IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 27.  Today was a great day for practice.  I finally, a few days ago, got video and sent it into Evolvr for the first time in a while.  Last night I got the lesson and today I watched it.  I spent about 30 minutes (and about as many balls) working on my new priority piece (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls -- maybe I should indicate when this isn't the case for range practice for me).  This involves setting up slightly differently and also working on two aspects (I straighten my back leg too quickly and too much, which causes another issue) on my swing.

I have mixed feelings for how practice came out.  The setup felt weird as did some of the backswing.  That's good:  I've long since learned that if my new priority piece practice doesn't initially feel weird, I'm more likely making a mistake or  not doing it correctly.  However, I was hitting balls just as flush as before, if not more -- that seems like an odd outcome.  

I also did speed sticks, protocol one.  The final green one was 112 as seems my usual, but I did get red over 100 today (to 101), which is fun.  

Playing tomorrow, so look forward to a report about day 28 tomorrow involving hitting the ball well on the course [here's hoping]

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Day 69 - playing, currently...but didn’t want to forget it log later

85 (with a triple & a double)

F: 10/18

GIR: 10/18

putts: 35 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 447 - March 20, 2021

Not as much time as I'd have liked, but about 15 minutes of the same drill as the last two days.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 73 (20 Mar 21) - some full swings w/3wood in backyard today and hard foam balls.  Worked on takeaway with a controlled backswing and making slight sweeping divot after impact. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 460:

Did COVID-19 day-3, 4, 5 drills, recentering/flow rehearsals, and some full swings with 8-iron. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 5 (3/21/21): Morning session. Two sessions on most off days. If I'm not playing, I'll spend off days at the short game practice area at our Club for an hour and then putt for about 30 minutes followed by 20 range balls total (4 balls each with 5 clubs).

This morning, I'm working on wedges, wedges and wedges. Short chips and flops from around the green with the 60 degree. I vary my practice with open and neutral faces of the wedge. Working on landing the ball in a spot where it rolls to the hole or, sticks very close on a flop.

With the 56 degree, working on longer distances with chips from 5 yards to maybe 10 yards off the green. If things are too busy here with guests playing, I may back up to 20-30 yards and pitch to the greens.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Day 461:

Played 18 today. Still working on recentering/flow and palmar flexion. I think I was shorting myself on the backswing with too much thought on the downswing, but played well, except driver was a little queefy.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 159: Worked on my priority piece and filmed with 8 and 6 iron.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 70 - shoulder bothering me today. Did a little work on PP (straighter right elbow) for a few mins with 9i

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 28.  I played 18 today.  My second round of 2021 at my home course, second time parring hole ten, despite not parring it at all in 2020.

I drove it well (except one E.B. shot on #17), but didn't hit my other clubs that well.  Poor score.  Lots of work to do.  Lots of work I will do to be ready to compete this summer!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 448 - March 21, 2021

First day of spring! Celebrated by hitting… uhhhh… one tee shot on #1 at Whispering Woods, and then two 8-irons on #9. Really hit them well.

Also worked for 25 minutes downtown before the Junior Elite Sunday program. Really feeling good about what I'm doing right now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 7

About two hours at the range.

45min of chipping practice, bounching back and forth between 58 and 50 for different shots.

Rest of time working through the bag.  Trying to focus on fundamentals and not getting lazy... forcing myself to remember the setup and make sure I'm doing it every time.

Day 74 (21 Mar 21) -pitch drills in the yard w/8i & 54* SW...focused on weight transfer, foot positioning...keeping the stance narrowed, minimizing wrist action. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 160: Range work focusing on alignment and aim. Short game area wasn’t open. Worked through the bag first with alignment sticks, then without. Second pass picked different targets. 

I am really trying to eliminate hooks and pulls. My set up now has the face open and aimed just right of the target. My feet are left of the target. If I align square, hooks and pulls happen. So no more of that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 75 (22 Mar 2021) - Easy work this morning (more drizzly rain outside) with the 7i and light pitches using a putter stroke and whiffle balls.  Focus was on contacting the ball then ground, carpet in this case.  Getting the ball to travel about 1/3 the total distance as I start from about 6' inside the bedroom and getting it roll out to the end of the hall.  Back to the putter tomorrow. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 6 (3/22/21): I received my new PuttOut pressure putt trainer today. I worked with that for probably about 15 minutes. Still waiting on the accompanying golf mat. So, today I had to use a stretch of carpet that we have in the entrance of our home. Certainly not the same and I am looking forward to combining both of those items together.

I also plan to bring the trainer to the golf course later this week and try it out on real turf. So far I really like it.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Day 29.  Today was another good day for practice!  I spent over an hour and hit several dozen balls, using my 8- and 6-irons and my 4-hybrid, working on my priority pieces.  All of this was indoors, off a mat, into a net, but with real balls (a few plush shots for my first few hybrid shots).  I also did speed sticks protocol one.  Time permitting later I will go putt, if I finish the non-golf work I need to do today too. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 8. 

Shorter one today. 

Spent about 15 to 20 min working on backswing through impact (home made impact bag).  Trying to go slow and be able to stop at correct intermediate points, rather that full speed and not being able to see/feel where the club is.