IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 153: Arctic out today, high 20s and 20-30mph winds. Needless to say there was no outdoor work. I painted the porch ceiling and only had some time for putting on the rug.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 455:

Too wet/slippery for superspeed workout today. Did some more practice working on recentering/flow, feeling like my right hip is elevated making it easy to fall into my left side.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 442 - March 15, 2021

Nearly two hours today, but the first half was not as productive as it should have been. I worked on some "meh" stuff, and then finally started working on some good things. Wrists firmer, swing length… controlling the backswing.

The last 30 minutes was after a few hours and was pretty solid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 22.  Practiced with 6- and 7-iron (indoors, real balls, off a mat, into the net) before heading out to the range to hit a few outdoors and get some video.  Hopefully I'll have a real priority piece again soon instead of whatever I've been doing (which is hitting balls with more of a maintenance mentality)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 69 (16 Mar 2021) - raw rainy day, so inside it is.  Worked on putting used the rug in the living room with its hexagon print to provide lag zones.  Putts were limited to about 10' but it was good to work on pace of putt.  The goal was to roll the putt to the center (roughly 12" on diagonal) - focusing on getting it to stop within the hexagon.  Figuring in the center is in the cup, in the hexagon is a tap in.   Then moved to the putting mat in the hall using the pacing work from the rug drill to help get the ball to the elevated hole and in consistently.  As my putting has been pretty iffy in the 6-10' range so far, this drill needs to be a daily exercise.  Not to replace but in addition to. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 3. 

Stuck indoors again, and not much time today.  Glad for the posts or likely would be skipping...

about 10min of bump and run chips off the basement carpet.  Hitting into a sheet and aiming for different patterns on the "net" so had some feedback on direction and height control.

Day 154: Painted all day and I’m playing tomorrow, so I just did some swings with 9, 6, 5W and Driver to get my feels down for tomorrow. About 20 minutes.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 456:

Hit some balls with 7-iron, focusing on reinforcing my recentering/flow feel, and also working on the co-priority piece of more palmar flexion. I feel like the recentering/flow element is coming along nicely based on low point control improvement, but palmar flexion is not as consistent, so will continue to work on that. After getting warmed up with those swings, I did what felt like a pretty poor superspeed workout, and then hit some balls with driver/Mevo to check speed numbers.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 443 - March 16, 2021

I thought I’d have more time, but I didn’t, so I did some work in the mirror while watching some TV.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 23.  Speed sticks, protocol one.  Still stuck without getting above 112 mph with green, six times trying this month.  Oh well, at least I'm not regressing. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 70 (17 Mar 2021) - More indoor putter work today.  To combat the tendency to push the ball, I put a balled up piece of paper about 12-18" behind the ball to ensure I my swing clipped the paper center of the back of the club on the takeaway - setting my tempo to around 70bpm.  Having the paper there and knowing I needed to make contact with it made a big difference.  Less push and more balls in the putting green cup.  Also took some time on the "plush" carpet of the bedroom - talk about you slow green feel, it is all about that.  Still resting the foot - hope to get back to more work on the full swing side soon.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 1 (3/17/21) 🍀: Worked for an hour on putting and short game. In particular proper eyes over the ball alignment, taking the putter head away on a controlled and straight line.

Worked on flop shots over a bunker from tighter lies than usual.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Edited by Frank F
Added date

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Day 154: Played my first round today. 32F to start.🥶 Nothing was going the distance I expected so I had to do a lot of scrambling. Felt good to be out.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 4

Short game again.  Worked a pattern to make sure I set up and reset every time... medium pitch, low chip, high chip, change aim point, repeat.  Used the 54*, tomorrow may play a similar game with the 50*

• Administrator

Day 24.  Multiple breaks (at least three) throughout the day, hitting PW and 7-iron (my usual 8- and 6- were in my garage) indoors, off a mat, into the net, real balls.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 457:

My 1st grader decided to leave her "homework" until after dinner, so didn't have much daylight to practice. Did some Covid-19 day-3, 4, 5 drills, and a bit of slower full swings still working on co-priority pieces of recentering/flow and palmar flexion.

-Peter

This didn’t send yesterday:

Day 66 - some swings into net with 8i with focus on 

Today, Day 67 - slow takeaways with 8i this morning. As I’ll be playing Saturday, I’ll do some more Blast work in the office today as well, working on rhythm & bead.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny