IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 52.  Today included 30 minutes putting (went to a course during a break from work), mostly 6-15', highlight was making two 15' in a row and leaving the third on the back lip.  I also hit three dozen balls (another 30 minute break), working on my priority piece (setup and part of backswing, with hip and chest alignments).  I also did speed sticks protocol one out back.  Today was a good day. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 98 (14 Apr 21) - more mirror work with the modified stork exercise to keep the body from overshifting (note to self: harder to do at night w/tired body)...followed with lag putt drills to roll specific distances...ended with more time in front of the mirror using the putter as the pointer on the shoulder turn....

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 484:

Did some feel rehearsals for my backswing priority piece. A bit of mirror work and noticed my takeaway was getting inside so did some “Matt Wolff- feel” rehearsals Then did some COVID-19 day-3, 4, 5 drills. Some slow 9-3 swings. Contact all over the place. Kind of at a loss for what the issue is right now. Glad I have a lesson tomorrow. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 14 (4/15/21) -  As noted above on Day 13, I pulled some back muscles playing the other day, so will keep it light as it heals. Practiced putting on the PuttOut (its raining today) making 25 consecutive four footers, followed by 10 five footers. Got a good roll on the ball.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 1 (4/15/21):

Realized I've been ignoring my grip and setup lately. I reviewed Mvmac's video on grip and worked on getting used to that feeling of the club in my fingers. I also spent about 5 minutes this morning working on my setup when addressing the ball and mixing in some Day 1 COVID-19 practice drills. 

• Administrator

Day 474 - April 15, 2021

I'm counting having to film some videos as my practice today, as I had to do the practice in a mirror to get good angles and know how to do the "things" I was teaching.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 187: Range work on setup and center-face contact. Then short game work

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 53.  Played 18 today.  Haven't tried to upload GG yet.  Hit 7 GIR, shot 90 on the nose despite an O.B. and a lost ball.  16 holes at bogey or better (including one birdie), plus triples on the two with the O.B./lost.  Very mixed bag. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 99 (15 Apr 21) - more "stork" stance work in the yard this morning.  Followed it up with some 54* wedge work with the grandson in tow - our goal was to loft the ball over the 20' tulip tree to the hole on the other side.  Overall shot length is close to 40yds - so flighting the foam balls to within 10' of the backyard hole was the goal.  Consistent flight on the balls as I was able to use the "stork" centering work to get solid contact and follow-through.  Plus its fun showing off for the grandson (who'll be five in May) and will one day soon show me how its done! 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 4 - Apri 15, 2021

i got my first Evolvr submission/analysis back today. Yeah! Spent 3.5 hours at the range working through my priority items from the review.... stronger grip, and getting left hips, shoulder, and knees to work down and inside along with the shoulder tilt at the top. Working through these concepts slowly and rehearse with various clubs. Also, continuing work on the swing flow drill. Adding a trigger move to begin the backswing. Ended up with something similar to Matthew Wolff. Seem to help with getting to that final position on the follow through. Ended session with some chip, pitch and putts to wrap up the day. Chip and pitch with the new strong grip. 

Dave

Day 485:

Lesson and an hour on the GC4 launch monitor afterwards. New priority piece to work on.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 100 (16 Apr 21) - (Never thought I would make it to 100 days)   What better way to do this than to actually walk nine holes at one of the local courses.  I have lamented many times about the left foot and my concerns of getting a good swing going and not be in pain.  Besides seeing how my foot would fare,  my primary focus was on keeping weight centered but properly shifted.  The modified "stork" drill over the past few days really paid off today.  Shot 45 - 3 pars, 3 bogies, 3 doubles.   Saw much better ball striking on the irons, not as good on the fairway metals.  Overall a good and enjoyable day of golf.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 188: Snowing! Inside day so I did a bit of chipping and putting in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

26 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Day 188: Snowing! Inside day so I did a bit of chipping and putting in the basement.

Wow!  My condolences.  And here I am worrying about putting my tropical plants on the patio (along with a Pacifico) when all chance of frost is past.  April 19 - May 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 15 (4/16/21) - My back is feeling better every day. Today, I spent time on Day 1 of last year's 30-Day practice plan. About 5 minutes on setup,  2 minutes each on left wrist, right wrist and split grip, then adding a small pivot to A2 and chipping a piece of crumpled up paper. It actually snowed all day in RI (no accumulation) so I did this indoors. It took about 20-minutes total.

My plan is to move through the plan day-by-day over the next week or so until I can comfortably hit full shots again. As of now, I anticipate not actually playing again until my Friday night league starts up in 2-weeks, but we'll see. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 5 - April 16, 2021

Another great range day. 2 hours of work on the elements from my Evolvr review. Strong grip and turning the left side down and under. Found a good trigger with the right heel to pull the left side down and maintain the tilt. Spend time slowing everything way down to impact to maintain the body turn and not stalling. Also did more full swing drills along with 1/2 of chipping with the strong grip. Finished with some putting for about 15 min. I have a round scheduled for tomorrow morning. 

Dave

• Administrator

Day 475 - April 16, 2021

Ten minutes downtown before Natalie showed up to do some work (before a lesson).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets