Day 62 (Mar 9 2021)- Try again Tuesday.  Got to get out on the course.  Course was pretty open - was able to work on pitches just off the green.  Also worked on splashing shots from the green side bunker on 18.  Really getting a feel fit the bounce of the wedges.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Day 462 - April 4, 2021 Played 18 holes with @Hardspoon and then a nine-hole scramble with @NatalieB. Shot 30 on the latter nine, and around par with the first 18. I haven't gone through the roun

Posted Images

Day 449:

Covid-19 day-3, -4, and -5 drills. Then did a recentering/flow mirror drill I found on AMG. Then a little bit full swing with 6-iron.

• Administrator

Day 436 - March 9, 2021

Played 14 holes (before I had to leave for my Rules webinar) at Whispering Woods. Hit a few good shots, but hit a lot more that, even if they were "fine," didn't feel quite right. Need a small re-set.

Day 16.  Took several work breaks to hit 8- and 6-irons, indoors, off a mat, into a net.  At least one block was five minutes long.  Today should have been speed sticks day, I realized while sitting down to a very late dinner. 

Day 63 (Mar 10 2021) - Called today walk-about Wednesday as I felt I was down-under in Australia where all is opposite.  Worked on "left handed" shots, yes using a lefty 9i to work on mechanics of the swing.  Totally, totally alien.  Followed it with chip shots with a regular 8i to the net.  

• Administrator

Day 437 - March 10, 2021

Played 18 holes at Lawrence Park. I'm going to write more up on this later. It was bad for awhile, then I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. After I recorded myself.

Day 450:

Did some Covid-19 day-5 drills, then hit some balls with 7-iron to warmup. Then superspeed workout.

Day 17.  Did a 25-ball putting drill off a ruler, indoors.  Missed 2 left and 2 right, rest were right down the ruler and several yards beyond.  Somehow, for as bad a putter as I am, I seem to excel at this drill, leading me to conclude that 'bead' is not my putting problem

Day 64 (Mar 11 2021) - Today was tender-foot Thursday as my left foot (partial transmet amputee with grafted skin) has let me know it was not happy with the 13,000 plus steps on Tuesday (per my Garmin S20), which included a round of golf (in a cart) plus a stroll of about 2 city blocks.  When my foot gets in this mode, my body tends to "defend" the foot and I subconsciously stay on the back foot, i.e. the good one, which makes for messy swings.  I realized this last year during the COVID-19 30 day Challenge.  and it continues to be something I will need work on to achieve that balance to where the foot (and mind) are okay with the pressure that happens when most of my weight is on that foot.  Spent time working on getting centered, coming up in the backswing, shifting my weight to have more on the front foot and swinging easy.   

For some reason, yesterday’s post did not make it in. User error.

Day 147: Worked on my PP with the BB2000 and filmed it. Then did SuperSpeed. Weird observation: I’m not going up with the blue stick and have slid a bit to around 102. But my driver is going up. Finished the session with 99, 100 and 98 driver swings hitting a ball.

Day 148: Range work focusing on set up and aim. Started with my drill to warm up then worked through the bag starting at PW, 8, 6 iron, 4H, 3W, Driver. Then with 58, 54, 51 wedges, 9, 7 and 5 iron. For my wedges and short irons I can set up square to target and get little draws. For longer irons, a little open stance gets a slight push draw. With woods, I seem to do better with a bigger push, so I open the face for a 20-30 yard push with a slight draw. If I close it down, then the hooks happen.

Short game area was roped off, so I didn’t get to work on any of that.

Day 451:

Did some short game, leading edge shot practice with 7, 8, 9-irons and PW from the new set to get a sense for how they feel on these shots. Also tried out some lower body feels with full swing, just experimenting though.

• Administrator

Day 438 - March 11, 2021

Ten minutes downtown after a lesson and an Analyzr test. Exaggerated the shaft going / and results were familiar and good (after a few shanks). 😄

Day 18.  As per my usual, breaks during the day were handled by 8- and 6-iron shots (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls).  Arm is still a little sore from giving blood yesterday, so this actually helped me focus on slow swings when practicing! 

Day 149: worked with the MEVO in the morning. Then in the afternoon, I work a bit on rhythm with easy swings with my wedges and irons. I needed a break from my drill.