iacas

Day 47 - Got my latest Evolvr feedback, working on getting that right leg fully extended in my backswing. This should help my fully turn my hips.

Day 431:

Started with some COVID-19 day-5 drills. Did some full swing 7-iron for warmup, working on a better backswing and recentering chest/flow. The did superspeed workout, and hit some balls with driver/Mevo to measure speed.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1.  So much for the previous attempt ;-) 

Today, I took an afternoon break to go putt.  The first course I drove to, the closer one to me, had only one available hole on its practice green, and that was cut into a steep hill.  Why do practice designers do this?  Break is important, shelves are important, but a hole there... I couldn't place a ball where it would stop within two feet of the hole.  

So I went to another course, one with its entire practice green at an angle, but putt I could.  After some warm up, it took me 25 putts to finish a 4' around the world.  Well, that's what rust gets me -- right back to where I was before I paused. 

This evening, after work, I spent 30 minutes hitting (about as many) balls indoors, off a mat, into a net.  Many were hit well.  Maybe my upcoming rounds will resemble my ones at the end of last year.  Now if only I could get back to 2019 form 🙂 

Day 2 - working on grip consistency by picking up a wedge in my office through out the day.  Checking my left hand is holding the face square and folding the right hand over it.

Day 45 (Feb 19 2021) - more inside work today as the weather is 100% rain.  Worked on the takeaway (good arm position) to the top of backswing as I tend to want to collapse everything (bent left arm, less than 90deg elbow in right).  If you don't set the stage right, it won't happen.   

• Administrator

Day 418 - February 19, 2021

Good 50-ball session today (plus some pitching practice as I'm teaching that to my juniors this weekend). Focused on turning into my right hip and up alongside the same elbow/hinge "out and up" stuff. Hit about half of the balls, maybe 30, with a 9I today. The shorter length was a nice change of pace, as it's a little "easier" to do some of the things, including having a relatively shorter golf swing.

Day 432:

Did some Covid-19 backswing drills (forget if it was day 2 or 3) and then some day-5 drills. Then full swing 7-iron working on flow/recentering.

Day 433:

Played 18 today. Added COVID-19, day-3, “left arm and reach” drill into my rehearsals pre-shot to help keep my right arm straight and left arm from getting pinned to my chest during backswing.

Edited by Darkfrog

Day 46 (Feb 20 2021) - Shot work in the yard - most of the shots taken were with the 8i and 54* focusing on chips....very easy to know when you’re fat as very soggy ground shows no mercy. Challenging to say the least.