IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 78 (25 Mar 21) - full swings with the 3w and 6i this morning.  Working on staying head down and weight forward on the downswing.  Seeing progress as balls are more times than not straight away toward a slight draw.  This is not easy for my body loves to protect the lead foot (no toes/transmet amputation/(very) thin grafted skin) from excess torque/pressure.  @iacas encouraged me to figure this out early on in the COVID 30 day Challenge last April.  It is still a journey - but I am learning the balance point.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 164: Played 9 this morning just after the rain stopped. Sprayed my driver a bit until the last two par 4s. Also played the Blues, which is pretty long for me. Shot a 43.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 9 (3/25/21): Before going to the course, I worked with the PuttOut Pressure putt training aid at the house for about 10 minutes. I played 18 this morning. Shot 87 with 37 putts, 33% GIR and 87% fairways hit. I decided to make several putting changes on the course today, not smart!

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Day 74 - Blast putting in office b/w patients. Gonna hit a few 6i's later this evening. My next real round (not counting a scramble) is with a buddy in early May wherein I'll hit it 6 times (which is a lot of 6 irons in one round for me). 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 452 - March 25, 2021

Practiced downtown for twenty minutes between lessons. Getting more comfortable with the transition piece.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 32.  In addition to a dozen shots as combination warm-up and practice (6-iron, off a mat, indoors, same as almost always), I did speed sticks protocol one (I meant to yesterday, did not -- see yesterday's to see that I did get practice in, just not that).  113 green stick at the end, highest since starting back up (I had plateaued at near 112).  112-107-101-113. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 465:

Lesson today. New priority piece for backswing, first lesson in awhile where the priority piece is more of an adjustment rather than a major correction.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 75 - Blast putting in office b/w patients at distances of 18’ & 30’ just working on consistency of pendulum lengths and rhythm 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 10 (3/26/21): I worked with the PuttOut Pressure putt training aid at the house for about 10 minutes.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Day 165: worked on an added piece to my drill, letting the right foot and knee slide toward the target instead of the ball on the downswing. I worked on this before, but it came back as we worked on the rotation. Did this with irons and driver.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 79 (26 Mar 21) - Wedge work in the backyard this morning before heading to the course.   Used the 58 and bounce drill from the COVID practice plan.  Using half swings, getting consistent distance and accuracy.....fast forward to the round played today and the drill paid off as I was landing the ball within a couple of yards where I was wanting it to land.   Yep - making the concerted effort to do "something" each day with a set goal pays off. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 453 - March 26, 2021

Practiced downtown for twenty minutes before waiting for a guy who, then, didn't show up to show me some putter thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 12. 

Another inside day (unfortunately).

Spent 5-10min on putting drills - rotating 3', 4.5', and 6' straight puts.  

Also working on drills like this as I fight inconsistency with my irons.  I like how Mike Malaska explains things, so I'm going through a number of his lessons.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ii-FU3PouE

Day 466:

Did some feel rehearsals for backswing rear leg/hip priority piece. Then a superspeed workout after warming up a bit.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 33.  Half an hour, 30 balls, indoors, off a mat, into a net.  Focusing on setup and getting up to speed on full swings (my first full swings with this priority piece, not including a few attempts used to test a different camera setup). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 166: Worked on my priority piece with 7 iron and driver then did SuperSpeed.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 11 (3/27/21): I spent 30 minutes prior to my round today working on my wedges around the green as well as putting with the PuttOut training aid on the putting green. I hit about 20 balls with various irons, hybrids and my driver.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank