IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 24 - stopped by course on the way home this afternoon and did some chipping. Wind was up...freezing 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 106: Chipping in the basement. Focused on the pivot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 395 - January 28, 2021

Good 20 minutes with the swing feeling up and out away from me, with both the elbow and the wrist hinge.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 4

Morning Session:  Recapped Day 1 of Covid drills then I did Day 2 of the drill.  25 minute session

Evening Session:

Warmed up with GF Multi - stretching, added more strectcing

Did a recap of Covid Day 2 drills then hit Driver, 6i, 9i, 7i, 8i 

Finished with GF Left handed, Right handed and Core - all GF drills +5 from yesterday

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

DAY 56  January 26   I got out to the range in the afternoon for almost three hours.  I worked on a single thing for almost the entire time.  I worked on improving my left wrist position at impact.  I have a tendency to be a flipper... and this has hurt my consistency.  So today all about the left wrist position.  To make it more random, and engage my brain, I varied the clubs from 3 wood, to 5 iron to 7 iron to pitching wedge.   Then I hit a dozen drives and just bombed them -- for me!!! LOL!!

• Like 1

Day 410:

Superspeed workout, and did some full swing driver practice.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 24 - slo mo swings w/7i in the house - focusing on keeping the head steady, sensing weight shift in the feet.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 26 (9,15) - More work on takeaway.  Tried to unify even more the shoulder turn and forearm rotation from the initial move back.

Day 25 - blast putting in the office x 15mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 25 - Back to full swing work in the yard today - even on the frozen ground.  Irons skate really good on frozen grass/turf.   Focus today  - foot work, specifically stance width.  Played around with narrowing the stance on the irons, I believe I have been having too wide a stance and that has inhibited the body rotation.  Finding that just narrowing it by 3 inches or so makes all the difference.  Want to work on that more - so maybe that will be the Saturday exercise.  Overall - shot trajectory was much more consistent.  Seeing positives by making small adjustments with each session.    

Edited by WillieT
forgot to put the day I'm on in the body of the post

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 107: worked on chipping aim in the basement. Put a vertical tape up and tried to hit it.  Also did short chips toward the hole in my putting mat.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5

Halted my Gold Flex work out.  Need to listen to the body, getting joint pain.  My right knee was flaring up.

I did Day 22 of the Covid challenge.  Really needed this drill to get things squared away with set up.

Once I finished doing those drills I used my 8 iron and started with small short swings keeping Day 22 in mind.  Worked up 1/4 then 1/2 then 3/4 and finally finished with 5 full swings.  Also kept in mind getting wide on back swing.

Very happy with center face contact.  Yesterday I was either center or toe contact.  Today, center thru all, well except the very first ball that I missed the net and lost the ball somewhere in my warehouse, uffda.

Great day, set up fixed, center contact where it should be, ball was going down line excellent.  

Just really happy - great 40 minute practice session

23 hours ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

DAY 56  January 26   I got out to the range in the afternoon for almost three hours.  I worked on a single thing for almost the entire time.  I worked on improving my left wrist position at impact.  I have a tendency to be a flipper... and this has hurt my consistency.  So today all about the left wrist position.  To make it more random, and engage my brain, I varied the clubs from 3 wood, to 5 iron to 7 iron to pitching wedge.   Then I hit a dozen drives and just bombed them -- for me!!! LOL!!

Great to read you bombed some Drives!  Very happy for you.  You have been working hard and it is paying off.  Keep it up @JuanTheGolfer

• Like 1

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

DAY 57  January 29th.   Went to the range when the temperature got up to 64!  Yes I am a "weather whimp!"  Spent 2 1/2 hours working through drills again from the book, "How to Train For Golf Like An Olympian."  As I was working through these drills I was focus on better impact position with my left wrist getting into a better position.  When I do this, I feel like I can hit the ball as hard and fast as possible using the energy from my right arm extending.  Also did lots of swings with the Gold Flex, dynamic stretches, ... 

• Administrator

Day 396 - January 29, 2021

Full swing work before a lesson, and after I kicked a guy out of the hitting area. 😄 (Not really.) I wish I had more time today, but it was going well. It still feels SO FAR out and away from me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 411:

Tried to find some feels/thoughts for covering the ball better. Tried some different things hitting half shots with 7-iron and then some hybrid. Yard is a little too muddy for setting up tripod, but it’s supposed to dry up a bit over the weekend and next week so might be able to get some video to check on this one. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 26 - PP work with focus on straighter right elbow hitting maybe 20 balls into net out back.

-Jonny