IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

[placeholder:  I played, but I didn't post, so 5/1/21 is first missed day within the window.  Still on day 68]

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 202: Range work before my COVID shot. Focused on setup and center face contact. It was a bit frustrating because what works on my home net setup is off on grass. Plus the dry erase wasn’t working because the grass was wet. My swings felt good, but I was off center.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 116 (2 May 21) - Played 36 on another putt-putt course in Myrtle (celebration of grandson’s b’day).  Both courses had some serious elevation changes/undulations.  Great exercise in green reading and pacing of ball.  Also the had putters with metal heads and regular balls such as Bridgestone, Pinnacle, etc.  Ball more realistic coming off the head thing.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 502:

Played 18 today. Worked in new rehearsal in pre-shot routine for recentering/flow and shoulder turn. Bad day scoring overall on account of two bad holes, but overall ball striking was better. Still a little inconsistent with start line. Short game was below average.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 30 (5/2/21) - Watched the Day 1 video for the 30-day practice plan and did the drills with intention and attention. Playing 18 tomorrow afternoon (it's great to be retired :-D) and will probably run through the drills again in the morning. Something which I determined that I did on Friday is Eric's warning about Seniors flipping the club inside and top up of the take away. Everything went really bad from there, so I want to ingrain the correct feeling. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 1.

Took a lesson with a new instructor.  Not sure how much faith i get in the guy, though. 🤣

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 69.  Thinking about yesterday, I could have used some better trouble/recovery shots and some UW chip shots.  So I spent about ten minutes on each of them earlier today;  indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls.  5-iron low quarter shots, UW quarter swings. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 21 - May 3, 2021

Working on putting today with alignment, stoke and flow. Using Eye-line mirror alignment tool. Making some changes this week on golf direction. Waiting on responses from Evolvr.

Dave

Day 203: Off day. Moderna hangover. I did do a little chipping in the basement.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 117 (3 May 21) - On the course today - with plenty of scrambling around the greens with wedges and irons.  Focused on where I wanted the ball to land and roll out after.  Bounce drills from last  year's COVID 19 challenge came into play as a good number of the shots rolled to where I was left to putt at 10' or less.  The bad part is the course we were playing has challenging greens, not in undulations/slopes but they are in very rough shape.  You cannot be hesitant or the corncob surfaces will get you.  It teaches a consistent-confident putting stroke.  Of course if I ever play an ultra nice course, I won't know how to putt......

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 492 - May 3, 2021

Played nine holes with Nat at Whispering Woods. Then it started raining.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 31 (5/3/21) - Played 18 today. I did a complete Jekyll and Hyde; 57 on the front, 46 on the back. More full swing motion work needed.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 503:

Did some work with Live View Pro camera and foam balls checking on shoulder turn priority piece. Still missing the mark on this one and doing too much with arms/hands and not turning shoulders. Will work on exaggerating shoulder feel more and record again tomorrow. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 70.  Long day at work, but I was able to sneak out and practice quarter shots with my UW for about ten minutes (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls).  Admittedly, this was done more to wind down and get my mind off of everything than practice, although that benefit was welcome too. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 204: Rain let up so I got to the range and worked on setup, alignment and center face contact. Still a bit off to start. Finished with short game work, sand and green side chips.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 32 (5/4/21) - Raining today so for inside work I re-watched the "Shoulder Pitch" video (Day 2 of the 30-Day Practice plan) and did the drills. 

• Administrator

Day 493 - May 4, 2021

Kinda played nine holes today. DIdn't hit a bunch of putts or anything, just helped Natalie play along. Hit a good drive and a nice 5I to just shy of the third hole, a par five. Downwind more than usual. Not a lot of roll though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets