IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 20 - soft/straighter right elbow with 8i into net x 10mins this morning. A little chilly out. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 22 (4,10) - Same idea as yesterday...  really trying to hone in that forearm rotation in the takeaway and backswing.  Used the smart ball today.

Day 102: Arctic today so just pitching and chipping in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 406

Got a little bit of full swing work done outdoors before rain started, and then did some indoor putting.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 391 - January 24, 2021

Backswing work focusing on A1-A3 and two things: the right elbow bending a bit earlier, the right knee staying slightly more flexed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 20 - half swings with the 5-7-9 irons. Focused on consistent ball contact and follow through.  A good session with few bad strikes, most shots going/landing where planned....of course using practice foam balls as this was a backyard day. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

DAY 52  January 24th   I spend almost 4 hours on the range continuing to work on more rotation, and less head movement.  The video of my swing looks a lot better than a month ago... So I feel I am making progress.  I continue to use the drills from "Train for Golf Like an Olympian."  Hitting 12 balls with each drill, doing rehearsal swings between balls hit. 

22 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Day 20 - soft/straighter right elbow with 8i into net x 10mins this morning. A little chilly out. 

Day 21 - same

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 103: Worked on my priority piece and then did SuperSpeed. Cold but not windy. Finished with 8 iron 70% swings with the Soft Trail arm feel. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 23 (5,11) - Rented a practice bay at the PGA store.  Wanted to get a better idea of ball flight than hitting into a net.  Also hit the driver for the first time since overhauling my takeaway.  Overall, I was pleased, but still have a long ways to go to where I am able to repeat this takeaway and backswing every time.

DAY 53  January 25th.   I went to the putting green.. started with working on starting the ball on line using the Pelz Putting Tutor.  Did that for 30 minutes... I try to do this each time I practice putting, since I want to be sure I can start the ball on line.  Then set up the STAR Drill.  I easily made 25  in a row from three feet.  When I moved the tees back to four feet, it was a MAJOR struggle.  As I took a few moments to analyze  what was happening.. it was ALL about the clutter in my mind... took a few cleansing breaths... worked on clearing my mind.  Then started again, and made 25 four footers in a row.  Who said, this game in NOT mental!!

I stopped after last Thursday.  Total frustration with golf and sat back to figure out what was going wrong.  Developing a new plan, one that is not so ambitious but one that my body can handle.

Day 1

Stretching - oh how I constantly need this. Gold Flex activity, did a warm up set before starting drills.

Worked on Driver, 5i, 7i, 9i, 48* hit about 35 balls focusing on drills.  Contact improved, alot!  Consistent center face, still had toe shots but a lot fewer.

I was getting my body to tired before starting to do my golf drills which lead to poor results.

Finished up with lower levels of Gold Flex then previous weeks.  

I am happy

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

More putting at 3' - 4' - 5', focused on not lifting head to look.  Some focus work on weight shift in backswing through downswing - teaching the body to shift and not stay on the back foot. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 392 - January 25, 2021

Good 45 minutes or so today. Maybe 50 balls, maybe a bit more. Added a little wrist hinge to help the club feel like it's gone back far enough sooner. Also helps the elbow fold a bit more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 407

Superspeed workout and a little full swing work with 7-iron before to warm up. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1