IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

DAY 65  February 6th   I will be doing my 5 Minutes indoors for the next three days, as I am Chair of a group of volunteers for the Heroes Ladies Invitation golf tournament. ..  If you have been following me I have been working on eliminating the sway off the ball on the backswing and forward of the ball on the downswing.  So today I spent time working on my downswing, by putting my lead foot against a wall, setting up in golf posture, then with my hands across my chest, turning back and through.  On the through, my shoulders and arms do not hit the wall so I am not swaying... what I can say after doing this lots of times today, is that is shows tightness in my left hip.   Can't wait to take this to the range on Wednesday.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

day 32 - played today. Shot 83 (diff 11.6). But my putting was decent: 

41BE6FE0-794B-4FF9-8433-A74B1BAD27AD.png

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 419:

More indoor putting, working on bead, again. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 405 - February 6, 2021

Good 30-ball session today. Worked on the right wrist not bending back too early near A4.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 33 - slow swings in front of mirror working on PP

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 116: Snowy day, so just putting and chipping in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 34 - more putter work (rainy morning) on the indoor putting green, work from 3ft, 5ft & 7ft.  Worked in 8 ball sets - had to make 6of8 before to next distance.  3 pretty consistent, but 2’ changes things.  Also got outside to make some full swings working on getting weight forward on the downswing...used a homemade rocker board to help the weight shift sensation.

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

DAY 66  February 7th  Continued to do a Mike Bender drill that focuses on rotating and not swaying as you work your way through the downswing.  Using my home office wall instead of the famous Mike Bender Green Wall.

Day 420:

Indoor putting during super bowl. Back to full swing work tomorrow. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 406 - February 7, 2021

Ten minutes at the end of a long day. I was pretty late getting to Lowe's, but at least the car wash was less busy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 117: SuperSpeed and some chipping work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 67  February 8th  Seems like I just posted this yesterday.... I guess I did since I am doing the same thing in my limited time available.  Continued to do a Mike Bender drill that focuses on rotating and not swaying as you work your way through the downswing.  Using my home office wall instead of the famous Mike Bender Green Wall.

Day 34 - straighter right elbow in front of mirror

-Jonny