Jonny

Day 35

Based on feedback from a certain pro instructor who we are all familiar with I spent today focusing on posture and very smooth flowing slow partial swings. 

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

Day 7 - worked on straight right elbow more (it’s my PP) with 8i. The picture isn’t changing much; I think I’ll have to really slow things down to swing-mapping speed for a while with it.

Part 2 - Went to course:

1. chipping/pitching x 20mins

2. putting x 20 mins (mostly speed work)

3. Hit 5W and drivers on the range x 20mins with focus on trying to hit slight draws (Club face control). Not so successful with that, but definitely making much better ball contact with work on swing changes 

-Jonny

Day 277

Played 18, working with new feel for getting hips turning. Started off with an 8 on the first hole, and struggled with good contact on the front 9, but at the turn I decided to let go of all the technical thoughts in my head and I settled in and played much better on the last 9. 

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 260 - Sept 13, 2020

Did fifteen minutes of work at Golf Evolution on my full swing (will update Member Swing topic), then beat two of my better players in a game of 21 (a putting game) putting with a 35" Zebra for half of the match, and then a lefty Tuttle putter for the last half. Got to 16 points and drained a 20-footer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 50 another day of quarantine 

Practiced flop shots in the backyard for 30 minutes with my 56*.  The yard is thick and tough.  Uphill and downhill shots.  It was fun

Edited by djake

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx