IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 242: worked on my two new pieces for about an hour. Too much direct sunlight to video it. Worked on the backswing first feeling long and high with slower tempo. The sun was behind me so I could use my shadow.

Moved onto the left knee piece with mapping to A6, then a short backswing and thrusting my left hip back with straightening my left leg. The I combined the two with slower speed swings to A9, really trying to feel the thrusting of the left leg and hip.

Finished with pitching and chipping in the U.S. Open rough in my yard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day Twenty-six, June 20, 2021

Focused on tempo with my backswing. Mostly swinging some 4i just trying to get the rhythm and timing down.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 1 “again” (20 Jun 21 again due to vaca 2021) - will resume this as a regular routine when I get home from vacation with family in NE.  Did make it to a small country range today (195yds deep), so it was 75 balls (at least they were decent balls) and an early metal driver w/steel shaft.  Worked heavily on right hand placement and getting the hips to fully rotate to allow me to rotate thru rather than over the top. Saw definite improvement in shot shape as very few were fading slices, about 1/3 were pulls to the left with the balance being slight fades or draws down the middle.   Best part of this plan was having my oldest son with me, his first time ever on the range.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 540 - June 20, 2021

Played nine holes with Nat (back from Mexico) after recording a video on Friday… I flushed it in practice (ten minutes) yesterday, and that continued today. Jeez. RECORD YOURSELF MORE OFTEN YOU DIPSHIT. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 77 (6/20/21) - Practiced chipping for about 10-minutes in my yard, focused primarily on a flop-chip out of the rough.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 117.  I spent well over five minutes trying to figure out my timing via the tempo app, as per Erik's Covid-19 drills day 8.  I think I got it (85 bpm) and got some practice with that and the app in;  I'll aim to get some video to see if I'm doing this right before doing the second half of the drill.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 541 - June 21, 2021

Rained out on our 18 holes this morning, so got in some more focused time downtown for 30 minutes or so.

Wasn't easy as someone is demanding of attention, but I have a big trip coming up.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 243: Too humid to work on full swing outside today without sweating buckets. So I did a 2 hour short game practice instead.

Started with chipping on all kinds of lies and focused on soft arms and pivot. Also, I slowed down my backswing which is an issue for me.

Moved on to putting. Used my tempo app to get my rhythm down at 72 2/4 time. Then  worked on distance control up and down hill.

Next played a little one ball from various lies trying to get up and down. Followed with sand work when the green cleared. Finished with flop shots and downhill lie pitches.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 118.  Already today I did part two of Erik's day-8 Covid drill, although instead of two alignment sticks I used an alignment stick (my only one) and a shaft pull (I also ordered alignment sticks so I can more easily use them because the shaft pull is a bit awkward).   I used my timing from yesterday's practice to aid.  I may take these to the practice facility and actually try to putt with these for a drill.

I also did ten minutes of 7-iron full shots, exaggerating how short-of-parallel I'm going.  Gonna do that more today, too, and get video tomorrow I think. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 78 (6/21/21) - Practiced toe down chipping in the yard.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day Twenty-seven, June 21, 2021

Practiced trying to have a more tilted shoulder turn. It’s going to be my focused practice for a bit, got the Club Championship coming up.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Day 244: spent two hours at the range doing full swing and short game work. Worked on my two pieces with drills using driver and 6 iron. Then went through the bag focusing on long, high, slow backswing.

Moved on to longer chips and pitches using various clubs, PW to 58 and varied lies, up and down hill, tight and fluffy. Then did and shots and finished with flop shots over the bunker to a pin only 4 paces on. It was really humid and I sweat buckets. Had to wear my rain gloves most of the time.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day Twenty-eight, June 22, 2021

Again today did some drills to work on angled shoulder turn.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 119.  Today was a good day.  If I'm reading my swing video from the range correctly, I might have been successful in getting a picture change, at least somewhat.  My head is moving again (that was not the goal) but I'm now getting some swings in where I stop on the backswing well before parallel (instead of well after).  That's over two weeks of work, and I'm happy to see something of a result.

There was a small bucket at the range, of which the first 15 or so balls took half an hour of rehearsal swing, hit, check the video, am I making progress, etc.  

I also went to the putting green with my putter and the alignment sticks.  I should have also brought a headset to listen to the tempo.  Hitting balls at a cup with those alignment sticks in is tough.  But I did the drill a bit to feel it.  I then did some putts without it, and finally a 3' drill -- took me 13 putts to take all 12 coins (the only miss was 11:00 on the first pass).  Focus was thinking of the timing, complete the backswing then go forward at an appropriate pace to a destination.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 1:

Back from camping, and landscaping in backyard is finished, so I am a bit discombobulated with where to get my practice in. Worked on backswing elements with LVP camera, using driver and 7-iron.

EDIT: Trying to figure out how to remove the award until I get a new streak going but keep getting stuck...

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 542 - June 22, 2021

Did my Stack System stuff today (and set some new records, which was nice), and then hit 15 or 20 balls working on my wrist cupping feel.

Day 79 (6/23/21) - Medium bucket at the range. Worked on getting my 58* CBX 2 dialed in for up to 40 yards, full swing motion wedge shots with my 49* and 54* wedges and alternated between driver and various other clubs.