• Administrator

Day 515 - May 26, 2021

Did my Stack System stuff (set some new personal highs) and did a little work on the backswing length/feeling.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Day 67.  Played in a club tournament.  Shot an 83 (no birdies, nine pars).  Three double bogeys:  a GIR + 4 putts, plus two three-putts after missing greens (one from sand, one from a short sided pitc

Posted Images

Day 92.  I had a concerted, 20 minute practice session today that included both clubless movement, practice swings, and hitting real balls (including a few at the end at-speed).  Focus was as before (spine angle, turning around that).  Indoors, off a mat, into the net, real balls.

(edited)

Day 138 (27 May 21) - Good session this morning with the 8i and the hard foam golf balls (posted link in case anyone is curious about them).  Worked on the stance, keeping head down and engaging the lower body first then the trunk then the arms then the hands and finally the club.  Started seeing consistent flight patterns, very few slices and even a few draw shapes.  Varied the lies from tight to slight fluff, from level to slight downhill to slight uphill.   At the end of the practice I took on the 5i just to see how it would translate, after a couple dozen shots I stopped when the last shot was flushed, effortless with very small draw to within 5yds of the pin target.  

Edited by WillieT
Forgot to make it a public link and not my personal link

Day 53 (5/27/21) - Range work; small bucket hitting drivers and focusing on foot/leg work and getting my weight forward at impact using a drill which I found on Matt Fisher's "Mr. Short Game" channel. Then spent a few minutes in the practice bunker and finally hitting chips and putting out on the practice green, 

Day 226: Busy day so only had time for a bit of pitching in the yard.

• Administrator

Day 516 - May 27, 2021

Happy 16th anniversary to me… oy. I played three holes, but from the white tees. Hit a 5I/8I/LW on the first hole. Hit a chippy 9I to a foot on the second hole. Played the third with a pair of 4I and a few short game shots.

Lots of rehearsal swings. Really feeling the half swing length. Feeling. 🙂

Day 2- May 27, 2021

Practiced putting with the 4-8-12 drill. I’m going in with the thought of having my arms extended but relaxed. 

Day 93.  Ten minutes of full swing work (spine angle at address, turning through it).  I am hitting the balls well, which either means I've incorporated the changes or I have reverted.  I hope it's the former.  Gotta do video soon to see.  Also did ten minutes of chipping, primarily quarter shots with the UW.  All of this indoors, off a mat, into a net, and with real balls. 

Yesterday (forgot to post again 🤬):

2 missed posts in 4 days, so will have to go on a run to keep red. Did some work indoors on takeaway/backswing with LVP camera, and downswing work with foam balls outside, no camera, lots of rehearsals.

Day 526 (today):

Did downswing/clubface work with LVP camera outside, hitting foam balls with slow swings.

Day 139 (28 May 21) - played 18 with grandson, who's five and can play 18 holes from 150 in, and the missus (she opted to just caddy for the grandson).   Today was about keeping with the pre-shot routine, repeatable setup on feet and body, taking time to envision the ball and where I wanted it to land and then trusting the swing to deliver the shot.  Then doing the same thing on the next shot.  I even commented to the missus on one tee shot, "That went exactly where I envisioned the flight to be".  Attribute this to the basics of what is taught in LSW and thinking effective course management.    

Day 94.  Went to a putting green for 30 minutes (nearby course) at lunch.  I did a 4' and 6' 12-coin drill.  4' took me 18 putts to get through, 6' took me 30.  Not great numbers, but not horrible either.  For the 6' drill, I'm happy that I don't think any of my misses came up short.  However, all my misses did not fall into the cup, so I don't like that.

Day 227: Played 18 solo again. Short game was good, putting good, approach shots good, driver squirrelly. 

Day 54 (5/28/21)- Played 9 tonight with my Friday night league. It started to rain pretty hard about 6-holes in, although I shot a 51, I won my match 5 to 4. 

Day 527:

Worked on clubface in downswing with foam balls. Then did a little bit of pitching practice into the net with real balls.

• Administrator

Day 518 - May 29, 2021

Stack System work yesterday (got some good speeds), and some shorter swings. Did more today, slower motion, without being in a big rush. Just because I need to be shorter doesn't mean I have to be tense or quick. I think going tense/quick stresses the left thumb a bit too, so at least I'll generally be aware of it.

Day 55 (5/29/21)- Did the PuttOut Challenge today; 17 putts which is my personal best.

Day 95.  I played 18 today;  saw my friends, played golf (which is always fun), and broke 100.  I did bogey hole six, so I improved my not-home-course-composite.

Otherwise, it mostly served to make sure that tomorrow (match play qualifier) isn't my first time playing golf in 3 weeks. :-)