IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 12 (4/12/21) - More "Steady Head" drills today, without a club. I'm focusing on this aspect of the full swing for right now, but have begun the "Weight Forward" drills also.Β 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 184: Didn’t intend to play today, butΒ when I got to the course, it was empty. Hit some balls working on center-face contact and the course was still empty. So I played 18 solo. It was quite windy and seeming making all the long holes longer. Shot an 84, but can’t post solo rounds. Finally saw someone on 10 when I was finished.Β 
Β 

I went back to my car and noticed the basket of balls I left was still there along with an alignment stick I left behind. So I hit a few more to get the β€˜swing out from the top feel’ back down. Playing tomorrow morning again.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just starting fresh on this thread, since I’m getting serious about my practice routine ... I thought I should do the challenge. Let me know if I’m doing anything wrong.... here we go. Day 1 start....

Β 

Worked through the takeaway and full swing flow drills at the range today for a couple hours with and without ball using driver, hybrid, iron, and wedge. Then, worked on the leading edge chip and pitch drill at the practice green for 30 min along with putting flow paying attention to torso rotation.Β 

Dave

Day 482:

Skipping superspeed this week. After a really terrible day of ball striking in yesterday's round, I feel like I need to get back to basics, and do some filming to see if I can diagnose any changes. Did Covid-19 day-3, 4, 5 drills. Hit a bunch of balls with slow 9-3 swings, with rehearsals between balls, focusing on contact and start line.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 96 (12 Apr 21)Β - Decided to do a light swing driver drill today with the hard foam balls in the backyard.Β  Setup for a normal swing, at the top of the backswing stopped and checked the hands and arms.Β  Then made a smooth easy swing that "tapped" the ball off the tee about 20 yards or so.Β  Did this for about 10 swings.Β  Then did another 10 only this time coming through a little quicker - looking for solid flight on the limited balls.Β  Again it was about mapping my swing through to the finish.Β  Sometimes its more fun to see how "controlled" you can hit a driver and not just focus on crushing bombs!Β Β 

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 50.Β  After work, I spent a little more than a half hour hitting about 50-60 chip shots.Β  I used my 56 and my U-iron for the most part.Β  Quarter shots and a few "putter-chippers" were the order of the day, with a focus on good setup every time and clean contact (since I was hitting off a mat into a net, I couldn't measure up and down or so on). I also hit a few with an 8-iron and a few with the 3H.Β  Β In addition to being good golf practice, I find this relaxing.Β  I have an evolvr lesson I need to get to soon though...Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Day 97 (13 Apr 21)Β - went back to working on staying stable and not over shifting my body to the trail foot on the back swing (i.e. lift lead foot and fall to the right side) and down swing (i.e. lift trail foot and fall to the left side).Β  A slight variant of the DAY 17 Stork Drill of the April 2020 Covid-19 Practice Plan.Β  Started the drill with doing it in the mirror first,Β folded arms for several reps to "feel" the balance point.Β  Later I moved outside to use the 7i.Β  First withΒ several sets of rotations with the iron in my arms across my chest to point where my shoulders were rotating.Β  Finished up with 1/2 to 3/4 swings again focusing on "feeling the weight" in my feet and keeping the core relatively centered.Β  Β I really need to do this one every day....it is that tough and that good.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 185: Played another solo round. Cold and windy, so I worked a lot with flighted shots. Driver came around the second nine but was a bit squirrelly on the first nine.Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

Day 51.Β  After viewing my evolvr lesson, I hit a dozen balls (indoors, off a mat, into the net) after doing some non-ball practice.Β  Of course, this is all very slow.Β  I am focusing on a setup piece and a backturn piece, as per my latest priority.

I plan to do this periodically throughout the day;Β  I'm just posting now because I'm reading TST at lunch and already did 5+ minutes today.Β  This isn't my only practice.

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Day 13 (4/13/21) - Started out to play 18 today, but only ended up playing 15. On about the 7th hole, I hit something in the ground the wrong way and pulled muscles in my back and left side which just got worse as i continued to play, so I stopped. I'm planning to take at least 2-days off, but if its not a lot better by Friday, I'll be starting over on the 5-minutes per day challenge.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

Day 2. - April 13, 2021
Β 

Spent two sessions today deemed as Short GameΒ Tuesday (for my self-imposed practice plan). Total 1.5 hours working on the leading edge chipping drills and pitch drills. I combined the pitch to letting the club fall 3x as in the drill and swing through a shot at different distances with 60 degree wedge. Also spent 1/2 hour doing slow motion swing flow drill with the same wedge. Feeling more confident with the wedges. Good day today.Β 

Edited by Dave325

Dave

4 minutes ago, Dave325 said:

Spent two sessions today deemed as Short GameΒ Tuesday (for my self-imposed practice plan). Total 1.5 hours working on the leading edge chipping drills and pitch drills. I combined the pitch to letting the club fall 3x as in the drill and swing through a shot at different distances with 60 degree wedge. Also spent 1/2 hour doing slow motion swing flow drill with the same wedge. Feeling more confident with the wedges. Good day today.Β 

Remember to add the β€˜Day’.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 471 - April 13, 2021

Hit a few shots on the range at Lawrence Park while helping my college kids.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 483:

Planned on filming my swing today, but it got too dark to get good exposure with slo-mo phone camera videos. Did some Covid-19 day-3, 4, 5 drills. Hit some balls with a 75% speedΒ full swing, with lots of rehearsals between balls. Hitting the ball toward heel, launch angle a bit high, and start line not great. Something isΒ awry at the moment, but I'veΒ got a lesson scheduled on Thursday so I'm not going to troubleshoot too much right now.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 186: Worked on setup and my priority piece and filmed it.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 472 - April 14, 2021

Practiced after a lesson while checking on some Analyzr 3.1 troubleshooting stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 3 - April 14, 2021

Chip and pitch drill using the COVID-19 practice plan drills for 1 hour. Adding in the Pitch wedge along with my Lob 60. Practiced pitch and chips in my 30 yard practice course. Getting better and putting them close. Even holed one. Yeah!

1/2 hour ofΒ swing flow drill practice (my fav) with pitching wedge.Β 

Edited by Dave325

Dave