iacas

DAY 65  February 6th   I will be doing my 5 Minutes indoors for the next three days, as I am Chair of a group of volunteers for the Heroes Ladies Invitation golf tournament. ..  If you have been following me I have been working on eliminating the sway off the ball on the backswing and forward of the ball on the downswing.  So today I spent time working on my downswing, by putting my lead foot against a wall, setting up in golf posture, then with my hands across my chest, turning back and through.  On the through, my shoulders and arms do not hit the wall so I am not swaying... what I can say after doing this lots of times today, is that is shows tightness in my left hip.   Can't wait to take this to the range on Wednesday.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 34 - more putter work (rainy morning) on the indoor putting green, work from 3ft, 5ft & 7ft.  Worked in 8 ball sets - had to make 6of8 before to next distance.  3 pretty consistent, but 2’ changes things.  Also got outside to make some full swings working on getting weight forward on the downswing...used a homemade rocker board to help the weight shift sensation.

DAY 66  February 7th  Continued to do a Mike Bender drill that focuses on rotating and not swaying as you work your way through the downswing.  Using my home office wall instead of the famous Mike Bender Green Wall.

DAY 67  February 8th  Seems like I just posted this yesterday.... I guess I did since I am doing the same thing in my limited time available.  Continued to do a Mike Bender drill that focuses on rotating and not swaying as you work your way through the downswing.  Using my home office wall instead of the famous Mike Bender Green Wall.

Day 38 - Changes aren't sticking as well as I'd like, so today I'm really exaggerating a slow, overly steep backswing with excessive hip turn.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Really to quote Jack, saying the course doesn't suit your game well Hello your game needs to suit all different course setups...
    • I’m just curious if you know his swing speed compared to yours? What ball is he using? And of course the golden question for me is, have you switched drivers just to see the results? I mean, if he hits your driver 10-20yds further than you using his……
    • Day 58: Hit 10 balls, lots of rehearsing in between swings, working on some stuff from my last lesson.
    • A friend and I played golf today. He's a bit shorter and more slender than I am but I am a bit more agile and a bit stronger than he is. When we both drove our balls down the fairway he was fairly consistently longer than me by 10 to 20 yards. The 18th hole was a par 4 and I gave it everything I had and hit a good ball center face right down the pipe and dang if he didn't fly one by me. Talking about it with him we noted that he is using a 47 inch shaft and mine is about 1.5 inches shorter. Both are "R" flex. Mine is a EvenFlo RipTide 5.5 "R" flex graphite. I didn't get the make on his. So, @Adam C(or anyone else, of course) if you have a few moments and can take pity on a poor old geezer who simply wants to beat the tar another poor old geezer off the tee ( in a friendly manner and not spend a fortune doing it), is there another longer shaft or shafts that you could maybe recommend for me sight unseen? Hopefully one that I can get without selling the wife's car (although if it's needed...) 😁 Arccos says I hit the fairway about 85% of the time and my misses are evenly distributed left and right. I'm using a PXG 0211 10.5 degree driver in standard setting with CP2 midsize grip.
    • This is misinformation. The head speed is fairly proportional to club length. There is a reason why Bryson was toying with very long drivers, and it's the same reason that a 7i head speed is less than driver head speed from the same golfer. You are completely right to be worried about distance loss when going with something shorter, and decreasing loft is a potential answer. The only way to know what your distance will be with a given club is to test it. I will say that with similar strike quality, your guess seems close (26 degree with longer shaft and 22 with shorter should yield similar results), but the only way to know for sure is to try it.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Donald Sutherland
      Donald Sutherland
      (75 years old)
    2. LBlack14
      LBlack14
      (56 years old)
    3. wadekilpatrick76
      wadekilpatrick76
      (45 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...