IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

DayΒ 265 - Sept 18,Β 2020

Rehearsals in the patio glassΒ doors. Feeling as thoughΒ the shaft is \ and I'm turning against my right leg and staying into the ground there.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 92.Β  Played 18, hit 4 GIR and shot a really poor score, just like yesterday.Β  High slope rating courses, especially on first play, really get to me!Β  I have to figure out how to do better in those circumstances.Β  Β GameGolf stuff I'll get done tomorrow.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Day 282

Superspeed workout, and then started mapping my partial LW distances but it got too dark.Β 

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Damn, my post from yesterday never went through. Hope this counts.Β 

Day 39

Same practice except I moved the road to the other side towards the target line. I liked the change and am seeing continued progress

Day 40

I don't have much time today due to traveling to visit son in college so I did 5 minutes of mirror work focused on a centered pivot. Picked a spot on the mirror working my left shoulder down to it while keeping my head steady. I'm hoping to swing this evening when I get home but it might be late.Β 

5 Minutes Daily Practice - Day 1

The past month I have been struggling with my Driver, lost a lot of distance and shots all over the place except in the fairway.Β  It has been over a month since I focused any practice on it so after reading the 65-20-15 topic I decided to make that the start of my 5 Minute Daily Practice goal.

Went to the range with my wife as objective observer.Β  Her first question was "If you are hitting towards that flag, why are you aimed so far left?"Β  so I spent the next 10 minutes working on my initial setup to get better aligned with the target.Β  Was still hitting like crap, but at least aimed correctly.

Next I pulled out some Impact Stickers and quickly discovered I was hitting high on the hosel almost every shot.Β  Worked on lowering the tee and making sure I knew how high it was teed up and also setting up a little farther back from the ball. Once I started getting more consistent contact the ball was going longer and mostly on target.Β  Still need to get more consistent in the sweet spot but this a major improvement.Β  Attached is a photo of the last impact sticker.Β  Not perfect, but much better.Β  I think I will repeat this tomorrow to get the tee heightΒ and set-up distance more consistent.

Β 

Stuart 9-19-20.jpg

Stuart M.
Β 

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* /Β 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBOREΒ XLS / 4,5 & 6Β Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI /Β Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD /Β Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 /Β Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* /Β Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7SΒ /Β Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: LabattΒ Blue (or anything nice & cold)Β 

Day 12 - hit 10-15 balls working on straight right elbow w/9i

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

• Administrator

DayΒ 266 - Sept 19,Β 2020

Played 18 holes in the morning. Shot 72. Well, we skipped a hole where we were invited to play through. So 17 holes. Took a par there.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 55

I spent time in the backyard working on chipping, solid 30 minutesΒ 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smokeΒ yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility IronΒ Srixon 3 20*
Irons:Β  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -Β Β Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy GrailΒ Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 283

Worked on priority piece with 7-iron, and then mapped my distances for partial LW shots with Mevo.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 13 - straighter right elbow w/9i

Β 

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

Day 1 again. Was able to do 15 minutes of pitches and chips without pain. If I feel ok tomorrow, I will go to a course and do short game work.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day #2

Went to range and worked hitting sweet-spot more consistently, focus on not crowding the ball and proper tee heigh. Β I felt I have the initial setup andΒ teeΒ height correct, was hitting consistently 10 yards either side of target on most shots. Β Still a tendency to hit near Hozel but soΒ much better and close enough to get the β€œ forgiveness”. Β Now that I am not crowding the ball I need to work to keep my downswing on plane. Β At least many were 235-240 today which is good for me, especially if near theΒ target.

B08A167D-A22C-4AE8-85E8-FC54E3A600FE.jpeg

Edited by StuM
Added photo
  • Like 1

Stuart M.
Β 

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* /Β 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBOREΒ XLS / 4,5 & 6Β Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI /Β Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD /Β Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 /Β Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* /Β Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7SΒ /Β Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: LabattΒ Blue (or anything nice & cold)Β