IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 69 (6/12/21) - Practiced my backswing today, making sure that I was starting from the correct setup and moving the club through the full back swing by position. In particular, I wanted to make sure that the clubface was pointed toward the ball when the shaft was parallel to the ground. I did this with my driver and 7i-SW.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day Eighteen, June 12, 2021.

Played 18 today. First ever bogey free round. 1 eagle, 1 birdie, and 16 pars, 68.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 542:

Did some indoor work on backswing using driver using LVP camera, and then some downswing work outdoors with 7-iron working on ingraining feel for squaring clubface. Playing 18 tomorrow morning so we’ll see how everything translates to the course. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 532 - June 12, 2021

Hit balls on the range at Chautauqua with @billchao. Focused on some good knee work and the shoulders/trail elbow. Simple but athletic feeling.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3 June 12 - Went to the driving range to get used to a new wedge. I had a wedge fitting yesterday and needed to find out if I could hit touch shots with it in addition to the full shots. 25 shots with it. Done. Then went on to work on getting through the shot with my irons. I need to get my weight forward and stay on plane through the shot better. Why is it so easy to stay on plane with my 5W? I can return that on the original shaft plane and smoke shot after shot. But why is it so much more difficult with my irons? I need to take a video and look at this. I need to look at what I'm doing with my 5W and move that over to my irons.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Day 109.  Round of 16 of my club's match play.  I lost 3&2 but made a new friend. 

There's this issue that happens to me at this course we played (not our home course due to availability of tee times).  It's come up a few times, but ... my second shot on the first three holes, plus my tee shot on the par-3 4th, were horrible.  Seems to happen to me I hit a few bad early shots, despite getting to the course, stretching, and warming up.  Despite this, still had sub-10 handicap baseline strokes gained: approach.  And for the first time, sub-10 handicap baseline SG:driving.  I also did some "miss the green" short game shots from what should be easy positions today... did that four times, totally inexcusable. I sank some long putts even but missed some short ones.  Putting was sub-20 handicap level today, which was cool.  Gotta pull it all together at some point again. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 543:

Played 18, new rehearsal as part of pre shot routine. Driver showed flashes of improvement today, so pretty pleased with that. 

-Peter

Day Nineteen, June 13, 2021

Trying to like my hybrids, so I worked and chip length swings to begin with. I hate having the lefts… ugh…

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 70 (6/13/21) - My wife filmed me taking swings with an 8-iron and Driver (w/o a ball) in the backyard. Positions seemed pretty good in the backswing, but in the downswing, I noticed that I have a tendency to let the club open up as I started down, thus requiring a correction at impact. Based on this information, I did several more swings focusing on keeping the clubface square to my line throughout the swing. Will work on ingraining this feeling again tomorrow. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 110.  I spent over an hour practicing today;  in addition to full swing practice (three dozen balls, with the attendant practice swings;  slow, 7-iron, indoors, off a mat, into the net.  Focused on priority piece from Evolvr, but I'm not convinced that if I were outdoors these would go only 75 yards.   I also hit some poor short game shots yesterday (shot itself was bad;  result, too), so I hit several of these as practice.  They included half quarter and eighth shots with my UW and quarter and eighth with the LW.  All of this was indoors, off a mat, into a net, with real balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 6 (13 Jun 21) - swing drills with 7i and 3w.  Focus was on the takeaway- bringing the club back instead of around.  Know I get lazy that makes for the coming over the top slices.  The drill included taking full swings using hard foam balls.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 533 - June 13, 2021

Played 18 holes in the outing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 235: played 18 at Deer Ridge with a bunch of unfortunate Sand Trappers. Front nine was weird. Back nine a bit better. Played poorly for the most part. Company was great. Tomorrow is another day. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 7 (14 Jun 21) - Brought the net out today (thanks to the grandson and his persistence to hit into it).  Decided to work on the grip, especially the right (trail) hand.  Worked with 3w, the club I tend to either chunk or top the most.  1/2 - 3/4 swing length with a sweep through the ball, making solid contact - of course into a net its all about hitting the target panel.  Been fighting the part of me that wants to swing "hard" as I can to impress no one.  Laughingly I am reminded of my co-ed softball days in the '80's - I knew I could not hit the homerun, but I could pretty much put it where I wanted.  Maybe that's the key - making solid, controlled contact and let whatever distance happens happen.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 71 (6/14/21) - Raining today so did slow motion swings indoors checking for correct alignments from A2 thru A7, trying to ingrain the feeling at each position

Day 236: Spent the morning at Golf Evolution working on some full swing parts. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 4 - June 13: Worked in slow motion returning my irons to impact to the original shaft plane from transition point. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Day 544:

Did some backswing rehearsals with driver using LVP camera digital mirror, working on feel for backswing; not whipping clubhead inside hands, but also not shoving hands out away from body. Did this for about 15 minutes before heading off to watch my daughter's swimming lesson.

-Peter