IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 333 - November 27, 2020

Played 18 holes with @Hardspoon today. Back was a little funny, and it was muddy but not wet. Back was fine but my body just wouldn't cooperate and swing. Pissed me off. 🙂

3001735_QcxrjE5N.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 350

Superspeed workout. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 48: went to the range today to do some shaft/club head comparisons. I picked up a 75g Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 5.5 shaft for my 3 wood. I use a 60g for my driver, which I really like. My current 3W shaft is an Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 70g R shaft. I’ve been having trouble with dispersion with the Aldila. I also have an Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 75g R shaft which is higher launching. I did not do MEVO because this range has horrible balls. But general feel was the PX shaft launched a tiny bit lower, but it felt easier to control with a full swing.

I also put Project X LZ 5.5 shafts in my Mizuno MP59 6 and 7 irons, switching from TT AMT Black R shafts. I play these shafts in my Titleist 716 CB irons. I really like the launch and feel of these shafts. The Mizuno head launches a bit higher but felt excellent. 

There is another range that has better balls that I will go to during the week when it’s less crowded and use the MEVO.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 334 - November 28, 2020

Worked on the backswing again. Arms feel like they ONLY lift or go up, turn carries them back a little bit. Still feels like, when I do it properly, that the path is out to start and not inward at all.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1

worked on my pendulums and practiced some green reading for 20-30 mins before being picked up for an impromptu 6 holes of golf as my buddies drove by the practice area on their way to their 3rd tee box. I was topping/thinning shots today... which was weird, but hit some great sand shots and putted well (for me).  I tried the “butterfly grip” for my sand shots after watching a video and was pleasantly surprised. It felt awkward as all get-out, but produced some of my best sand shots that I can remember. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 351

Some indoor yardstick putting drill tonight. 

-Peter

Day 49: worked on my priority piece with 6 iron, 3W and driver. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 335 - November 29, 2020

20 balls downtown after some lessons/juniors. Focused on making sure the arms don’t lift AWAY - the arms LIFT and the turn carries the hands in. I don’t have to take the hands BACK as the turn does that too.

Day 2

went to course for an hour of chip & putt. Worked on Pendulums but was frustrated as this course rolled closer to a 10 whereas the course I went to yesterday was closer to an 8. So my pace was way off and (while a better putter would be able to make those quick adjustments) I really struggled to find the right pace for those 30-40ft lags. 
Chipping was decent.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 352

Played 18 today. Really stiff and sore from painting and moving furniture around all weekend, so only carried 8 clubs. Focused on good takeaway/backswing and tempo. Played pretty well, except for 2 holes where I was +7. 

-Peter

Day 1 Week 6

Great day, just felt real nice, solid 60 minutes.

Sklz Gold Flex 3 sets of 10, core work, lots of stretching mixed into hitting balls.  Worked on 5i, 3Utility, 2Utility, 5W, and finished with Driver.

Added in about 20 minutes of putting

Edited by djake
add content

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 3 - full swing work with 8i. Focused on club head back & up with Straighter Right elbow.

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 336 - November 30, 2020

Did some backswing work with MirrorVision after the demo time limit expired. 🙂

Day 353

Warmed up hitting some 8-irons working on takeaway/backswing, and then did a superspeed workout. 

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 337 - December 1, 2020

Backswing work for 20 balls. Rotation, rotation, rotation with the arms only going UP.