IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 3 March 21,2018

10 minutes of putting 3-6 feet working on stance, aim, and stroke.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 36 - kettle bells swings for balance weight shift forward w/focus on steady head.

Chipping with putting stroke with emphasis on solid contact.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 81. 

Raining out there today. That left me with indoor putting practice. Same focus as before. Rolling the ball over a coin that acts as an intermediate target. When I roll the ball over the coin, I know my set up, aim, ball position, and stroke are good. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

3/22/18:

Day 356:

Continuation of my first move down drill with the next piece to it. Yes there is another piece to it. I think I've mastered the first move down drill, I have the next simple piece to add to it. The next move is to feel like you are pulling the club through impact with your lead arm... (In my case the left) You only pull for a little bit in the first part of this drill. I feel as if this "New to me" swing is going to help me improve more than the shit I was doing before. It seems like I am making progress in the right direction. 38° is still kind of cold to be practicing outdoors, however we got spared of most of the snowfall from the latest Nor'easter.

Nine Days till One Full Year, Will I make it?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

DAY 122    Spent 90 minutes plus on the putting green making 100 3 and 5 foot putts, as part of the 10,000 Putt Challenge.   Then spent 2 hours plus on the range working on my downswing sequence and staying in posture.  Then played 9 holes (2 birdies, 2 bogies) and shot even par.  Nowhere near as windy today as yesterday THANK heavens.

• Administrator

Day 48 - March 22, 2018 - Watched American Idol (seriously, how did Britney Holmes need a fan vote to go to Hollywood, judges) with the wife and made some slow motion backswings. The 7-iron is just short enough to miss the ceiling. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 4

20 minutes putting 3-6 feet. Working on stance, aim, and stroke. 

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

3/23/18:

Day 357:

Putting in the wee hours. Mostly working on 10-15 foot putts just making sure I have the line and speed married correctly... Working a little on the stroke... Some work with the cross-handed method, however I think I'm just as good quasi conventional.

Eight more days until I reach 1 year... wow.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 5

20 minutes putting working on stance, aim, and stroke.

15 minutes chipping, working mainly on contact.

Don

In the bag:

Day 37 - more chipping with a putting stroke for bead and speed x 15 mins over lunch break.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 49 - March 23, 2018 - Happy birthday to me. Big 4-0.

Same as the usual. Some backswings watching Reed/Spieth.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1 - Missed a couple of days traveling. Mirror work at the gym and yoga/stretching. I need to improve flexibility especially in the follow through. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 82

Started my approach practice game today. Hitting 100 yard shots to pin. Once warmed up, I hit about 50 or so balls. 

Some we're punch shots figuring out which club/swing worked the best. The others we're full swing PW. shots.

Focus was on accuracy, and distance. I also opened up my 8i for some higher shots for drop, and stop shots. 

In My Bag:

DAY 123    Spent an hour on the putting green making 3 foot putts, as part of the 10,000 Putt Challenge.  Need to do the 6 footers tomorrow.  Then played 9 holes with a friend who is handicapped.   We play monthly.  We played from the Gold/Senior tees. While it was a windy day, I still hit 7/9 GIR, got up and down 1/2 times, and eagled a par 5 to finish the 9 holes 1 under par!!  Hit the ball pretty well.  #hardworkpayingoff

Fell off the list...

Going back on starting Monday.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 38 - more chipping with a putting stroke for bead and speed down the hallway at work this morning. Will get out and hit into the net this afternoon when I get off working on Centered Turn and steady head.

-Jonny

3/24/18:

Day 358:

Continued my work on my first move down and pull the club with my lead arm drill. I'm only pulling the club to a little before impact, with this drill, not much further.

Just seven days to one year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 83. 

More 30-40 yard pitch/flop shots, over a practice bunker, to a tight pin. Focus was on alignment, distance and ball contact. Hit 56 balls. Trick was to land balls close to the far lip of the bunker, and letting the ball roll down hill to the hole from there. 

Didn't focus on clearing the bunker. I just pretended it wasn't there. That said, three balls found it. They became my sandy practice balls to that same tight pin. Sand was a bit firm from the previous rains. Went with my LW. 

I was near the first tee box. It was bunched up pretty good. Had a good chuckle to myself. Some golfers were already showing their lack of patience. 

In My Bag: