iacas

Day 4

Morning Session:  Recapped Day 1 of Covid drills then I did Day 2 of the drill.  25 minute session

Evening Session:

Warmed up with GF Multi - stretching, added more strectcing

Did a recap of Covid Day 2 drills then hit Driver, 6i, 9i, 7i, 8i 

Finished with GF Left handed, Right handed and Core - all GF drills +5 from yesterday

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 56  January 26   I got out to the range in the afternoon for almost three hours.  I worked on a single thing for almost the entire time.  I worked on improving my left wrist position at impact.  I have a tendency to be a flipper... and this has hurt my consistency.  So today all about the left wrist position.  To make it more random, and engage my brain, I varied the clubs from 3 wood, to 5 iron to 7 iron to pitching wedge.   Then I hit a dozen drives and just bombed them -- for me!!! LOL!!

• Like 1

Day 24 - slo mo swings w/7i in the house - focusing on keeping the head steady, sensing weight shift in the feet.  

Day 25 - Back to full swing work in the yard today - even on the frozen ground.  Irons skate really good on frozen grass/turf.   Focus today  - foot work, specifically stance width.  Played around with narrowing the stance on the irons, I believe I have been having too wide a stance and that has inhibited the body rotation.  Finding that just narrowing it by 3 inches or so makes all the difference.  Want to work on that more - so maybe that will be the Saturday exercise.  Overall - shot trajectory was much more consistent.  Seeing positives by making small adjustments with each session.    

Edited by WillieT
forgot to put the day I'm on in the body of the post

Day 28 - Been working on one of the Key #2 drills, it really seems to be helping. Let's me really focus on both my backswing and getting my weight forward. Here's the drill:

Day 5

Halted my Gold Flex work out.  Need to listen to the body, getting joint pain.  My right knee was flaring up.

I did Day 22 of the Covid challenge.  Really needed this drill to get things squared away with set up.

Once I finished doing those drills I used my 8 iron and started with small short swings keeping Day 22 in mind.  Worked up 1/4 then 1/2 then 3/4 and finally finished with 5 full swings.  Also kept in mind getting wide on back swing.

Very happy with center face contact.  Yesterday I was either center or toe contact.  Today, center thru all, well except the very first ball that I missed the net and lost the ball somewhere in my warehouse, uffda.

Great day, set up fixed, center contact where it should be, ball was going down line excellent.  

Just really happy - great 40 minute practice session

23 hours ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

DAY 56  January 26   I got out to the range in the afternoon for almost three hours.  I worked on a single thing for almost the entire time.  I worked on improving my left wrist position at impact.  I have a tendency to be a flipper... and this has hurt my consistency.  So today all about the left wrist position.  To make it more random, and engage my brain, I varied the clubs from 3 wood, to 5 iron to 7 iron to pitching wedge.   Then I hit a dozen drives and just bombed them -- for me!!! LOL!!

Great to read you bombed some Drives!  Very happy for you.  You have been working hard and it is paying off.  Keep it up @JuanTheGolfer

• Like 1

DAY 57  January 29th.   Went to the range when the temperature got up to 64!  Yes I am a "weather whimp!"  Spent 2 1/2 hours working through drills again from the book, "How to Train For Golf Like An Olympian."  As I was working through these drills I was focus on better impact position with my left wrist getting into a better position.  When I do this, I feel like I can hit the ball as hard and fast as possible using the energy from my right arm extending.  Also did lots of swings with the Gold Flex, dynamic stretches, ... 

• Administrator

Day 396 - January 29, 2021

Full swing work before a lesson, and after I kicked a guy out of the hitting area. 😄 (Not really.) I wish I had more time today, but it was going well. It still feels SO FAR out and away from me.

Day 411:

Tried to find some feels/thoughts for covering the ball better. Tried some different things hitting half shots with 7-iron and then some hybrid. Yard is a little too muddy for setting up tripod, but it’s supposed to dry up a bit over the weekend and next week so might be able to get some video to check on this one.