IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

3/17/18:

Day 351:

Continued working on my first move down drill. Just trying to get the feeling that I'm keeping my right arm close to my body. So which my body doesn't out race my arms.

14 days to one year, 2 weeks to go. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 43 - March 17, 2018 - Practiced between junior sessions a little bit today.

Won a match against them by putting with my foot, too. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 117   Spent 2 hours on the putting green working on the 10,000 Putt Challenge -- today I focused on stability in my lower body.  Had lunch then 3 solid hours on the range, working on my backswing and downswing sequence -- using the GGGA Motion Drills.  Then 2 holes of golf to clear my mind of swing thoughts -- 2 FWYs 2 GIR 4 Putts -- 2 easy pars.

Day 4 

1/2 hour chopping, breaking in new wedges

1/2 hour spent rehearsing key positions in my backswing and transition

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Day 3 - Stretching and Shoulder turn work today with a bit of a rest day. Hit the ball better yesterday but need work with the driver for sure!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Day 43 - March 17, 2018 - Practiced between junior sessions a little bit today.

Won a match against them by putting with my foot, too. ;-)

Ever tried putting with a broom?

3/18/18:

Day 352:

Did my path drill with the soda bottles and my first move down drill. The path drill was more of a confirming that my first move down drill was being done correctly. As I just added the next piece to it.

13 days to 1 year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 77

More carpet putting this morning. Easy stuff. My shoulder is feeling well enough, that I can now make a two handed stroke without much discomfort. 

Focus was on hitting my line using a coin for an intermediate target, and rolling the ball over it. 

Wife has a few things to do later in town. Going to have her drop me off at the short game practice area. If I can putt, I can chip. The club house also has a huge flat screen, and $7 pitchers of beer.........just in case. :-P

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 32 - played...terribly. But, did ok with low point control. Putting routine was definitely helpful. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 5:

went to the driving range today, followed by 9 holes, followed by a little more driving range. 

worked on the changes made to setup and tempo from my lesson on Friday. let arms freely dangle when I grab the club at address, "pause" at the top of the back swing, little more back knee flex, start downswing with my lower body. Quailty of ball contact was noticeaby improved. Swing actually felt easier and more natural, divots in front of the ball... it felt really good. 

So I brought these changes to the course and had a pretty good round all things considered. 

Went back to the range after and worked on noticeable issues... namely my new 3 wood which I use off the tee. I'd hit some errant shots, mostly pop ups, so ironed out tee height and continued to focus on a more deliberate tempo... results were impressive. 

Edited by divot dave
added "day 5"

IN MY BAG

DAY 118    Spent 4 hours on the range, using the drills from pages 176-179 of "Train for Golf Like an Olympian" by Gilchrist and Huffman.  Changing up the drills that are still connected to my coach at GGGA keeps me fresh. Working on sequence off the downswing.   Then played one hole of golf to clear my mind of swing thoughts.  1 FIR, 1 GIR and 2 putts later it was a par.  Hit the ball well on the one hole played.  Always looking for indications of progress!!   Sticking with the process will eventually insure results.

Lexi 18 Strong.jpg

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

On 3/17/2018 at 11:44 AM, Lihu said:

Went to the fitness center to do some cardio and Golf specific workout.

Did roller work and some Kettleball.

More roller and kettle...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hit a bucket of balls this afternoon. Just hit with pitching wedge and sand wedge. Practice placing ball on green from 100 yards. 

I will go to range once a week. 

• Administrator

Day 44 - March 18, 2018 - Backswing work, just hitting from there. Not worrying too much about the downswing. Right elbow bends early, backswing feels wide, helps it stop at the right place. A bit slower, too.

Hit some pitch shots too, focusing on clean contact, particularly from some really tight and firm lies.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3/19/18:

Day 353:

More work with the first move down drill making sure that my right elbow is close to my right side as I lead my body with my arms, so I don't "outrace" my arms with my body. Probably only doing this drill at about 50% speed.

I'm hoping this weather turns the corner soon. With the Masters coming up, I usually like to have at least one or two rounds of golf in by then, but we'll see.

Can you believe I'm only 12 days, from posting and practicing everyday for one full year?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 4 - Playing 18 today. Will focus on good contact. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 33 - 8' putts for bead work and routine reinforcement.  Any one have tips on how to judge speed??????? I suck at it.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 78

Went to the course practice green for putting practice. Shoulder is still a bit sore. 

Focused on reads from different areas to one practice pin. I only use one ball when doing this to simulate on course conditions. 

I was dropping the ball at the edge of the green, and putting from there.Two putts were par. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 6:

swing drills with no ball.

slow motion practice hitting positions in my backswing

then I did full swing work using my zepp device as a guide for tempo, hip rotation, and swing speed.

IN MY BAG