IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 83.  More slow swings, focusing on getting my chest looking down, as per the practice the past week or so with the wall drill.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, foam balls.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 131 (17 May 21) -  Continued the focus from yesterday's work, i.e. coming into the ball on the downswing - focusing on ball, then ground contact.   Today without the towel to "replicate" what I would see on the course.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 43 (5/17/21) - I won't get to the range today (but did cut my lawn, LOL) so continued slow motion full swing drills at home (without a ball this time) focusing on lower body movement in the downswing.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 217: Played 18 this morning.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 506 - May 17, 2021

Hit balls (including one ball into the parking lot) from the back of the range at Whispering Woods today. Didn't quite have the same feel as the other day, but… it's close.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 84.   Real balls today!  I hit a dozen balls this evening, slow backswing slow through, focusing on the chest down head back parts from last time.  After the first, I made good contact, so I think that's a good sign.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 518:

Did some backswing drills working on priority piece with Live View Pro camera. Hit some foam balls outside,  slow speed for a few 10-ball sets with rehearsals between, and then close to full speed for the last 10. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 132 (18 May 21) - As extension of the past few days, today was about getting the hips to clear in the downswing.  Started with the 50deg wedge with simple shots, rehearsing how I wanted to finish (shirt buttons, belt buckle pointing at the target down range).  Easy rehearsals and then a 3/4 swing.  Using hard foam balls so the flight was pretty accurate - very small start right and then back left to the middle.  Best group was a the last grouping where all 7 balls were within a 3yd radius.  Moved up to the 6iron, again rehearsing how I wanted to finish and then making a 3/4 swing.   Final set was with the 3wood, again rehearsing the shot before making it.  Again saw consistent ball strikes, no fatties or toppers, just click of the ball and the feel of the ground as the club makes contact.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 218: Range work using the MEVO to get some distance numbers. Started with partial shots, what feels like 3/4 swings from LW up to 4H. I’ve been using these a lot with the wind last month. I did notice my distance was farther than I thought at first, but I think they were more than 3/4 swings. I also played with ball position and shot trajectory.

Finished with woods and driver. Forgot to switch from 5W to driver and the spin number were way up.

Lastly, did a bunch of short game work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 44 (5/18/21) - Played 18 today and shot 93; my best score in a while. I took 34 putts (about average) and 6 GIR and nGIR (which represents an improvement). My work on the range last week with the "Justin Rose Drill" and the slow motion swing work are starting to show results. Additionally, for most of my approach shots of 70-150 yards, I took one more club than I thought I needed and made a less than full swing, which resulted in a significant improvement to my accuracy and directly resulted in 2-GIR. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 507 - May 18, 2021

Started my Stack System training today by establishing a baseline. Next time I'll train is in two days with the first training time.

Spent a little time on my backswing (wrists, no depth, soft but no arms), and a little time on the transition with the body (crunchy flow).

I'm getting closer. I also hate how range balls fly.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

Stack System training

Nice. If you have the time, I, and probably others, would like to hear your thoughts on the product and program. Seems to offer more than SuperSpeed (which I have also), at least in terms of the app. 

Day 519:

More indoor work on backswing. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 45 (5/19/21) - Slow motion swings without a ball; A2-A8 wedge shots focusing on a full swing motion. Using a 58* PM Grind wedge, the shot carries about 20-yards. 

Day 219: Played 18 today with a friend. I was swinging too hard for the first few holes. Then I smoothed it out and things got better.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 508 - May 19, 2021

Played 18, albeit from the white tees, so I didn't count anything for the birdie challenge. Bummer, as I made some good birdies, often with some good pitches or shorter shots on shorter par fours or the par fives.

Hit a decent number of shots which felt a lot like last year when I was playing well. Hit two really good 7I to warm up on the range, one hooky driver, and one pounded dead straight one. (Those were the only four balls I hit in warmup).

Hands out, wrists hinge, good crunchy flow transition. Swing it.

Day 85.  Missed yesterday (5/18).  Got a feedback from Evolvr though -- and I wasn't doing my setup correctly for my wall drill.  So that's what I'm working on now;  setup with my spine angle tilted back a bit more than I was, then turning around that. 

-- Michael | My swing!