IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 6 (4/6/21) - Played 18 today at North Kingstown Golf Course and shot a 104, among my worst rounds ever on the course. The greens had been aerated and didn't putt well (38 putts today versus 30 two weeks ago), but that isn't really an excuse. Lot's of work to do!

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 90 (6 Apr 21) - Easy pitches with the PW this morning before a long day of work outside doing deck repairs and hot water tank change out at the beach place.  The pitches were simple - used the fire pit in the back yard (about 25yds) as the target.  Stayed focus on P6 before each swing - amazing how accurate the ball is when the swing follows a good release.   Tomorrow, at the beach, so it will be work in the large sand trap with the spare 60deg wedge.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 464 - April 6, 2021

Played nine holes. Made eight pars… and a birdie.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/3030369

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 23. 

Soreness in left shoulder today, so spent time on dynamic stretching and swinging with orange whip knockoff.  About 10 minutes of 1/2 speed swings just stretching out and focusing on sequencing.  

Day 477:

Just some indoor putting work on bead (yardstick drill) and some feel drills for my trail leg/hip backswing priority piece. After being awake all night with a dog suffering diarrhea and needing to go outside and shit every 30 minutes and then almost 10 hours at work, actually doing work today, not sitting at a desk, I was too tired for anything else.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 7 (4/7/21) - Practiced hitting chips and pitches with my gap wedge in the yard.

Last week I had watched Erik's videos on chipping and pitching from last year and got the pitching motion with my sand wedge down pretty well.  Yesterday while playing I really "got" how much more margin for error there is in the pitching motion than the chipping motion.  Going to the range tomorrow to hit balls and after will do more work using a pitching motion with my gap wedge. next will try the same thing with a pitching wedge, then 9-iron. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 178: Played 18 then went to the range to work on driver and 6 iron. Driver was sketchy during the round and I’m still toeing my longer irons. I will film tomorrow and send in to Evolvr.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 45.  As is my usual on a workday, I snuck out to the practice room for a bit.  I hit a few 6-irons out of habit (usual routine), but then switched to hitting half and quarter shots with my U-Iron and 56 degree.  I snap faded two quarter-shots with the 56 (I hit more bad shots with it during my last round), but was otherwise okay.

I assume practicing these, for mechanical purposes, off a mat and into a net, indoors, is okay.  If there's a problem doing quarter and half shots, I'd like someone to tell me.  I feel like I haven't worked on my mechanics for these in a while, and that's what I'd like to do a lot of, and then go practice on a real green with them to hone distances. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 478:

Warmup with a 7-iron. Then kids got home and distracted me, so started again after dinner. Warmup with 7-iron, and then superspeed workout.

-Peter

Day 91 (7 Apr 21) - sand bombs on the beach with the 60 wedge.  Actually it was the club bombing the sand, using the weight of the wedge to bomb the sand and work the bounce.  Worked the drill with the lead hand, trail hand and both hands. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 24. 

Still fighting soreness in shoulder, so I decided to stick to putting drills.  50 6' putts, resetting and re-addressing the ball each time.  Practicing rolling over my mark first and foremost. 

Day 8 (4/8/21) - Hit a medium bucket (70 balls) at the range today. Focus was on (i) hitting PW, UW and SW with a pitching motion (about 25 balls) and (ii) full swings with the 5SK "steady head" drill (about 40 balls) with PW, 7-iron, 5H and Driver.  I focused on feeling the stretch on my right side in the back swing and keeping my eyes focused directly on the ball. 

After finishing on the range, I went to the pitch and putt course and hit 9-iron, UW and SW to greens with the pitching motion.

Day 92 (8 Apr 21) - Target practice today with the small (12"), med (16") and large (24") yard targets, whiffle balls and the 8i and 50* wedge.  Focused on getting the balls as close as possible - with a steady head/side wind it also meant working the shot to compensate for wind factor.  Though the shots were only 25yds or less, I could imagine I was on some windblown course approaching from 130 yds (the max of what I tend to shoot the 8i) and having to work the shot with the wind.  Much more mind work than mindlessly hitting balls around the yard.   Also mixed in with the white and orange whiffle are the Skilz yellow/black balls which allow you to see the spin (or lack thereof) when hitting.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 180: Filmed a 6 iron swing and driver swing to send into Evolvr. Working on ball position at set up as I’ve been toeing my irons.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 25. 

Range time.  Went in planning to try some long iron vs hybrid experiments.  Unfortunately still had some lingering shoulder issues and had to back off.  Chipping work instead.  Grabbed the 54 and swapped between high and low shots at varying targets.

• Administrator

Day 466 - April 8, 2021

Hit some balls lefty at the range. It didn't go so well. Sometimes I can do this really, really well. Not today. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 479:

Did some priority piece work with PW and 5-iron.

-Peter