IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 417 - February 18, 2021

Good two hour session (with many small breaks). Video in my Swing topic when it's uploaded.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 127: Worked on my priority piece drill with 6 iron and driver. Also played with the same feel with longer chips.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day Five! 

Worked on backswing swing speed. Faster at A1, Slowing down at A3-A4

Still fit in the weight shift back. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 431:

Started with some COVID-19 day-5 drills. Did some full swing 7-iron for warmup, working on a better backswing and recentering chest/flow. The did superspeed workout, and hit some balls with driver/Mevo to measure speed.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 1.  So much for the previous attempt ;-) 

Today, I took an afternoon break to go putt.  The first course I drove to, the closer one to me, had only one available hole on its practice green, and that was cut into a steep hill.  Why do practice designers do this?  Break is important, shelves are important, but a hole there... I couldn't place a ball where it would stop within two feet of the hole.  

So I went to another course, one with its entire practice green at an angle, but putt I could.  After some warm up, it took me 25 putts to finish a 4' around the world.  Well, that's what rust gets me -- right back to where I was before I paused. 

This evening, after work, I spent 30 minutes hitting (about as many) balls indoors, off a mat, into a net.  Many were hit well.  Maybe my upcoming rounds will resemble my ones at the end of last year.  Now if only I could get back to 2019 form 🙂 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 2 - working on grip consistency by picking up a wedge in my office through out the day.  Checking my left hand is holding the face square and folding the right hand over it.

Day 45 (Feb 19 2021) - more inside work today as the weather is 100% rain.  Worked on the takeaway (good arm position) to the top of backswing as I tend to want to collapse everything (bent left arm, less than 90deg elbow in right).  If you don't set the stage right, it won't happen.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 418 - February 19, 2021

Good 50-ball session today (plus some pitching practice as I'm teaching that to my juniors this weekend). Focused on turning into my right hip and up alongside the same elbow/hinge "out and up" stuff. Hit about half of the balls, maybe 30, with a 9I today. The shorter length was a nice change of pace, as it's a little "easier" to do some of the things, including having a relatively shorter golf swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 128: it snowed all day but didn’t accumulate. Worked on chip motion in the basement.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 44 - some slow swing mapping inside with 7i

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 432:

Did some Covid-19 backswing drills (forget if it was day 2 or 3) and then some day-5 drills. Then full swing 7-iron working on flow/recentering.

-Peter

Day 129: Worked on my priority piece drill with 6 iron and driver.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 433:

Played 18 today. Added COVID-19, day-3, “left arm and reach” drill into my rehearsals pre-shot to help keep my right arm straight and left arm from getting pinned to my chest during backswing.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

Day 46 (Feb 20 2021) - Shot work in the yard - most of the shots taken were with the 8i and 54* focusing on chips....very easy to know when you’re fat as very soggy ground shows no mercy. Challenging to say the least. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day Six! 

1. Backswing work A1 to A2 feeling the weight shift to my right foot 
2. Make backswing with left wrist facing away from me. Feels facing down at the ground from A1 to A2.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 45 - slow backswings with 8i with focus on club head back & up

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny